Thomson Staff - please read

There are a lot of us on both - Infoqueen, Dreamgirl, Jakanne , Little Nell, Cruising Linda, Topsey, Berwyn, to name just a small few....

I am on FB anyway to keep in touch with friends & family but I admit to enjoying the closed Thomson unofficial group on there because it is easy to post and also easy to add photos & also nice to put a face to a name which you can't do on here & I have never been able to upload photos to here either.

I still love this forum though & gain so much information & also hope give a little in return :)

Edited by Julessmiles

Looks simple doesn't it!

well it isnt

just spent a frustrating 30 minutes being bounced around between facebook and bt yahoo , one of those never ending loops you get into. :mad:

Facebook can get stu..fed and i will have to resign myself to being the only user left on the cruise forums.

People have noticed all the cruise forums posting totals are reducing as people take up with facecloth?

i'm still here too...i'm not a member of any other cruise related groups/forums....just this one:cool:

i tend to prefer forums with very enticing titles such as:

the pavement slab enthusiasts society.....not what its cracked up to be:)

the omg someone said something mean about me group....i didnt cry...well nearly:p

and 50 usefull uses for a stray grandma....such as tying your dicki bow and making a wholesome meal for 5 out of a turnip:cool:

like i said...its adictive

Well the problems are all down to the awful internet Explorer and how it interacts with the equally rubbish BT Mail.

So i now have a Google Chrome browser and an email address on their Gmail

Guess what!

Joining facecloth as an alias was a doddle.

I have found and joined the P&O group and think i have found the Thomson group but nothing happened when i clicked the join group button? Is there a time delay etc etc?

Well the problems are all down to the awful internet Explorer and how it interacts with the equally rubbish BT Mail.

Guess what!

I have found and joined the P&O group and think i have found the Thomson group but nothing happened when i clicked the join group button? Is there a time delay etc etc?

Have you joined the correct Thomson cruises group? This is the link to the "closed/private" group. Last time a new member was added was 4 hours ago......

Won't let me add link - try looking for

Thomsoncurises - the person who set up the group spelt it wrong; not sure if that was on purpose or not!

Edited by Julessmiles

Have you joined the correct Thomson cruises group? This is the link to the "closed/private" group. Last time a new member was added was 4 hours ago......

Won't let me add link - try looking for

Thomsoncurises - the person who set up the group spelt it wrong; not sure if that was on purpose or not!

Julie, isn't it spelt correctly now. Thomson cruises with 1788 members is the one to look for. :)

Guess what!

I think you have to be accepted onto the group as it is a closed group. The admin group will do it when they log on. :)

Julie, isn't it spelt correctly now. Thomson cruises with 1788 members is the one to look for. :)

Not if you look at the URL Jackie - it is spelt incorrectly still; don't think it can be changed once it's set up

Edited by Julessmiles

It will say "closed group", Dave.

Even though you are joining with an alias, you will have to let us know you are Dave cttr ;)

how can i do that without giving away my identity :confused:

Oh, its not my real name :o

dave t r a i n o r

how can i do that without giving away my identity :confused:

Oh, its not my real name :o

dave t r a i n o r

There is nobody of that name requested to join the group yet today!!???

Take it back - you have just been joined!

Edited by Julessmiles

There is nobody of that name requested to join the group yet today!!???

Take it back - you have just been joined!

Well I am in - no idea what is going on though :)

ooops, crossed postings.

Reminds me of when we got email installed at work. One engineer was going on holiday so forwarded his emails to a colleague in another building. What he did not know was the man had gone on holiday.

2 days of messages bouncing back and forward a few thousand times a second caused the server to crash :D

Edited by davecttr

Guess what!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dave ,

I was using IE and BT Mail, stiil do but found using firefox as browser,bt mail and sites with lots of info download much faster ,all this tecno stuff you keep up and try or not bother and go to bed with a horlicks:rolleyes:

think I feel a horlicks or a whiskey coming on ?:D

Stevie :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Dave ,

I was using IE and BT Mail, stiil do but found using firefox as browser,bt mail and sites with lots of info download much faster ,all this tecno stuff you keep up and try or not bother and go to bed with a horlicks:rolleyes:

think I feel a horlicks or a whiskey coming on ?:D

Stevie :)

Quite a number of people have recommended firefox to me, Steve. I switched to chrome which is much faster but certainly not problem free.