Are prices higher for 2014 compared to 2013?

Hi

I would like to have your opinion on this, I'm just looking for 2014 prices and I notice that's prices are a little but higher compared to 2013. Maybe I'm wrong but I remember that September was relative cheap in the past but not this time. Thank for reading my post

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think it varies. I just had my TA book 2 cruises, Allure and Oasis for Dec. 2014. They are cheap now, and if they come down more she will re-price them for me. I prefer to get the cabin of my choice now.

September prices should come down in price...(hurricane season).

Pretty close to me.

August 2014 triple inside on the Oasis was actually a little less than it was in 2013 for the same week; I ended up upgrading to a boardwalk balcony (farthest back next to aqua suite!) when a price drop showed up.

My New Years 2014 8 day is about the same price as my Christmas 2013 8 day (for an outside; I chose an inside for the NY cruise).

My spring break 2014 Allure cruise dropped a good bit over the last month, although I don't have a reference since last year we did Navigator out of New Orleans. That being said, I'm not paying too much more (maybe 20%) for a balcony on the Allure versus an inside on the Navigator.

My three cruises booked for 2014 are generally cheaper than the cruises I had in 2013.

Independence of the Seas (in March both years) was $679/person for a Promenade cabin last year and is $669/person this year with an additional $75 savings certificate.

Allure of the Seas (August 2013) was a good price thanks to a last-minute booking (three weeks in advance) at $799/person with a $100 balcony discount for Emerald, but this year's Allure cruise (October 2014) is still slightly cheaper at $829/person with a $225 balcony discount (now Diamond). Both cruises are in Boardwalk Balcony cabins.

Freedom of the Seas (October 2014) is the special $369/person rate that popped up briefly for a Promenade cabin. It's very hard to beat that one.

I think they are lower. I had book a B2B on the Allure for July of 2013. The prices continues to climb - at least $700 for each week, making me very glad I booked when I did. I never found any type of a price drop. I cancelled 2 weeks before final payment, and rescheduled for the same period for 2014.

At the time of the booking, the rates were $100 higher per week for 2014 then the initial booking when originally booked for 2013 (booked that in 2012).

Since November of 2013, the price of the Allure has gone done for 2014. I have had 2 price drops for the second week of the B2B, and 1 price drop for the first week, saving me nearly $1,000 for the 2 weeks.

Interestingly enough, the price I am paying for the first week on the Allure is now $100 cheaper the my Oasis cruise back in 2011 during the same time period.

For me, the prices are less. We book D8 cabins in deck 6. I always cruise during the same time period, as I work for a public school, and my vacation time is limited to summer.

Are you comparing same ship, same week & same stops? Port charges CAN made a huge price difference.

For us, we're cruising in April 2014 on the Allure in a D8 balcony for only a tiny bit more than we cruised on the Oasis in October 2012 in a D8 balcony. Did Western on Oasis and doing Eastern on Allure -- port charges are a tad bit more on Allure due to visiting more islands. Beyond that, I haven't noticed any big pricing changes.

On a corporate level yes overall prices will increase but as to narrowing down where those increases are coming from that is much more difficult. There may be certain regions or even ships where prices are down overall but here may be others where prices are up.

As RCI launches its new ships I think that prices will decline on boh Oasis and Allure in the same way that the Freedom class prices declined after the launch of the Oasis class.

As RCI launches its new ships I think that prices will decline on boh Oasis and Allure in the same way that the Freedom class prices declined after the launch of the Oasis class.

A year has made a big difference in these prices.........had been waiting and waiting and finally first cruise on Oasis in November of last year and it was a balcony at unbelievable price.

Nothing gets cheaper. Last time I cruised was 2004ish and I'm astounded at how much more expensive the add ons are (especially beverage packages).[ Must remember everything is more expensive than it was ten years ago including cruises. Add ons are something you can decided if they are worth it for you eg - just buy drinks if you feel the drinks package is too expensive.