I know I'm gonna get flamed, but Windjammer is AWFUL

I think if people are unhappy with RCCL they should make their concerns known. By complaining they are doing a service to RCCL. If there are enough complaints, positive change will occur and the cruise line and passengers will both be better for it.

I agree, many of us complained vociferously a few years ago about the infamous "Ranch Steak". It took a couple of years for RCCL to listen and make the change, but they did make the change.

you eat all your meals in the windjammer????? you never eat in the MDR ??? IMHO boy you are missing a lot.....

We have experience the MDR. We have experienced the Windjammer. And IMHO we are not missing anything by now eating almost all of our meals in the Windjammer. Oh yes, we miss the noise and commotion of the MDR.

you eat all your meals in the windjammer????? you never eat in the MDR ??? IMHO boy you are missing a lot.....

Missing alot? Dont think so. Same menu without having to sit thru a 2.5 hr meal. Well you do miss out on the singing and waving your napkin around. :rolleyes:

I am not crazy about breakfast at all, so I wait until brunch time when the Windjammer starts serving lunch. I love the Windjammer because of the variety of Asian food, especially spicy Indian dishes! I also prefer a buffet to being served. I know everyone's taste is different, but this is my opinion. :)

We have experience the MDR. We have experienced the Windjammer. And IMHO we are not missing anything by now eating almost all of our meals in the Windjammer. Oh yes, we miss the noise and commotion of the MDR.

Like!! :D

OP again:

I am a VERY positive person. I seldom would post a negative post. I love RCCL and have probably encouraged 60 or more people to sail them through the years.

I agree, every ship, every week, can bring a different experience. I have sailed RCCL many times and this is my first WJ complaint. I am simply saying the quality is going downhill.

I sent my very detailed review of my experiences to RCCL. I praised them for many things. The ship is gorgeous, my room and steward were amazing, my ports were great, etc.

I was very specific about my dining experiences. I told them to view this thread and gave them a link. So I hope they read it.

I thank EVERY SINGLE person before me that gave RCCL suggestions and criticism, so that my cruise experience could be improved. It is hard for me to criticize RCCL. I have always protected them. I do hope they read and improve.

So instead of being harsh on me, just smile and be thankful that hopefully my comments can help your next cruise experience to be awesome.

Hugs to my fellow RCCL fans.

Edited by SailingDeanna

Guest maddycat
I eat in the WJ. Not really a huge fan as I feel they have gone down a little in quality.

Breakfast- why can they have real toast? I have never received a piece of white toast from them they hasn't come out like a crouton. Also, since they have bread, bacon, and tomatoes, why can't they have lettuce and mayo so we can make BLT's. Some ships do have mayo out, but others do not. When you ask them for it in the morning, they have to run around like they are not allowed to give it to you. Other than that, they do have a large selection.

Overall temp on everything could be warmer.

You sound just like my DH. He always wants a BLT in the WJ for breakfast. He usually has trouble finding the lettuce.

I have always enjoyed the Windjammer, but it seems to vary from ship to ship.

Every time I have been on the Freedom, the WJ has been amazing. I always enjoyed a nice fish selection for lunch, but on my Explorer cruise in November, the WJ was just awful. It was the very first time I couldn't find anything that I really wanted to eat. I'm not saying I starved by any means, but I basically ate salad and pasta everyday for lunch.

WJ quality can vary from ship to ship. It's never great, but most times it has been satisfactory for us. Lunch tends to be repetitive, but there are often better selections in the asian/Indian section. Dinner is better because they serve the same things as they are serving in MDR. Breakfast is just chaotic; I try to avoid it.

We got back last week from 7 nts on the Allure and went to the WJ once for breakfast. Usually we always go to the WJ, but the Allure is extremely crowded and the food was not worth the bad experience.

Overall we were not happy with the food and the service on the Allure and will definitely reconsider sailing RCI again. We have found our experience on Princess and Celebrity have been much better, so we decided to stick with them instead.

