Applying BofA points after final payment

SECdawg

I applied some visa points for a free cruise but it was after final payment. How long does is normally take for the credit card to get credited? The reservation shows the updated cost but the card has not been credited. Thanks.

I applied some visa points for a free cruise but it was after final payment. How long does is normally take for the credit card to get credited? The reservation shows the updated cost but the card has not been credited. Thanks.

Usually within a week or so. If it's been over two weeks, I'd call them.

We have use BofA points on cruises several times in the past. Every time the points had to be redeemed and credited against the cruise payment before final payment date. Any outstanding balance that would be owed by us, still had to be paid by the final payment date.

What you are describing doesn't make sense to me and as I have said, we have use BofA visa credits several times.

We have use BofA points on cruises several times in the past. Every time the points had to be redeemed and credited against the cruise payment before final payment date. Any outstanding balance that would be owed by us, still had to be paid by the final payment date.

What you are describing doesn't make sense to me and as I have said, we have use BofA visa credits several times.

We applied the points after final payment was made. The amount of credit we received is supposed to be credited back to the credit card. In the past we have used the points before final payment was due and they take the credit off the balance due as you described. This is the first time we have done it after final payment. When we booked final payment was due immediately.

Usually within a week or so. If it's been over two weeks, I'd call them.

Right on the money Bob. I guess if I had been a little more patient I would have had my answer. The credit was posted today on the credit card. It took 5 days from the time the reservation was adjusted to the time the card was credited.

Thanks for the info. It is good to know that one more time RCL is still not consistent with their rules.

I know that in the past you could submit a reward after final payment but the new program rules (under terms item #4) state now that the reward must be submitted PRIOR to final payment.:rolleyes:

I am really confused now as to which awards can be combined with balcony discount, and/or special rates.

4. Rewards may not be used either retroactively or to pay the cost of cruise vacation-related travel deposits. The Stateroom

Upgrade or Cruise Discount Reward will not be effective until after you have tendered final payment for the cruise vacation

arrangements and the issued Reward Redemption is electronically sent to Royal Caribbean International. Only electronic Reward

Redemptions will be accepted. Facsimiles or any other reproduced form of the Royal Reward Redemption will not be accepted. You

can redeem Rewards either directly with Royal Caribbean International or through your United States-based travel agency. When

redeeming these other Rewards through a travel agency, the Reward Redemption Confirmation Number must be presented directly

to the travel agent at the time you tender final payment for the cruise vacation and the Reward Redemption must be received

by Royal Caribbean Internationally no later than the final payment date. If you are booking directly through Royal Caribbean

International, you must redeem your Royal Reward prior to making your final payment for the cruise vacation. Royal Points

may be redeemed for a Royal Reward by logging into your account at RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline. Each Reward

Redemption expires one hundred and eighty (180) days from its date of issue.

Edited by molly361

Right on the money Bob. I guess if I had been a little more patient I would have had my answer. The credit was posted today on the credit card. It took 5 days from the time the reservation was adjusted to the time the card was credited.

Glad it worked out, and thanks for reporting back. It's nice to know that the redemption process is still the same.

Glad it worked out, and thanks for reporting back. It's nice to know that the redemption process is still the same.

Even though the rules supposedly changed. :rolleyes:

I was typing the same time as you. see above post:)

Even though the rules supposedly changed. :rolleyes:

I was typing the same time as you. see above post:)

I agree with you, it certainly seems that the rules now prohibit certain redemptions after final payment date.

I agree with you, it certainly seems that the rules now prohibit certain redemptions after final payment date.

I just wish they would stick with one set of rules. I called yesterday and asked about whether you could use a reward for $ off the cruise fare on a reservation with a balcony discount on it. The answer was YES.

I went back and looked at the new terms and it says that the cruise discount (money off the fare) is NOT combinable with any other C and A benefits:eek: WHAT!!!

Who do you believe?? Sorry just rambling:)

DISCOUNTS

A Reward Redemption for a Cruise Discount may not be combined with a Reward Redemption for a Cruise Vacation. Discounts are not combinable with promotional coupons and/or other Crown & Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage discounts and benefits. Discounts are not applicable on new ships during their first 13 months in operation, also known as, their ‘Inaugural Season".

Thanks for the info. It is good to know that one more time RCL is still not consistent with their rules.

I know that in the past you could submit a reward after final payment but the new program rules (under terms item #4) state now that the reward must be submitted PRIOR to final payment.:rolleyes:

I am really confused now as to which awards can be combined with balcony discount, and/or special rates.

4. Rewards may not be used either retroactively or to pay the cost of cruise vacation-related travel deposits. The Stateroom

Upgrade or Cruise Discount Reward will not be effective until after you have tendered final payment for the cruise vacation

arrangements and the issued Reward Redemption is electronically sent to Royal Caribbean International. Only electronic Reward

Redemptions will be accepted. Facsimiles or any other reproduced form of the Royal Reward Redemption will not be accepted. You

can redeem Rewards either directly with Royal Caribbean International or through your United States-based travel agency. When

redeeming these other Rewards through a travel agency, the Reward Redemption Confirmation Number must be presented directly

to the travel agent at the time you tender final payment for the cruise vacation and the Reward Redemption must be received

by Royal Caribbean Internationally no later than the final payment date. If you are booking directly through Royal Caribbean

International, you must redeem your Royal Reward prior to making your final payment for the cruise vacation. Royal Points

may be redeemed for a Royal Reward by logging into your account at RoyalCaribbean.com/RoyalRewardsOnline. Each Reward

Redemption expires one hundred and eighty (180) days from its date of issue.

There must be a waiver to this if you are booking after final payment was due. There would be no way to submit the electronic redemption without a reservation number. Not sure how to view this rule when it comes to booking after final payment. Either way, they did reimburse me this time.

There must be a waiver to this if you are booking after final payment was due. There would be no way to submit the electronic redemption without a reservation number. Not sure how to view this rule when it comes to booking after final payment. Either way, they did reimburse me this time.

That's good. I am sure they must have waivers for a lot of things. Most folks don't know or have access to the program rules and would not even think that an award would have all kinds of stipulations. Most would just go online and redeem the points.

And just fYI they also told me that you can redeem an award without a reservation. In the fields asking for the reservation number they told me to put in N/A. Then you would have 180 days to apply it against a booking. PS I am not sure I would trust that method however.

Edited by molly361

• 1 month later...