Thomson Staff - please read

Don't know if this is good news or bad :rolleyes:

I asked the person on facebook who is delayed at the airport in Barbados about the food and she said " I was happy with the food Linda, I'm not sure if everyone would agree!"

So will have to wait until she gets back :rolleyes:

How many of the people who go on Thomson cruises actually read these reviews or comments. I know many who don't, in fact most of the people I know personally are not aware of this or the FB sites. Thomson are only going to be concerned when it hits the National Press or TV and reaches their future clients.

I have mentioned the bad reviews to 2 Travel Agencies and they deny any knowledge of them. I guess they are too busy to read them. Or....? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree Jakanne1, probably the majority of guests onboard do not know about is site, or it could be that they just cant be bothered or dont wish to add their comments. I would also hazard a guess that most of the New Year cruisers were first timers to the good ship Celebration.

My member review was based and comapred to the quality of service, food, etc received last NY on the Red Sea.

I work hard and save for annual holidays for which at NY etc - one pays a premium price, which is ok, however, with each passing year I am getting less tolerant at being taken for a mug ! After all, When compared to other cruise line prices - Thompsons are not exactly cheap, are they.

Found this on FB site so they have responded, this is a recent posting

Stevie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:cool:

I was speaking with a friend the other day and we were talking about his recent cruise to the Caribbean on the Thomson Dream. As we are taking a similar trip on the Dream I naturally asked some searching questions? One in particular was about the food, he told me the food they had was very poor quality and he thought Thomson's were penny pinching! This is not the 1st time I heard bad reports about the food on board the Dream. I would welcome any comments please!

<LI class="UFIRow UFIComment display UFIFirstComment UFILastComment UFIFirstCommentComponent UFIFeaturedComment" data-ft='{"tn":"R"}' data-reactid=".r[x].[1][3][1]{comment482537848521964_2624054}[0]">1075961_282600341849050_1014266715_q.jpg

Thomson Cruises Hi Stuart, I've looked at your concerns and contacted our cruise team for you. As soon as I've had a response we'll be in touch. When are you due to sail on Dream? ^Adam

Like · Reply · 21 hours ago

• Hi Adam, thank for getting back to me: we fly out of Manchester 6 April 2014 TOM108 - Barbados. I'm really looking for a little bit of reassurance. The hotel element of the trip, Oceans Two Barbados, looks and sounds fantastic, it's just the cruise part we're a little concerned about! We've cruised quite a few times, RCCL, P&O, Princess, this will be our first trip with Thomson

Found this on FB site so they have responded, this is a recent posting

Stevie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:cool:

I was speaking with a friend the other day and we were talking about his recent cruise to the Caribbean on the Thomson Dream. As we are taking a similar trip on the Dream I naturally asked some searching questions? One in particular was about the food, he told me the food they had was very poor quality and he thought Thomson's were penny pinching! This is not the 1st time I heard bad reports about the food on board the Dream. I would welcome any comments please!

<LI class="UFIRow UFIComment display UFIFirstComment UFILastComment UFIFirstCommentComponent UFIFeaturedComment" data-ft='{"tn":"R"}' data-reactid=".r[x].[1][3][1]{comment482537848521964_2624054}[0]">1075961_282600341849050_1014266715_q.jpg

Thomson Cruises Hi Stuart, I've looked at your concerns and contacted our cruise team for you. As soon as I've had a response we'll be in touch. When are you due to sail on Dream? ^Adam

Like · Reply · 21 hours ago

• Hi Adam, thank for getting back to me: we fly out of Manchester 6 April 2014 TOM108 - Barbados. I'm really looking for a little bit of reassurance. The hotel element of the trip, Oceans Two Barbados, looks and sounds fantastic, it's just the cruise part we're a little concerned about! We've cruised quite a few times, RCCL, P&O, Princess, this will be our first trip with Thomson

I commented on that post after Adam had, also raising my concerns that I had seen a lot of bad reviews recently about the Dream and the Celebration.

My post was deleted!!!

Edited by Julessmiles

I commented on that post after Adam had, also raising my concerns that I had seen a lot of bad reviews recently about the Dream and the Celebration.

My post was deleted!!!

damage limitation:( ....hopefully they will be scuttling off to get it sorted tho

My post was deleted!!!

What, Julie!! How can they do that! How many more have been deleted? :mad:

My post was deleted!!!

I've just made a comment too, Julie. See how long it takes before it is deleted! :D:D;)

My post was deleted!!!

Julie, i think you may have commented on an older, similar question from Dec 23rd. Your comment is still there.

Julie, i think you may have commented on an older, similar question from Dec 23rd. Your comment is still there.

Oops; sorry Thomson, my mistake, take it back - the post that Steve has quoted wasn't there yesterday when I commented (no reply to that one!). I thought it was the one I added to but obviously not!

I have added my comments to Jackie's & the one Steve found; wonder if we'll get a reply?

I did also add my comments to another question about Turkish Visas which seems to be confusing now but not had a reply to that one yet either....

This is the sixth day that this thread has been up, and no response from Thomson:eek:

They have said in the past that they regularly check this forum and will respond when necessary:rolleyes:

Lets face it, they are a business and only after the money, they could be bothered to phone me up yesterday to try and sell an upgrade. When asked if we could reserve the cabin whilst we were on they said no, you have to phone the other number, yet another money making scheme as they keep you hanging on....

They know only a small percentage of customers read this forum, so if they upset their loyal followers so what, another new one will be along in a minute.

How many on here have been recognised as repeat customers with a bottle of cheap wine? One or two?

What REALLY came out of the Q&A? They are just paying us lip service.

As the reviews keep coming in they keep saying the same thing, food worse, staff cuts, come on Thomson, sort it out!

Can you join facebook without anyone finding out who you actually are?

yes, just make up an alias....put up your settings to private (only me) and dont make any other friends...then use that id to join the group(s) you are interested in.....but...its adictive:o:);)

This is the sixth day that this thread has been up, and no response from Thomson:eek:

They have said in the past that they regularly check this forum and will respond when necessary:rolleyes:

Lets face it, they are a business and only after the money, they could be bothered to phone me up yesterday to try and sell an upgrade. When asked if we could reserve the cabin whilst we were on they said no, you have to phone the other number, yet another money making scheme as they keep you hanging on....

They know only a small percentage of customers read this forum, so if they upset their loyal followers so what, another new one will be along in a minute.

How many on here have been recognised as repeat customers with a bottle of cheap wine? One or two?

What REALLY came out of the Q&A? They are just paying us lip service.

As the reviews keep coming in they keep saying the same thing, food worse, staff cuts, come on Thomson, sort it out!

Sadly, Joe, I think you are right :(

yes, just make up an alias....put up your settings to private (only me) and dont make any other friends...then use that id to join the group(s) you are interested in.....but...its adictive:o:);)

Looks simple doesn't it!

well it isnt

just spent a frustrating 30 minutes being bounced around between facebook and bt yahoo , one of those never ending loops you get into. :mad:

Facebook can get stu..fed and i will have to resign myself to being the only user left on the cruise forums.

People have noticed all the cruise forums posting totals are reducing as people take up with facecloth?

Looks simple doesn't it!

well it isnt

just spent a frustrating 30 minutes being bounced around between facebook and bt yahoo , one of those never ending loops you get into. :mad:

Facebook can get stu..fed and i will have to resign myself to being the only user left on the cruise forums.

People have noticed all the cruise forums posting totals are reducing as people take up with facecloth?

Yep! But I'm still here dave - we'll just have to chat together! :D;)