LEGEND of the SEAS - Please tell me all!!

Lisa can check this out there might be changes to this??

Hope this helps,

Allison

Allison - Thank you so much. I am especially happy to hear that I will be able to see the show BEFORE dinner.

Lisa - Looks like I'm good to go. Thanks!

HI - could one or both of you discuss movie and TV options?

Having enjoyed Movies under the Stars on Princess in the past (at night..no flames, please, I don't want my daytime poolside veging disturbed either) I am looking forward to seeing how the Legend does it.

Anything remotely current playing either there or on the TV?

Again, please no flames, I am not going on a cruise to watch TV, but I do like to use it to fall asleep.

Thanks in advance. I sail in March, so I don't imagine there will be any changes between now and them

Having enjoyed Movies under the Stars on Princess in the past (at night..no flames, please, I don't want my daytime poolside veging disturbed either) I am looking forward to seeing how the Legend does it.

Again, please no flames, I am not going on a cruise to watch TV, but I do like to use it to fall asleep.

Thanks in advance. I sail in March, so I don't imagine there will be any changes between now and them

No flaming from me...I am right there with you on this. I am looking forward to the movie screen by the pool again. The last time we had that was on the Freedom and we saw both movies and sports on it. I will add your question to my laptop, and make notes of the movies and programming for you. :D

Lisa

I will be doing a Live Review from the Legend on the January 13th 11 day Southern Caribbean. I should start the thread on Friday and we set sail on Monday. If you have anything specific questions I would be happy to find out the answers for you. :D

Lisa

Looking forward to following your live review as we have never done a south Caribbean cruise. Have fun. :)

We got off the legend on jan 3rd... We were nervous about going on such a small ship and so many reviews I read were bad...we LOVED our cruise..two negatives were the shower curtain and the teen program (my kids said the teen program was way better on allure...the kids ended up doing most of what we did and they played a lot of putt-putt...they still had a fantastic time)

We have only done allure and oasis the last few years, but we were pleasantly surprised with the legend...so easy to find others on the ship...staff was very friendly...say hi to marina in park cafe (she is also the best waitress in chops)... Best chef table ever with chef rudi....loved our mtd waiter maher table 185... Vend the mtd bartender was great!

Be nice to Ivan (the host of mtd) and he will take care of you.

Also enjoyed Izumi very much!... My kids had so much fun doing the hot rock!

Ventriloquist and comedian were great!

Aerial show was awesome (sort of a mini version of blue planet)

Enjoy!

Just curious, what did you mean by that remark?

There were some good movies on the tv in the stateroom....I did watch the Steve jobs movie as well as a movie titled he's not that into you.

My kids seemed to have movies and tv that entertained them during their times they just wanted to chill in the room.

There were movies at the pool too, but we did not do that.

As far as the Ivan comment.....I think that lots of people are not nice to him, so being nice helps you get what you need, or at least sort of close....we had to be a little flexible, but everything worked out good.

My DH & I just did Legend over the holidays, so I can give a little bit of information: Over the holidays the movies were a bit hit and miss. They did have some of the Christmas movies by the pool. They did Wizard of Oz- the Old one! :) TV had TBS, CNN, Headline news. Couple of times it had movies too. You should be able to find something to fall asleep to. TV did shut off on it's onw- that was a nice surprise... Except we had an inside room so We liked to have the TV on with a bow cam... that didn't happen...;) TV was OK Similar to Princess. (We have cruised 7 times with Princess, 5 with Royal)

Most of the time Football was playing on the screen by the pool. Fine with me since I do love football... but not much in way of movies- not Like MUTS on Princess this cruise. (So yes, I missed that a bit)

We were on deck 6 no sewer smells there. Jackson was our room steward was excellent.

The friendliest shower curtains EVER were on this ship! I have heard people complain, but this time I had one that thought it was married to me... and it was REALLY clingy so if you have a way of taming it, bring it.

Great crew. Main Dining room some meals were fair.. Others were excellent. BUT the always available steak and salmon was ALWAYS very good.

