Is Cabin by Elevator Noisy?

eeyore81

Does anyone have experience with a cabin by the elevator/stairs. We are looking at Cabin C711 on Crown Princess. Wondering if the noise will be a problem.

Thanks!

Unless your cabin shares a wall with an elevator shaft you will be fine.

Princess cabins are very soundproof. :)

C711 does share a wall with an elevator shaft....would make me nervous :confused:

We have had cabins across the hall and never any issues, but never "backed-up" against one....

I would avoid a cabin sharing a wall with the elevator shaft. It's been reported here that if the ship is rocking and rolling, that you can hear the elevators banging. That would bother me.

I have had balcony cabins across the entrance to the elevator bank and had no problem as others are reporting. However if you have a cabin that shares a wall with the elevator shaft under heavy rocking, you may hear the elevator cables banging against the side depending on which floor the car currently is located.

We have chosen the Caribe deck cabin adjoining the "glass" elevator on quite a few cruises lately and only once have we heard any noise from the elevator cables. It was heavy seas, but the sound was minimal. We have much more of an issue with noisy neighbors who SLAM their door when coming and going instead of HOLDING the door and quietly closing it. Not sure why people think no one can hear that slamming door, but apparently it's not a problem with them. The walls even shake!