Concierge room. Is it worth it?

gwb2004

We just booked our first Disney cruise. We went with the concierge room. Any recommendations on if it was worth it.

Booked it for the early entry on ship and hopes of better seats for dinner

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

"Worth it" is always a personal issue. A concierge suite costs 2-3 times as much as a regular cabin. For that, you will have the CMs bowing and scraping to you every need and most of your desires. You'll get a litho, extra toiletries, every reservation you want, photos delivered to your cabin to review, robes and slippers, beverages, your choice of dining rotations/seatings, priority check in and boarding, and a gold mickey KTTW as a souvenier. Depending on category, you can have MDR/Palo meals served in your suite. Your cabin will be ready before the rest of us and you can drop your carry ons with the concierge who will guard them for you.

On the new ships, you'll have the concierge lounge and sun deck with complimentary beverages and snacks.

Would you rather have the perks or 2-3 cruises? Or something else for the extra cost? Sorry, for me, another cruise means more than the perks.

It's for our Daughters surprise birthday. I was lucky it was only another 600 from the room we where going to book. This will be out first dcl cruise. Just hit of royal liberty. Always wanted to try a Disney looking forward to it. Anything we should def do in your opinion. And don't hey have liquor packages like royal dose?

It's the intangibles that make it "worth it" for us. Not having to wait in line to board, take care of tops, your folio at the end of the cruise, photos. The extras like having a full hot breakfast brought to our suite every morning, the guarantee of getting a cabana, Palo and Remy, shore excursions we want, the spa times we want, etc.

Add in the little things like a DVD player and movies to borrow, a nice stereo system, lot's of extra space, a jetted tub, upgraded amenities such as toiletries and bedding, the list goes on.

I guess it comes down to. Any things. If you are the type who will use the room to sleep and shower, maybe, maybe not. If it will break the budget, then no way. If it fits your travel budget and you don't mind paying for intangibles, then yes!

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

It's for our Daughters surprise birthday. I was lucky it was only another 600 from the room we where going to book. This will be out first dcl cruise. Just hit of royal liberty. Always wanted to try a Disney looking forward to it. Anything we should def do in your opinion. And don't hey have liquor packages like royal dose?

You don't need a liquor package, you can actually bring on board all the liquor, wine, and beer you would like.

The mini fridge in your room will be stocked with soda and bottled water, wine and beer plus some cocktails are available in the concierge lounge on the new ships at no charge.

It's the intangibles that make it "worth it" for us. Not having to wait in line to board, take care of tops, your folio at the end of the cruise, photos. The extras like having a full hot breakfast brought to our suite every morning, the guarantee of getting a cabana, Palo and Remy, shore excursions we want, the spa times we want, etc.

Add in the little things like a DVD player and movies to borrow, a nice stereo system, lot's of extra space, a jetted tub, upgraded amenities such as toiletries and bedding, the list goes on.

I guess it comes down to. Any things. If you are the type who will use the room to sleep and shower, maybe, maybe not. If it will break the budget, then no way. If it fits your travel budget and you don't mind paying for intangibles, then yes!

Thank you! Looking forward to being spoiled. Like the idea of having joy breakfast delivered to the room as the wife dose not eat breakfast. I would much rather eat it on the balcony with some vodka and oj and enjoy the view

You don't need a liquor package, you can actually bring on board all the liquor, wine, and beer you would like.

The mini fridge in your room will be stocked with soda and bottled water, wine and beer plus some cocktails are available in the concierge lounge on the new ships at no charge.

Do you have to pay for what's in the min fridge? Bring alcohol on board would save me a lot of money.

Do you have to pay for what's in the min fridge? Bring alcohol on board would save me a lot of money.

No, it's free and replenished daily.

Is that all concierge room. Or just the one bedroom and above

Unfortunately I don't have an answer as we've only stayed in the 1BR's.

Thank you. Sounds good. I was thinking of upgrading to the one bedroom. Do you think it's smart to do it now. Or wait and see if they hVe a upgrade special later on down the road.

Is that all concierge room. Or just the one bedroom and above.....

Auto replenish is some what sporadic. You may ask for what you want, and they will hand it to you, or will say they will replenish.

Or you can always just steal it from the lounge and self replenish. ;)

Enjoy

Auto replenish is some what sporadic. You may ask for what you want, and they will hand it to you, or will say they will replenish.

Or you can always just steal it from the lounge and self replenish. ;)

Enjoy

Like your thinking lol.

.... I was thinking of upgrading to the one bedroom. Do you think it's smart to do it now. Or wait and see if they hVe a upgrade special later on down the road. ....

If it is a 3 day there may be upgrades. If longer unlikely IMO.

How many nights and what month?

I would do it now. There are very rarely specials on concierge rooms, and they generally sell out in advance.

Thank you. Will look into it tomorrow. While I should be working lol. :)

December 8th. 4nights ....

I would also upgrade now regardless of cat. It's only another 600 for the T. lol (well for 2 pax)

Dec 1, has no CL left. It's only $. But some say once CL, always CL. So this could cost a lot over the decades. lol. So be careful. :p

Of course, there is a whole other group of folks who have the opposite opinion of CL.

Enjoy

I would also upgrade now regardless of cat. It's only another 600 for the T. lol (well for 2 pax)

Dec 1, has no CL left. It's only $. But some say once CL, always CL. So this could cost a lot over the decades. lol. So be careful. :p

Of course, there is a whole other group of folks who have the opposite opinion of CL.

Enjoy

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The kids and wife will always want cl after this lol. Time will tell thought. Do they allow u to upgrade once booked in cl. Is is it that u can't chancel once your booked

The cat T isn't showing now. :eek:

These cat V's and T's are on two levels. Are you aware of the differences? Deck 11 balconies are more enclosed, yet protected, and 3 feet deeper. Lounge is on 12 though. Have you seen this image?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/458bddbe.jpg

HTH

Edited by bear3412

Yes, you can upgrade with no penalty (they will always take more money!) Another vote for doing it now--the suite you want may not be available later.

Beverages--you can get whatever you want in the concierge lounge. As noted, refills of the fridge sometimes happen, sometimes not. Just ask and they will send it to you/hand it to you.

There are wine packages available on board, but I wouldn't bother with them if you are in a concierge suite. Get what you want from the lounge!

And, as noted, it is the intangibles that make concierge special. But it WILL spoil you for a "regular" cabin.

You can upgrade if booked CL. You can move the date if you are outside the PIF date(90 or 120 days ?) w/o penalty/fee. You will just never see your deposit again. You can apply it to another sailing in any cat, or downgrade a CL ressie to non CL prior to the PIF date.

Hope that makes sense.

The cat T isn't showing now. :eek:

These cat V's and T's are on two levels. Are you aware of the differences? Deck 11 balconies are more enclosed, yet protected, and and 3 feet deeper. Lounge is on 12 though. Have you seen this image?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/458bddbe.jpg

HTH

Did not know the differences. We have a room on the 12th room 12528 cad v

Was thinking of the one bedroom after I booked.