Thomson Staff - please read

I second this request.

As well as other concerns on recent reviews, the food on the Dream has recently come into a lot of criticism from regular Thomson cruisers. The good food quality we have enjoyed on our previous 2 cruises on the Dream was one of the main reasons we have already booked for our third cruise in November and, even more worryingly, is one of the reasons we have recommended Thomson Cruises to several of our friends who have now booked to sail on ships in their fleet this Summer.

I hope that we get some reassuringly positive feedback from Thomson staff a.s.a.p.

Edited by campolady

I think that in this case, although quality and choice of food is subjective, the reviews are from very well respected, oft returning Thomson cruise passengers, and should be addressed.....and quickly!

Many problems from last year have been addressed and many successfully. It can be done!

I also support Julessmiles request.

I'm fairly sure any response you do get will be the standard cut and paste reponse - reviews subjective, bear in mind it's one person's opinion etc.

I'm not expecting a response - just hoping that this feedback is getting back to the right people at Thomson.

We have booked to travel on the Dream for the first time in the summer, having been on the Spirit & the Celebration & had wonderful holidays.

My parents are recently back. They have travelled with Thomson before as well as other cruise lines & are very regular travellers on all sorts of holidays. They said they would hesitate to return on the Dream; it was not as good as the experiences they have enjoyed on the Destiny or the Celebration.

Edited by Julessmiles

I am on the celebration in just a few weeks and the reviews over the last months have not been encouraging with the majority being pretty negative. We have travelled thomson on many occasions and always had a good holiday so I remain hopeful but it would be nice to have some more positive feedback.

There reviews about the food and the extremely poor bar service are particularly concerning.

Hi

Like you I do hope thomsons take note . I,m also really concerned , we sail in August and as it's the school holidays we have paid a premium price.

I must admit I find the recent reviews quite confusing as amongst the bad ones you then get someone on the same Christmas cruise saying the food was fab and sunbeds were available --- who to believe ? Can anyone reassure us as to what to really expect please.

I don't expect the Dream to be glitzy and modern but I do want nice food and somewhere to chill in the sun.

I agree wit the comments on here. I've just been reading some of the Christmas reviews on both the Celebration and the Dream and they do not read well. I do take notice of review websites but normally take the view that you cannot satisfy everyone's wishes. So for every 8 good reviews I will accept 2 bad reviews. If you check out the reviews on here and I have to say on the facebook site it looks like Thomson have lost the plot! We travel on 9th February on the Dream and hope that things have improved. Its worrying that most of the poor reviews are from Thomson regulars!

I agree wit the comments on here. I've just been reading some of the Christmas reviews on both the Celebration and the Dream and they do not read well. I do take notice of review websites but normally take the view that you cannot satisfy everyone's wishes. So for every 8 good reviews I will accept 2 bad reviews. If you check out the reviews on here and I have to say on the facebook site it looks like Thomson have lost the plot! We travel on 9th February on the Dream and hope that things have improved. Its worrying that most of the poor reviews are from Thomson regulars!

For everything we are told (we care about return passengers was the line), they don't really care, after all, where is the loyalty scheme??

At the end of the day, they are trying to save money, cut corners, and while their ships sell out, whether return or new passengers, they won't feel the need to change anything, not until they seen a decline in bookings.

For everything we are told (we care about return passengers was the line), they don't really care, after all, where is the loyalty scheme??

At the end of the day, they are trying to save money, cut corners, and while their ships sell out, whether return or new passengers, they won't feel the need to change anything, not until they seen a decline in bookings.

I'm inclined to agree sodafountain. Whilst ever they can get away with it, there's likely to be little improvement. They will wake up to the dangerous path they are treading only when bookings do fall. The decline over the last year in particular has been driven by management decisions - it's clearly penny pinching cost costing. If there is no will from above to remedy this situation nothing will change!

no sign of life from thoms on this one??.....we just have to keep on at them here....anyone out there who has just got back and has any comments? please, please do let us know here:cool:....eventually thoms may respond (hopefully)

no sign of life from thoms on this one??.....we just have to keep on at them here....anyone out there who has just got back and has any comments? please, please do let us know here:cool:....eventually thoms may respond (hopefully)

As well as the customers, it's the front line staff on the ships that I feel sorry for. Thomson have clearly cut staff numbers making it harder work for all the ones onboard and they are the ones having to work extra hard and who are getting grief from the customers.

My parents were onboard from 15th-29th December and having cruised regularly on the Celebration & several times on the Destiny, they said the food standards were certainly worse in the MDR than the other ships they had been on. The service was poor too - apparently the Head Waiters really did not seem to know what they were doing & there were very few wine/drinks waiters. When they were sat on a table for 2, they were virtually ignored by drinks & waiting staff and dinner was a very long, drawn out process.

Christmas Day Gala Dinner 2nd sitting was a disaster - the restaurant was not ready at 8.30; they were not seated until 8.55 even though they waited from 8.20pm near the front of the queue. Too many people attended the 2nd sitting than the restaurant could cope with - people were dis-regarding the tickets & just turned up when they wanted (this happened to us on the Celebration too in the summer so clearly needs tightening up). By the time dinner arrived, it was dried up.

They loved the cabins, enjoyed the ship, enjoyed the entertainment & the itinerary but like a lot of people, they do enjoy sitting down to a nice meal and it wasn't what they have been used to on the other Thomson ships,

such a shame to read this, how very disappointing, christmas gala dinner is usually one of the best meals of the year (when they bring out the lobster) and a lovely christmas dinner is such a big part of peoples christmas

agree they should be tightening up the sitting allocations, if they are not checking tickets at the door then virtually everyone will turn up for the late sitting

As I have said before, why don't they ask you when you book, which sitting you want for Captain's/Christmas/NYE dinner? We are always given first sitting and have to go and change it :mad::mad:

Once, when we were on the Celebration, we were given 1st sitting, the weather was bad, I felt ill, so took some tablets, felt better, then went to ask if I could change to second sitting and reception said - just come to which one you like :rolleyes::rolleyes: What is the point then, of giving out the slips of paper?

As I have said before, why don't they ask you when you book, which sitting you want for Captain's/Christmas/NYE dinner? We are always given first sitting and have to go and change it :mad::mad:

Once, when we were on the Celebration, we were given 1st sitting, the weather was bad, I felt ill, so took some tablets, felt better, then went to ask if I could change to second sitting and reception said - just come to which one you like :rolleyes::rolleyes: What is the point then, of giving out the slips of paper?

You can change them - we have always changed ours to the late sitting & there's always a queue of people doing it but certainly when we went they didin't take the tickets at the door which makes a mockery of the whole thing. I have been speaking to someone on the Christmas Celebration Cruise & she said the same thing happened there on the 2nd sitting on Christmas Day & New Year too :rolleyes:

The recent reviews are very concerning. The thing that concerns me the most is that if you are AI you have to pay for the coffee in the new lounge on Celebration! This really is one charge too far for me. I did bring up the issue of added charges during the Ellacott Q+A, but he didn't really address my concerns. I can fully understand extra charges for things such as speciality restaurants and the like, but coffee - this costs around 2 pence to make.

The latest in a long line of 'extras', which started with safes and ended up with paying to reserve seats in the theatre. Time for a change.