Help! Did I receive a spam cruise in the mail?

enj2012

Hi

No harm in contacting RCI direct as they would certainly know of the existance of any competition and better to check with them, than really be scammed. Usually if it's a scam there will be an instruction to call a premium rate number to claim your prize which puts money in the fraudsters pocket. A bonefide competition win should not include this requirement. Hoping you have won something.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

When I got home today in my mail was this post card saying my husband has won a RC 8 day cruise for 2. I'm kind of skeptical on it and didn't want to call if its crap. Please help! [ATTACH]297839[/ATTACH]

It also likely isn't an RCI cruise. Call RCI (not any number on the card) and ask them to be sure: 866-562-7625

It also likely isn't an RCI cruise. Call RCI (not any number on the card) and ask them to be sure: 866-562-7625

Thanks for the phone number. I will call them in the morning.

Thank you to all who responded

Most likely a scam. They say you've won a cruise and then when you call you have to pay port fees and taxes UP FRONT. That doesn't sound too bad until they tell you that you need to give them three dates you can go. Oh, darn! Nothing available on anything during that time unless you upgrade and end up paying list price for the whole thing. If you don't pay for the upgrade and let the time lapse (you have a year to take the cruise) then they keep the taxes and port fees.

DH won a three day cruise in a charity auction we attended and that turned out to be the scam. Actually, I should thank them because DH then promised me a cruise and that's what got us on our first RCI FOS!