123 GO with online TA

güerejo

There's a BIG online TA out there that's offering additional perks to the 123 go promo. Essentially you get everything celebrity is offering PLUS a free upgrade to the premium drink package AND free gratuities AND $100 additional OBC. Has anyone booked this? Are there any catches?

I am wondering if they will let me transfer my reservations to them and give me the additional perks. I've left a message for them, so I'll let you know what happens. Seems like a great offer.

I just booked us on the Eclipse for next Christmas using this travel agency. To the best of my knowledge it was for new bookings only. Very good deal tho'....saved over $1000.00 per person plus got the other perks. Have wanted to try X for a long time and this was definitely time to do it!

I used them for my past cruise in November and have several booked for this year with them. Takes a long time for them to call back during a sale, but best perks I've found. Just be aware they do charge a cancellation fee.

That is a good deal! Can you give us a hint on which one it is? I used an online TA and got the classic drink pkg and gratuities included.

If it the same one as I am thinking, it may be a large cruise agent

Have used them before, no problems and for our UK bookers you can book flights from the UK with them, but not always the best prices. Do compare!

I'm on pins and needles. Gave them all my info yesterday but they were closed by the time I called back. They needed to look into it. Guess I'll find out on Monday. Only have 60 days to transfer to a TA and it's getting close!

That is a good deal! Can you give us a hint on which one it is? I used an online TA and got the classic drink pkg and gratuities included.

If you go to the page on here with the recommended travel agents, you'll see them. They've won top agent for a few years :)

The only "catches" are if it's the agency that charges a cancellation fee ($50/$100 per passenger) and if it's a group rate, the agency may want full payment earlier than celebrity (although it's subject to the celebrity dates/penalties even though you paid a little early. Other than those, there should be no problem.

Just checked their promos for a cruise I'm looking at next Feb for the Caribbean and seems like the upgrade to premium bev pkg is for bookings in Aquaclass and above (which isn't where we're looking to be) and the extra OBC is for Europe cruises. The cabin price quoted for a 1A (which I'm thinking of) is also a bit higher than booking thru Celebrity and it's quoted in US$ where my Celebrity prices are Cdn$ and lower since our $ is not doing so well right now. So, unless I"m reading the site incorrectly (entirely possible) it's not a great deal for everyone.

Just checked their promos for a cruise I'm looking at next Feb for the Caribbean and seems like the upgrade to premium bev pkg is for bookings in Aquaclass and above (which isn't where we're looking to be) and the extra OBC is for Europe cruises. The cabin price quoted for a 1A (which I'm thinking of) is also a bit higher than booking thru Celebrity and it's quoted in US$ where my Celebrity prices are Cdn$ and lower since our $ is not doing so well right now. So, unless I"m reading the site incorrectly (entirely possible) it's not a great deal for everyone.

I have noticed before that that the total cruise price with this agency is higher than Celebrity's prices.

There's a BIG online TA out there that's offering additional perks to the 123 go promo. Essentially you get everything celebrity is offering PLUS a free upgrade to the premium drink package AND free gratuities AND $100 additional OBC. Has anyone booked this? Are there any catches?

I am wondering if they will let me transfer my reservations to them and give me the additional perks. I've left a message for them, so I'll let you know what happens. Seems like a great offer.

Think you need to re-read the offer.

You have a choice in offers, not all.

Think you need to re-read the offer.

You have a choice in offers' date=' not all.[/quote']

Be one of the FIRST 500 to book an OCEANVIEW or higher

on one of the following

Celebrity Caribbean cruises and receive:

- Exclusive Sale Rates which can save you

between $ 150 - $ 2300 per cabin off the current cruise line rates

on many sailings

PLUS,

- A Complimentary Classic Beverage Package for TWO

from Celebrity

(A value of $ 264 for 3 nt.; $ 352 for 4 nt. cruise; $ 440 for 5 nt.;

$ 616 for 7 nt. cruise; $ 880 for 10 nt.; $ 968 for 11 nt.;

and $ 1232 for 14 nt. )

NOTE: Not interested in the Classic Beverage package?

You can trade it off for up to $ 300 Onboard Credit!

PLUS,

- Pre-Paid Gratuities

(A value of up to $ 90 for 3 nt.; $ 120 for 4 nt. cruise; $ 150 for 5 nt.;

$ 210 for 7 nt. cruise; $ 300 for 10 nt.; $ 330 for 11 nt.;

and $ 420 for 14 nt. )

PLUS,

- 3rd/4th passengers sharing the same cabin receive

A Complimentary Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

(In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.)

PLUS,

A 38 Minute internet package

PLUS,

Receive a Complimentary Upgrade to a Premium Beverage Package

for Aqua Class Balcony and Higher!

(A value of an additional $ 23 per day)

PLUS,

If you book early enough, you ALSO receive:

A very special gift (additional $100 OBC)

Cabin price discount depends on the cruise. I've received lower prices from that online TA then what Celebrity offered, but I've only booked in concierge or aqua class, so that may be where they have the discount cabins. You need to compare cabin prices before you book.

