S1 vs S2 on S class

sunshine nana

I've seen this comparison before, but a search did not bring it up. I know that the S1 has the extra round window shown in the literature, but is there a difference in cabin size? I'm thinking of a true aft S2 on Silhouette. I know the corner S1's have a great wrap around balcony, but other than that, what is the difference? Thanks

I believe that the staterooms have the same amount of square feet, but the corner aft probably seem larger because of the brightness from the 2 openings. I have never stayed in one on the S Class, but was doing some research on one earlier today.

I've seen this comparison before, but a search did not bring it up. I know that the S1 has the extra round window shown in the literature, but is there a difference in cabin size? I'm thinking of a true aft S2 on Silhouette. I know the corner S1's have a great wrap around balcony, but other than that, what is the difference? Thanks

We've stayed in both. The S2 had more drawer, hanging, and counter space. I was a little disappointed when we got our Suite GTY, and we were assigned an S1 and found out it lacked the above. I wouldn't pay the extra for the S1 unless you have the desire to be back aft, but I think there are a few S1's that are not on the ends.

We've stayed in both. The S2 had more drawer, hanging, and counter space. I was a little disappointed when we got our Suite GTY, and we were assigned an S1 and found out it lacked the above. I wouldn't pay the extra for the S1 unless you have the desire to be back aft, but I think there are a few S1's that are not on the ends.

On Silhouette, Equinox, Eclipse, and Solstice the S1's are only on the aft corners. Reflection also has S1's on the aft corners as well as 8 more on the forward Starboard side of the ship.

This is good info. We're currently wavering between an S1 (corner aft) and an S2 on Solstice. The S1 is (for the sailing we're looking at) $800 more but if the cabin itself is no larger and has less storage space, a smaller balcony would be a small sacrifice in order to go with the S2.

I'm one who prefers an S1, but then closet space isn't an issue. I just feel they seem larger and airier than an S2. I also prefer having a balcony from which you can view forwards down the sides of the ship. I like the entry way arrangement too down the end of the corridor. All the aft facing S1s and S2s have very little cover on the balcony except those on the Resort Deck. There is a very large overhang on the side facing S2s on that deck, less of an overhang on the aft facing ones there.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden