SQ vs SA?

CruiseWhere

Just curious what the difference is, other than price with the SQ's being more expensive, between these two suites on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Can someone please explain as it also appears to me that SQ's are smaller.:confused:

They are definitely smaller. Their pluses are a yoga mat and an Ipod dock from what I have been able to figure out.

the verandahs are also smaller.

There is no spa benefit other than a reduced 'something'.

I wouldn't take one of these cabins for the price with a 10 foot pole.

But that's just my opinon :D

They are definitely smaller. Their pluses are a yoga mat and an Ipod dock from what I have been able to figure out.

Thank you! I can always depend on you Jacqui for the answer;)

It's just beyond me on why they are roughly another $200 p/person. I thought I was missing something:rolleyes: Happy to stay in my SA:)

Thank you! I can always depend on you Jacqui for the answer;)

It's just beyond me on why they are roughly another $200 p/person. I thought I was missing something:rolleyes: Happy to stay in my SA:)

I think originally they were supposed to have spa access but it didn't happen.

It makes no sense to me at all. I would mark my cabin no upgrade and go for an upsell if it interests you.

I saw one of those cabins on a cabin crawl and I would equivocate them to an SS. I know I am probably exaggerating and they are a bit bigger - but they are in on no way close to a true SA

The balconies are not only very much smaller than SA's, the majority of the railing is steel and higher than normal, with only a small section of plexiglass. The only plus I see for the SQ cabins is the forward-facing window, and you could get that in the CA's next door.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102156&d=1232194519

Edited by jtl513

The balconies are not only very much smaller than SA's, the majority of the railing is steel and higher than normal, with only a small section of plexiglass. The only plus I see for the SQ cabins is the forward-facing window, and you could get that in the CA's next door.

Thank you jtl513, especially for the pic! Things that make you go hmmmm:rolleyes:

Just curious, why do u think it's an advantage being a front facing window ? It's like a captain view isn't it ? Must be unique

I would never book an SQ. I don't want a Yoga mat, and iPod dock or a small water/rock making noise and possibly splashing water on things.

We also prefer a larger verandah and one where we can sit and look out.

I know. The CA OV cat close to those cabins seem a better value to me. Our upcoming CA cabin on Edam is 276 sq ft. At least the space& strategic location being Close to hydropool & retreat cabanas compensates for the vibration And the splashing fountain :)

Edited by Thebes

Just curious, why do u think it's an advantage being a front facing window ? It's like a captain view isn't it ? Must be unique
Probably the same reason people like to sit in the Crow's Nest loungers and pretend they're driving the ship! :)

And the splashing fountain :)
I've heard you can unplug that. :)

I could not agree with you more, Kazu!!!! I can handle the size of the suite, it's the size of the lanai/balcony that I have an issue with. I just don't see where it's worth the price at that particular category. Knock it down a few categories - no problem!!! But I'd still not be interested. Being all the way forward is too much motion for me!!!!

After seeing that, I'd never book an SQ.

It appears from the deck plans that on NA the are Neptune; on Eurodam they are Signature.....hmmm
On the Eurodam they do not have the large forward window and have a poorer layout IMHO. Edited by catl331