Be one of the

FIRST 500 to book:cool::cool::cool:

an OCEANVIEW or higher

on one of the following

Celebrity Caribbean cruises and receive:

- Exclusive Sale Rates which can save you

between $ 150 - $ 2300 per cabin off the current cruise line rates

on many sailings

PLUS,

- A Complimentary Classic Beverage Package for TWO

from Celebrity

(A value of $ 264 for 3 nt.; $ 352 for 4 nt. cruise; $ 440 for 5 nt.;

$ 616 for 7 nt. cruise; $ 880 for 10 nt.; $ 968 for 11 nt.;

and $ 1232 for 14 nt. )

NOTE: Not interested in the Classic Beverage package?

You can trade it off for up to $ 300 Onboard Credit!

PLUS,

- Pre-Paid Gratuities

(A value of up to $ 90 for 3 nt.; $ 120 for 4 nt. cruise; $ 150 for 5 nt.;

$ 210 for 7 nt. cruise; $ 300 for 10 nt.; $ 330 for 11 nt.;

and $ 420 for 14 nt. )

PLUS,

- 3rd/4th passengers sharing the same cabin receive

A Complimentary Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

PLUS,

A 38 Minute internet package

PLUS,

Receive a Complimentary Upgrade to a Premium Beverage Package

for Aqua Class Balcony and Higher!

(A value of an additional $ 23 per day)

PLUS,

If you book early enough, you ALSO receive:

A very special gift (additional $100 OBC)

I have looked at dozens upon dozens of cruise websites....NONE have a deal like this....:rolleyes::cool:

Book a Celebrity Cruises® vacation November 29, 2013 – February 28, 2014,

in an ocean view or higher stateroom and choose from three different offers.

Choose from one of the offers below and if you book a 2014 Europe sailing, you can choose TWO of the three offers:

FREE Beverage Package: Receive a Classic Beverage Packages for two, including spirits, valued at $88 per day

FREE Gratuities: Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30 per day

Onboard Credit: Receive $100 for 3-5 night sailings; $200 for 6-9 night sailings; or $300 or 10-night or longer sailings

Offer valid on any 3-night or longer cruise, that departs between February 2014 – March 2015. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic, and Transpacific cruises. Restrictions may apply; please see terms and conditions for complete details.

The catch is they charge a $100 per person rebooking fee. I booked a Celebrity Cruise for next May with them in October and was offered a Premium Beverage package and pre paid gratuities. Over Thanksgiving when I checked the same cabin went down $400 per person and included the Classic Beverage Package, pre paid gratuities and a $300 OBC, so I did rebook but had to pay $200 to save about $1,000.

I do not see the beverage package when I look at my reservation online so don't know yet how that shows up.

The catch is they charge a $100 per person rebooking fee. I booked a Celebrity Cruise for next May with them in October and was offered a Premium Beverage package and pre paid gratuities. Over Thanksgiving when I checked the same cabin went down $400 per person and included the Classic Beverage Package, pre paid gratuities and a $300 OBC, so I did rebook but had to pay $200 to save about $1,000.

I do not see the beverage package when I look at my reservation online so don't know yet how that shows up.

I got the same deal over Thanksgiving for a new booking. I see that the Classic Beverage Package was added to my reservation as prepaid, I just don't see the gratuities or OBC there. The booking info sent to me from the TA clearly states what I'll receive, so no worries here.

I think the Celebrity website is having issues though -- the status of my reservation has been "On hold, expires in 24 hours" since late November. The TA said that they got a lot of calls about that.

And yes, you need to be aware of the $100 cancellation fee...that is a potential gotcha. The cruise fare was a little cheaper with the online TA, but it was a little of a bait-and-switch where if you tried to book online, the website wouldn't finish the reservation and said to call them. When you do, the category on the website wasn't available for the promo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by TickledBlue

They are legitimate and I have used them, and have gotten some good deals, but now I will only use them if I am 100% going. $100pp cancellation fee is crazy, IMHO. $50 total is more reasonable. Customer service can be very slow. I have called the last few times and over 3 hrs later gotten call backs. When I first started using them 10 years ago, they were the best.

We now only use them if there is a super deal and we know we are going to take the cruise. We used to use them for all cruises until they charged me a cancellation fee...that ended my loyalty. They have a loyalty program as well, but that is really fouled up in my opinion..so it's caused more disloyalty than loyalty because of their t&c's.

Edited by ghstudio

I have noticed before that that the total cruise price with this agency is higher than Celebrity's prices.

It all depends on the requested cabin class. We just booked a 7 night Greek odyssey cruise with this TA and their price for a C3 cabin was over $400 less per person than Celebrity. In addition to the 123 Go perks which we got to choose 2 of since it was a European sailing, the TA threw in the only remaining perk. So we will get a C3 room for $800 less than celebrity plus $200 OBC, prepaid gratuities, and drink package which was upgraded from classic to premium 2 days after we booked.

I even called celebrity to see what they could do and was basically told nothing could be done because they don't price match. Funny story is celebrity rep emailed me the day after I booked and asked how they could help in my travel planning. I explained how much better off I was booking with the online TA that I couldn't even justify the cancellation fee.

I have used them before never had a problem. Have heard others that have but I think it really depends on your sales rep. I'm also a member of their loyalty program and have to say I'm not really sure of its purpose, it hasn't done anything for me yet. As others mentioned, just be sure to print that initial contract as that is the only confirmation you will receive of your TA provided perks.