Entertainment: loved the aerial shows! we watched from deck 6 and then went to the very top and watched from Deck 9 REALLY neat perspective there.

Hope that helped!

Gabrielle

Many (most?) afternoons the big screen simply displayed an underwater scene with an RCL graphic.

As for Ivan, I greatly enjoyed both him and his brother Deyan (dee' on). Deyan was an superb waiter (actually assistant waiter, but the main waitress was typically mia). After a couple severe duds on the first night, we requested a different table and after an experience w/ Deyan, DW and I requested him each night.

GABRIELLE R. and anyone else - to tame a clingy shower curtain, you can put clip-on clothes pins onto the bottom of the curtain. They weigh it down enough so it doesn't "blow" in and "stick" to you. Even just one helps, but two would be better. (You can also use the type of clips people use to keep bags of potato chips or other snacks closed at home) One thing, though - I had to use one on another line's ship a few yrs. back and our steward kept removing it. I think I went through 3 of them. The last day or two I used a hair clip (claw style). Guess I should have made sure I spoke to the steward, but I thought surely he'd eventually realize that I WANTED the clip on there!

LISA, I hope you either meet someone at your M&M staying on deck 3 or else have an occassion to go there. We are on deck 3 and I REALLY do NOT want to be subjected to sewer-type smells! Our cabin is midship. Please report on your findings in that regard if you can.

Also, I would like to know the actual time they hold the muster drill on this ship.

Last question: Are ALL the shows for those with late dining at 7 p.m., or just some? We like going to the Diamond Lounge before our late dinner seating and also like having a show after dinner as it's something to do later on in the evening if we don't feel like doing anything else.

Edited by mlbcruiser

LISA, I hope you either meet someone at your M&M staying on deck 3 or else have an occassion to go there. We are on deck 3 and I REALLY do NOT want to be subjected to sewer-type smells! Our cabin is midship. Please report on your findings in that regard if you can.

Also, I would like to know the actual time they hold the muster drill on this ship.

Last question: Are ALL the shows for those with late dining at 7 p.m., or just some? We like going to the Diamond Lounge before our late dinner seating and also like having a show after dinner as it's something to do later on in the evening if we don't feel like doing anything else.

I like an adventure, so Walt and I will wander to deck 3 and sniff around. I have copied all of your questions to my master list and will find out for you. :D

Lisa

I like an adventure, so Walt and I will wander to deck 3 and sniff around. I have copied all of your questions to my master list and will find out for you. :D

Lisa

Lisa, as you know we are on this cruise with you. If you get any questions about the Diamond or Concierge Lounge, just ask me and I can find out for you so that you can post to your live review.

Celia....thanks for starting this thread. We'll be on Legend in April and, like you, are interested in hearing more about her after reading several not so complimentary reviews.

Lisa....I have a question about dining times for the MDR. In another review by 1stCarnivalcruiser this was posted....."Main Seating is listed in the Compass as 6:00 – 6:45 and Second Seating as 8:30 – 9:15". I'm curious is this means you can arrive between those times? This would be a change to the 6:00 and 8:00 start times but something that would work for us since we usually do a 2 top in MTD and many times have trouble getting in at 6:30-6:45.

Looking forward to your live review. Enjoy! :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Lisa, as you know we are on this cruise with you. If you get any questions about the Diamond or Concierge Lounge, just ask me and I can find out for you so that you can post to your live review.

Thanks! I figured y'all would help me out with those questions. :D

Lisa

Just wanted to say, "thank you" to everyone that has responded so far! I really do want to learn more and know that many of you who were on the Members Cruise could add here to their experiences.

Again, thanks to everyone for sharing info and RedHeadTexan for doing a "LIVE" report!

Keep the info coming........:D:D

Can you check and let me know how many outlets are in the room by the "desk". (Unless if someone already knows the answer to this question.) I usually just bring a 3 way plug to use. I finally got a battery operated clock (it keeps better time, and doesn't need to be plugged in!). Thanks so much!!

Can you check and let me know how many outlets are in the room by the "desk". (Unless if someone already knows the answer to this question.) I usually just bring a 3 way plug to use. I finally got a battery operated clock (it keeps better time, and doesn't need to be plugged in!). Thanks so much!!

