It's COLD on QM2 today

Skier52

YIKES!

I would think that all decks need to be cleared of snow before the ship departs Red Hook tonight. That snow certainly won't melt in the coming days. Frozen clumps of ice in high winds becomes projectiles. And the top deck must be cleared to allow for medevac by helicopter.

No doubt Cunard has the situation well under control. Looking forward to seeing those decks cleared of snow :)

Seriously, best wishes to the hard working crew of QM2. Sorry for your troubles, mates! Regards, Salacia

Sheesh!! I wish!!

Where we live, it is 41C today. For the Americans without an Abacus, that is about 106F in the old money.

Barry

I have an Abacus, but it's buried under a foot of snow :)

Sorry for your troubles, mate. 106F sounds rather toasty. Good luck, stay cool (as I try to stay warm). Cheers -S.

It's only 28 C (82 F) in Sydney today. Beautiful weather.

Yes - it was our turn to cop it. 41C here in the south of Bris but only 20 minutes drive away from us, it got to 44C (111F) -- that is getting seriously warm!!!!.

Give me cold anytime.

Barry

Yes - it was our turn to cop it. 41C here in the south of Bris but only 20 minutes drive away from us, it got to 44C (111F) -- that is getting seriously warm!!!!.

Give me cold anytime.

Barry

This day last year I was reboarding QM2 to sail to Southampton. It was bitterly cold, but we didn't get snow like what's happening now!

Still managed to get lip burn from being outside to go under the bridge on the way out to sea. But it was worth it for the video footage.

Great shot, Underwatr, very evocative - I had to put a sweater on while looking at it :)

Just wondering - was it warm enough inside the ship in the hours after you docked? I keep thinking of how cold it must have been on the waterfront that night :eek:

Just wondering - was it warm enough inside the ship in the hours after you docked? I keep thinking of how cold it must have been on the waterfront that night :eek:
We like it cool to sleep, but felt it was prudent to keep the curtain at the balcony door closed to insulate a bit against the cold. Interior temperatures weren't more of an issue than normal - it's usually a bit cool inside anyway.

We were on deck 5 on the same side as the snowy pictures. There was a bit of snow in the balcony but nothing comparable to the deck 7 photo.