Live update from the Summit, Jan 4th sailing

A Sixth?

Glad you are enjoying the Summit. In the different strokes for different folks department,

although we loved the Summit, the highlight of our cruise was the itinerary.

We can't wait to take another Southern Caribbean cruise perhaps the "other" Summit option.

Enjoy the weather. The temperature is supposed to be warming up here tomorrow. Your timing is impeccable .:)

Thanks for the updates! We will be boarding tomorrow- just as you finish your cruise! Just wondering- when you boarded at 11 am were you able to get into your room right away?

If anyone else knows the answer - feel free to chime in!

It's possible...

Last cruise, we board around 11 and had our cabin at 13h30 but previous cruise we had our cabin right away....

To all, we are nearing the end of part one as this is a B2B for us.

Finally did something in port and took the ferry to St John on on own.

More updates in a new thread soon.

Thanks for the review...tell Joni hi from me too:)

Very strange about the lack of ice. That's not acceptable to me at all. Is that an example of Modern Luxury??

Haven't been on this particular ship, but on Equinox in Nov and Dec there was an ice bucket in the room. Asked steward to fill in morning and night and was always taken care of. Just ask if there isn't one

Thanks for the updates! We will be boarding tomorrow- just as you finish your cruise! Just wondering- when you boarded at 11 am were you able to get into your room right away?

If anyone else knows the answer - feel free to chime in!

Rooms are not ready until somewhere between 1-3. Find a place to relax and chill while you wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Going on Summit in April so looking forward to the pics. We love cruising out of San Juan and the Southern Itin so the ship is not nearly as important as the itin for us. But since we did a B2B on Jewel last year, decided to give Summit a try this year. Plus the fact that is was less than Jewel and throw in the free Classic package, it was pretty much a no brainer on which ship we would take this year.

Hi again

We're home now, after a okay disembarkation, the line for customs was the only problem as it lasted until almost 10:30am (we were amongst the last dozen in line)

A few pics and a summary to come.

We booked an S-1 on the Summit for next February while on the Equinox this week. Can you tell me anything about the cabin? We are in 6132 and was hoping to get info on these cabins and your thoughts. We were in a mid-ship S-1 on the Millie a few years ago and this one on the Summit is further aft on Deck 6. Thanks for your reviews.

We booked an S-1 on the Summit for next February while on the Equinox this week. Can you tell me anything about the cabin? We are in 6132 and was hoping to get info on these cabins and your thoughts. We were in a mid-ship S-1 on the Millie a few years ago and this one on the Summit is further aft on Deck 6. .......
It is a nice sky suite with a large angled balcony in a good location on the penthouse deck, close to the aft elevators and stairs.

The main objection that has been raised previously is that much of the balcony is not private and others can see you out there. I don't see why that would be a problem for most passengers, but guess it depends on what you plan to do out there. ;)

Ozark74 posted some photos of 6132 from 2011.

Summit 6132

Even though the decor may have changed, these should still give you a good idea of what to expect.

It is a nice sky suite with a large angled balcony in a good location on the penthouse deck, close to the aft elevators and stairs.

The main objection that has been raised previously is that much of the balcony is not private and others can see you out there. I don't see why that would be a problem for most passengers, but guess it depends on what you plan to do out there. ;)

Ozark74 posted some photos of 6132 from 2011.

Summit 6132

Even though the decor may have changed, these should still give you a good idea of what to expect.

I checked the pics and it looks nice. As for the balcony, not a problem:D. Thanks for posting this.

• 2 months later...