Can you buy bottles of liquor for your room?

I would love to have a bottle of vodka to make drinks in my room. I'm staying in a suite. Is this allowed on Oasis of the Sea?

No, Royal does not allow bottles of hard liquor in staterooms. If you purchase hard liquor on the ship, they will keep the bottle until you disembark.

Edited by clarea

You cannot purchase them for your room, but I will say, the new drink packages are well worth the $$ if you plan to have several drinks per day. I had the premium package on FOS in November, and it was great. You can bring one bottle of wine per person at embarkation also. You will enjoy Allure! :D:D

You cannot purchase them for your room, but I will say, the new drink packages are well worth the $$ if you plan to have several drinks per day. I had the premium package on FOS in November, and it was great. You can bring one bottle of wine per person at embarkation also. You will enjoy Allure! :D:D

It's actually 2 bottles per cabin.

Onboard Policies

Print This Page

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

You can not purchase for use in your cabin, as they will not let you bring it to your cabin. Also, the rules say you can not bring it on board...but everybody has gone over the speed limit, right? I have been known to pack a bottle in my luggage, purchase a coke for mixer or even lemonade. (Lemon vodka and lemonade is good).

Also, the rules say you can not bring it on board...but everybody has gone over the speed limit, right?...

Sorry but what is that supposed to mean? That everybody smuggles alcohol? We have never done so and will never do so.

OP, you have your answer - what you are asking about is not permitted. Whether or not you adhere to the rules is up to you.

Sorry but what is that supposed to mean? That everybody smuggles alcohol? We have never done so and will never do so.

OP, you have your answer - what you are asking about is not permitted. Whether or not you adhere to the rules is up to you.

No, not everyone tries to smuggle alcohol onboard. Just those who haven't got caught. Yet.

Please forgive me for not being clear on the wine policy, as several of the CC/RCI police have pointed out.

Also, as those same people have so eloquently pointed out that they would never break a rule, there are many clever ways to take said Vodka on the ship if you feel so inclined, just dont let the self-proclaimed CC/RCI police chiefs find out!! based on my previous post, there are many ways to take some with you, just go to youtube and search it. I don't take it now, because I purchase the package, but I have taken it several times in the past with 100% success. just remember the wine policy...hint, hint..... Have fun on the cruise. :D:D

You won't get a ticket for trying to bring alcohol on a cruise , but you might if you speed. Lol

I would just go with the package personally. I've done it and it's worth it to me.

I have been on 25 to 30 cruises on various cruise lines. I have ALWAYS put a bottle of Scotch in my checked baggage and it has ALWAYS arrived untouched. I even leave it out in plain sight in the cabin and it has never been a problem. The reason I am writing this now is because I have decided that my cruising days are over, so there would be no repercussions if someone is reading this post.

When bringing wine on board at the beginning of the cruise, does it have to be in a carry on bag or can it be packed in a suitcase?

Royal makes no mention of how the wine is to be brought on board, it's up to you. However, bringing wine in a suitcase can cause a delay in getting your suitcase delivered to your stateroom. During the scanning process they may see the wine bottle and hold the suitcase in the security area until you come down and open it for them.