What are your favorite menu choices?

SKAGGS1234

I've fallen in love with the congee soup (rice soup) in the Horizon Court and have it for breakfast whenever it's served..strange thing is that I would never dream of having soup for breakfast at home..that makes it even more special! Also love the fried calamari and the veal marsala as well as the ice cream - any flavor!! Almost forgot about the eggplant parmiggiana but I always ask for entrée size!

Camelia

I actually hated the fettucine in the parmesan basket. I found the pasta gummy, and the sauce sticky, and the bowl was inedible, almost like plastic. In fact I found all the selections I tried in the MDR to be overly salty.

No one has mentioned the IC! I loved the salads there, esp the shrimp one, and the beet one.

The pizza was very good, the crust is perfect, thought I would have liked to see more veggie toppings. Seems like it was always pepperoni or cheese.

I've fallen in love with the congee soup (rice soup) in the Horizon Court and have it for breakfast whenever it's served..strange thing is that I would never dream of having soup for breakfast at home..that makes it even more special! Also love the fried calamari and the veal marsala as well as the ice cream - any flavor!! Almost forgot about the eggplant parmiggiana but I always ask for entrée size!

Camelia

I loved the congee! Had a great strong ginger flavor. Traditional Chinese rice porridge, and it is usually eaten for breakfast. Even salty soy milk for breakfast, but that's more Taiwanese.

Also in the HC I loved the sausages on Bavarian night, and the Indian curries.

Edited by whataboutport

Any souffle, the princess dream boat and if you are celebrating a special occasion on board, the dessert they bring you is one of the best I have ever had! Make sure your TA has you down if you are celebrating an anniversary, birthday, retirement, 30 days before or 30 days after.

First time cruiser so I am hoping the veterans can provide some info. You are all mentioning your favs and it got me thinking about deserts. I am a very strange woman, not really a fan of deserts or chocolate in fact my favourite desert is JELLO (with maybe 1 piece of cheesecake a year). So will I be able to get such a basic desert on the Royal Princess? (I am not 10 but turning 46 on my cruise so I want to be able to get jello and not some crazy choc desert that I will not eat.)

You're in luck. We did the maiden transatlantic (18 days) on the Royal Princess and jello was one of the offerings in the dessert section in the Horizon Bistro.

If you dine at Alfredo's, be sure to try their tiramisu. I'm not a fan, but one of the wait staff highly recommended we try it. We did and we were hooked!

You'll love the Royal....she's a beautiful ship and the crew are top notch!

Creme brulee used to be one of my favorites. I'd look forward to the night it was on the menu. Now that it's on the menu every night, it doesn't seem quite as special. I ordered it just once last month out of our eight nights on the Ruby. I usually ordered the fruit plate for dessert instead--trying to avoid gaining weight.

The ravioli on the Ruby at the embarkation day lunch were delicious last month. I ordered them both cruises.