NCL Questionnaire

Azafran

What is this all about? We don't fit their profile therefore they are not interested in our views or opinions.

NCL sent us an email questionnaire an hour ago to ask our opinion and get feedback regarding the recent cruise on NCL Spirit that we disembarked from in Malaga on 4th Jan 2014. Whilst onboard we asked the reception desk for a questionnaire because we thought we had some positive input to make the whole experience better.

We were told that we would get an email asking for our input and as promised it did arrive. After completing a few pages that simply asked our cruise history and 'tick-boxes' for the various cruise companies we have used in the past, a message popped up saying we did not fit their profile for the type of passenger they wanted feedback from. That was it, we were then booted out.

Being suspicious, does this mean they only want feedback from passengers that have been travelling with NCL for many years? Obviously the feedback would be weighted in favour of NCL and the results would look better for the shareholders? Either way, our input seems to have been censored. Would be interested if anyone else has had this experience.

Any market research company needs to get data from a wide variety sampling of people/backgrounds/ages/genders/nationalities, etc. Based on the initial screening questions, you must have hit an area in which they already had a large enough sample. If you have specific things you want to say, it would probably be better to send a message to NCL customer service. Quite often questionnaires are looking for experiences regarding something specific, and not general praise.

I wouldn't take it personally. They are looking for a representative sample of passengers on your cruise to answer the questionnaire, and apparently they already have enough people with profiles similar to yours for this particular survey. I don't think they actually send the questionnaire to all 2000+ passengers of every cruise and encourage them all send it back. They may send it to a lot of people, but then they use the first few questions to determine if they need the person to complete the whole thing. I really don't think there is any "censorship" in your case, it sounds to me like standard survey protocol.

That said, they should definitely provide an easy way for people who actively want to give input to do so, and it sounds like they are failing to do this. Maybe go to the contact area of the NCL website and see if there's anything there, or call/e-mail them. If you are very very brave, you could also post your review here… :D

I got the same survey and got to say that it was my first NCL cruise and that I had sailed on Carnival and RCI. The next screen after that was the one saying thanks but no thanks. :)

I got it too. I have sailed NCL many times and two other cruise lines and got to finish the whole thing. Maybe they wanted opinions from those more experienced with NCL to rate the product with previous NCL cruises. ???

Edited by medicalma'am

I finished the whole post-cruise questionnaire, and there was only one place to make any suggestions or recommendation... and it was supposed to be on only ONE aspect! The question was:

WHAT ONE AREA COULD NCL IMPROVE ON?

Really! I put an AND in mine! I'm pretty much a cheerleader; enjoyed my cruise 99%, but if they want to improve they shouldn't be restricted in their questioning.

I received the same message. I know it shouldn't be taken personally. However when I first sailed with NCL the survey was in paper, then they went to electronic survey's, now they have heard enough of my comments. I'd rather get the survey in paper rather than a message that your opinion isn't needed at this time. I guess its better to let your opinion known on board they might not want it afterwards. :(

I have received this questionnaire after every NCL cruise...and I have always completed it to the end.

I have sailed with NCL, RC and Carnival...so I don't think that's a factor.

What I think is the determining factor is the question that ask your "profession". One of those categories makes or breaks if you get to finish it to the end IMO.

I'm in the medical field and that's one of the check off boxes on there. :)

I have received this questionnaire after every NCL cruise...and I have always completed it to the end.

I have sailed with NCL, RC and Carnival...so I don't think that's a factor.

What I think is the determining factor is the question that ask your "profession". One of those categories makes or breaks if you get to finish it to the end IMO.

I'm in the medical field and that's one of the check off boxes on there. :)

We didn't get that far as to the question 'what profession' we were booted out after we answered who we had cruised with before and how many times. So I don't think profession has anything to do with it.

Also we sent an email to UK guest services as suggested in their email with the questionnaire and todate we still have not rec'd a reply from them also!

Thank you to all of you that participated in our post-cruise survey! We value the opinions of our guests, and use your feedback to continue to improve the Norwegian cruise experience. We have a mix of cruisers onboard and we strive to get the correct balance of responses from guests so that we have an accurate representation of our cruiser mix (as some of the posts on this thread pointed out). However, feedback from all guests is valuable. As a results of these posts, we will change some of our quotas to allow more guests to provide feedback moving forward. Thanks for your feedback!

Norwegian Cruise Line Market Research Team

Thank you to all of you that participated in our post-cruise survey! We value the opinions of our guests, and use your feedback to continue to improve the Norwegian cruise experience. We have a mix of cruisers onboard and we strive to get the correct balance of responses from guests so that we have an accurate representation of our cruiser mix (as some of the posts on this thread pointed out). However, feedback from all guests is valuable. As a results of these posts, we will change some of our quotas to allow more guests to provide feedback moving forward. Thanks for your feedback!

Thank you NCL for addressing this!

Thank you I just received an email about this. I am glad they do value our opinions after all!:)

Quote from email:

"We know you recently started the post-cruise survey but were not able to complete it. We've made some changes recently to the survey to allow more guests to provide their feedback. We encourage you to complete the survey now, as feedback from all guests is very important to us."