There are two US 120V receptacles, and one Euro 240V receptacle by the desk.

We were on the Panama Canal Members Cruise, as well. We are in our early fifties and were joined by my parents. This was a good example of how two couples can be on the same cruise and walk away with different experiences which would result in contrasting reviews.

We all enjoyed the cruise and had a great vacation. I will hit a few points that will illustrate the differences for us. We both had inside cabins on deck two port side. Ours was about mid-ship and my parents were 15 cabins forward of us.

Our cabin was fine and we loved our attendant, Debbie. We made some simple requests such as ice daily and to keep the soap bars well supplied and she did everything nicely. We always had a short chat about the day when we ran into her in the hall.

My parents had a different attendant, a man, I don't know his name. Now my parents are experienced travelers. My mother is a retired travel agent for Pete's sake. But their communication skills are not what they used to be, and it was five days into the cruise when my Dad mentioned that he was upset that there is no ice. I asked him if he requested it and he was, like "Oh, is that what you do?" So he requested it and then he had ice daily. I found out toward the last day that they never received more soap bars. It hadn't occurred to them to ask. Luckily they had a bottle of soft soap I had given them on the first day.

They also had a problem with slow water pressure in the sink. My Dad did mention this on the first day to the attendant, and a hotel (not maintenance) guy came and hacked away at the diffuser thing on the faucet. It made more flow but sprayed down all over. He was not thrilled, but did not escalate it.

Lastly, regarding the rooms, on one afternoon there was a loud banging going on somewhere that was very loud in the forward area where their cabin was. I heard it when I was walking by. I found out later that that was the one afternoon my Dad tried to take a nap. It woke him up in fact. He said it went on for a couple of hours. He said he called guest services when it first started and they acted like he was nuts. Bottom line to this is that had he been up and on deck like most other afternoons, he never would have known about the banging, and overall cruise experience would be much different.

Otherwise we all had the same table in MDR and experienced the same service and food choices. Most meals good to very good, one or two duds. Service staff pretty good.

The entertainment in the main showroom was pretty good most nights, but my Dad always thought the music was way too loud.

My parents really enjoyed the two different combo bands that played in the Centrum each night, though.

So, "How was the cruise?" It all depends who you ask.

Celia....thanks for starting this thread. We'll be on Legend in April and, like you, are interested in hearing more about her after reading several not so complimentary reviews.

Lisa....I have a question about dining times for the MDR. In another review by 1stCarnivalcruiser this was posted....."Main Seating is listed in the Compass as 6:00 – 6:45 and Second Seating as 8:30 – 9:15". I'm curious is this means you can arrive between those times? This would be a change to the 6:00 and 8:00 start times but something that would work for us since we usually do a 2 top in MTD and many times have trouble getting in at 6:30-6:45.

Looking forward to your live review. Enjoy! :)

We are in MTD, but I will see if my friends in late dining can find out the answer for you.

Lisa

I will be doing a Live Review from the Legend on the January 13th 11 day Southern Caribbean. I should start the thread on Friday and we set sail on Monday. If you have anything specific questions I would be happy to find out the answers for you. :D

Lisa

Lisa, I would like to know the menu order on this cruise. I would like to decide what nights to eat in a specialty restaurant. Do they repeat any of the night menus on the 11 night cruise or are they all different? I would also like to know if there is a electrical outlet behind the bed. Thanks for doing the live thread.

Wendy

I was on the nov 25 it's was my worst. I gave my soap to attendant. I order some some gifts that I never got had to ask for a refund. Went I try to order the lobster I could only get one the waiter had to order it again had to wait 10 min. for the second one. It took 10 day before I meet the md it's only after I ask the head waiter about me. No refrigerator was in the room and I needed for some they had not given almost had to go Buy one in cabo but the room attendant put ice on it he save the day. They ran out of sour cream bananas and horseradish. This ship has many small problem. Every day it's something. Went The virus hit everyone had to serving by crew at the Windjammer.

Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by ads127