MS Westerdam & MS Amsterdam-Sail Away-Jan 4, 2014

aliaschief

I don't know the first thing about sailing a ship, but it must be a lot more difficult to navigate out of a berth in the dark than during daylight hours. Any sailors out there that can confirm/deny this?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The condos made for a few good noises while the Indy sailed by, but I am thinking because it was after 6, no tooting.

I think it would be awesome if the Amsterdam tooted when she leaves tonight, but I am sure there would be some fines imposed if she did. So I will just sit here on my sofa with my air horn and make the toots for her.

:o

Yes, thank you so much for zooming in on the gorgeous Amsterdam...most of wish that we were onboard this evening....have always dreamed of sailing to Australia. Have to have a bigger "cruise Jar" for that one! Love watching the sailaways especially on Saturdays, but I do check it out EvERY day! Thanks, again!

Edited by flyingA

Sitting here, watching the lights twinkling on Amsterdam, I can almost feel the excitement of the passengers. For the passengers who do the world cruise year after year, it must be like coming home. For some of the first timers it is the culmination of years of wishing, planning, and saving. I hope all have the time of their lives!

Yes, thank you so much for zooming in on the gorgeous Amsterdam...most of wish that we were onboard this evening....have always dreamed of sailing to Australia. Have to have a bigger "cruise Jar" for that one! Love watching the sailaways especially on Saturdays, but I do check it out EvERY day! Thanks, again!

Trans Pacific cruises are available on the Oosterdam and Volendam.

She is still looking so beautiful docked there. Oh how I wish I could be on her for this grand adventure. But someday! I can feel the excitement and here I am on the other coast. LOL

It looks like they have stopped all the exterior work that they were doing before I took a break. I would imagine that they want everything to be perfect before they leave. I just cannot fathom being gone until April. But I sure would like to give it a try.