We got back last week from 7 nts on the Allure and went to the WJ once for breakfast. Usually we always go to the WJ, but the Allure is extremely crowded and the food was not worth the bad experience.

Overall we were not happy with the food and the service on the Allure and will definitely reconsider sailing RCI again. We have found our experience on Princess and Celebrity have been much better, so we decided to stick with them instead.

What was so bad about the food? Did you complain? The summer cruises are really crowded in the WJ. I wouldn't expect it to be too crowded in January

I just got on the freedom , going to Bahamas!

Just ate lunch @ windjammer......

Compare to celebrity cruise buffet, this is not very good. ( sorry....)

It's just my humble opinion,so please don't shoot me but I've cruised carnival and norwagean before which I don't remember too well, so I'm only comparing to the celebrity cruise I was on 6 months ago.

Not enough selection,place is pretty small.

I'm only doing this since I still have Internet while I'm in port.

I just got on the freedom , going to Bahamas!

Just ate lunch @ windjammer......

Compare to celebrity cruise buffet, this is not very good. ( sorry....)

It's just my humble opinion,so please don't shoot me but I've cruised carnival and norwagean before which I don't remember too well, so I'm only comparing to the celebrity cruise I was on 6 months ago.

Not enough selection,place is pretty small.

I'm only doing this since I still have Internet while I'm in port.

Bon Voyage!!!

This also includes the coffee/tea and other beverage-only table holders.

Disagree. I don't think that the WJ is a Navy mess where you have to eat in 15 minutes and be out.:eek: If somebody wants a cup of coffee after their meal, or if all they want is a cookie or ice cream cone, I don't think that they should have to consume it elsewhere.

i'm going on allure of the seas in two weeks and to be honest, I have 0 intention of eating in the windjammer. There are so many options to eat on the ship, why would i settle for anything less than the best? I get that many american people think a tomato is a tomato and are cost oriented rather than quality and thats fine to me to help keep the total cruise cost low by feeding the pigs their feed. I'm also doing my best to limit time as much as I can in the main dining room as this will be the next target as signs are already indicating on here (escargot, steak quality, lobster nights). I do agree with previous posts, once the level of quality hits a certain point, I will avoid that cruise line just as I will avoid vacationing at certain brands of resorts who try the same cost saving schemes and get the american masses in at low cost. RCI isnt too far away from a no fly list.

Wow. You really should stay home. Disgusting post.

i'm going on allure of the seas in two weeks and to be honest, I have 0 intention of eating in the windjammer. There are so many options to eat on the ship, why would i settle for anything less than the best? I get that many american people think a tomato is a tomato and are cost oriented rather than quality and thats fine to me to help keep the total cruise cost low by feeding the pigs their feed. I'm also doing my best to limit time as much as I can in the main dining room as this will be the next target as signs are already indicating on here (escargot, steak quality, lobster nights). I do agree with previous posts, once the level of quality hits a certain point, I will avoid that cruise line just as I will avoid vacationing at certain brands of resorts who try the same cost saving schemes and get the american masses in at low cost. RCI isnt too far away from a no fly list.

I hope I never meet you on a cruise.....when you refer to your fellow cruisers as 'pigs' when you say ' .......that's fine to me to help keep the total cruise cost low by feeding the pigs their feed.'

How disgusting. The cabins you WON'T be in can easily be filled by someone much more civilized.

I hope I never meet you on a cruise.....when you refer to your fellow cruisers as 'pigs' when you say ' .......that's fine to me to help keep the total cruise cost low by feeding the pigs their feed.'

How disgusting. The cabins you WON'T be in can easily be filled by someone much more civilized.

:) Yep.

They have just as much of a right to be themselves, on the cruise as they would be at home.

They paid their money, just like everyone else did.

Paying your cruise fare doesn't mean you're entitled to do what you want wherever you want. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jtd724