World Cruise Blogs

Cruise NH

Is anyone aware of any blogs for the world cruises? Hopefully someone is doing one.

I love to hear about these trips. We've booked a QV segment for 2015 ourselves so we're really interested in hearing about this years' adventures on any of the voyages.

Thanks.

I'm not aware of anyone doing one for the QV world voyage but someone is doing one for the QE. Go to their roll call and around post #1600, there's a link to it. Sorry, I don't know how to directly link you to that post.

Don

There are four that I am following:

http://kathisworldvoyage.blogspot.com (She'll be leaving on the QE's world cruise on Friday and has a few posts already).

http://www.amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com ( A man who goes on Holland America's Amsterdam yearly).

In the Holland America forum here on CC look for these two:

"John and Diane Are At It Again" - - by Johnny B

"Enjoy the Treasures of the World with Bill and Mary Ann on the 2014 World Cruise" - - by WCB

Thanks, those are great. I prefer the ones who are doing a straight on blog rather then posts to cruise critic. The cruise critic ones are too full of posts of other people just giving their best wishes, etc. (not that there's anything wrong with that). But you have to wade through a lot of unrelated stuff to get to the good posts.

dcoy - the one you mentioned is the first listed by oahucruiser.

I didn't care if the posts were from the QV or not, I just want to hear what other people do on these trips.

Thanks again.

FWIW, it's not truly a world cruise but does include segments of 2 world cruises as well as one regular cruise -- Bali-Singapore-Cape Town-Florida.

My blog is here (I leave home 2/24):

http://wcmedley2014.wordpress.com/

I did a segment of the QV world cruise in 2010, and expect you will have a wonderful time.

Roy

FWIW, it's not truly a world cruise but does include segments of 2 world cruises as well as one regular cruise -- Bali-Singapore-Cape Town-Florida.

My blog is here (I leave home 2/24):

http://wcmedley2014.wordpress.com/

I did a segment of the QV world cruise in 2010, and expect you will have a wonderful time.

Roy

WOW, what an adventure. I'm looking forward to reading about it. thanks.

I just wanted to add something I figured out...but should have already known..

when someone is 'blogging' by posting on cruise critic such as john and diane named above it's easy to read just their posts without going page by page.

Just click on 'Search this Forum' and then click on 'Advanced Search'. Once there you can put in the screen name of the people you want to read, in the case of john and diane it's 'Johnny B' and then you only get their posts.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time in 4 years that I haven't been onboard the QM2 for a segment of the World Cruise. To be honest, was a bit disappointed last year. Went from Sydney to Cape Town and thought that things has slipped a bit...particularly on the Australian leg of the journey. The company had sold very short segments (from Sydney to Melbourne, from Melbourne to Perth, etc) and it seemed to affect not only the caliber of the passengers, but also the attitude of the crew onboard. When I talked to the Captain about this, he acknowledged that it was purely a financial decision on the part of the company -- they needed to fill up those staterooms any way that they could. IMHO, it felt a little bit like a "booze cruise" to Mexico...

Anyway, this year I decided to stay home instead and work on getting my novel published!

This is the first time in 4 years that I haven't been onboard the QM2 for a segment of the World Cruise. To be honest, was a bit disappointed last year. Went from Sydney to Cape Town and thought that things has slipped a bit...particularly on the Australian leg of the journey. The company had sold very short segments (from Sydney to Melbourne, from Melbourne to Perth, etc) and it seemed to affect not only the caliber of the passengers, but also the attitude of the crew onboard. When I talked to the Captain about this, he acknowledged that it was purely a financial decision on the part of the company -- they needed to fill up those staterooms any way that they could. IMHO, it felt a little bit like a "booze cruise" to Mexico...

Anyway, this year I decided to stay home instead and work on getting my novel published!

I was on one of those short sector cruises in Australia in 2012 and I am sorry that you felt passengers like myself and others, lowered the tone of the ship. As you weren't doing the full WC I wonder if other full World Cruise people thought the same of you?:rolleyes:

It was hardly a booze cruise. The crew were delightful and very nice to me.

And you need to know, those sector cruises are quite expensive and probably provide the profits for the WC to be conducted.

Edited by Pushka

I was on one of those short sector cruises in Australia in 2012 and I am sorry that you felt passengers like myself and others, lowered the tone of the ship. As you weren't doing the full WC I wonder if other full World Cruise people thought the same of you?:rolleyes:

It was hardly a booze cruise. The crew were delightful and very nice to me.

And you need to know, those sector cruises are quite expensive and probably provide the profits for the WC to be conducted.

I didn't mean to offend you...and actually, I was talking about the 2013 World Cruise, not the 2012 cruise that you were on. Perhaps, "caliber" was the wrong term to use, since I was referring to the behavior of some of the passengers. Specifically, there were quite a few aboard who chose not to observe the dress code and there was some loud and drunken behavior that I witnessed, which is not what one expects on the World Cruise. Perhaps, it was unique to this particular voyage, but having been on more than 16 voyages with Cunard, it was certainly something that I wasn't used to.