FCC Question

trbarton

I'm booked on a May 23rd cruise on the Star to Alaska. I contacted my T/A to add someone to my reservation and wanted to be able to use there FCC as a deposit but was told that the FCC can't be used on an existing reservation. Anybody had any experience with this? What if I have my T/A re-book my cruise, assuming that I can keep my same cabin so that I can use both of ours FCC?

Thanks!

Tom:)

I'm booked on a May 23rd cruise on the Star to Alaska. I contacted my T/A to add someone to my reservation and wanted to be able to use there FCC as a deposit but was told that the FCC can't be used on an existing reservation. Anybody had any experience with this? What if I have my T/A re-book my cruise, assuming that I can keep my same cabin so that I can use both of ours FCC?

Thanks!

Tom:)

i reread the question does your friend have an FCC, if they have you might have to cancel out and rebook and hope

you get your cabin back

Edited by rkmw

Before canceling, be sure that there are no cancellation fees or that they are less than the savings.

Check the current price if they have gone up you will be re-booking at a higher price.

Right. If you re-book, which you would have to do to use your friend's FCC, you would be booked at whatever the current fare is, not the fare at the time of your booking. Some TA's are having a $100 deposit promotion this week. You might ask your TA if they will be or if they will give you a $100 deposit.

This makes no sense to me.

If this is a 2nd person in the cabin and this person has an FCC in his/her name, I do not see why it cannot be applied without any need to cancel the existing booking since this is an additional person being added to the booking. The rule about not using an FCC on an existing booking is for a person already on that booking.

However if this is a 3rd or 4th person for a cabin, then an FCC would not be able to be applied in any circumstance.

As I understand the rules, a FCC can only be used when booking a new cabin/reservation. Since the OP has already booked the cabin, it is now an existing reservation. I would not expect they will allow you to use it for an additional pax. It sounds like the T/A is correct and since they deal with this every day the chances they are wrong is not good. FCCs are great but they do have a few strings attached. If in doubt call Princess and ask them.

Edited by satxdiver