$25 Soda Fountain Card Question

Grandma of 4

I've read this thread carefully and I've seen two different prices mentioned for soda. I see that this thread is fairly old. Has the price of soda increased from $1.50 ($1.73) to 1.95 ($2.24) or is it $1.50 for fountain soda and $1.95 for the can?

Also, since this isn't an "unlimited" card like they have on some lines, is it possible to order a soda for myself and one for a companion, or is it only to be used for the cardholder?

I'm going on a Mediterranean cruise with only one sea day, so I'm not sure if we'll be onboard enough to use it.

My first cruise was the Baltic on NCL, which was also port intensive and it was nearly impossible to get the full value from their "unlimited" card. Since then, I've brought soda onboard myself, but I don't know if I'll be able to do that in Rome.

I've read this thread carefully and I've seen two different prices mentioned for soda. I see that this thread is fairly old. Has the price of soda increased from $1.50 ($1.73) to 1.95 ($2.24) or is it $1.50 for fountain soda and $1.95 for the can?

The $1.95 price quote is for a can. The lower price you quoted is for a glass of soda purchased with the soda card.

Also, since this isn't an "unlimited" card like they have on some lines, is it possible to order a soda for myself and one for a companion, or is it only to be used for the cardholder?

The soda card has been paid for, for a set amount of soda, so it can be used to purchase soda for anyone you want.

Spread the wealth! :D

• 2 years later...
Which drinks can we get w/ the soda card?

Whatever fountain soda is available - primarily coke products.

Can we use unused cards on future cruises? Or do they still refund unused portions?

This is an old thread that you have bumped but, they will refund unused cards up to the $25. Any balance less than that is not refunded I believe. Cards cannot be used on future cruises. They are only valid for the cruise you ar on.

Can we use unused cards on future cruises? Or do they still refund unused portions?

Soda cards, Beverage Cards, etc., can only be used on the ship you are sailing on.

If you have any money left on the Beverage Card, that money will be credited back to your credit card.

On the Soda Card, you will only get back any money that you have left on the card up to $25.

Soda cards, Beverage Cards, etc., can only be used on the ship you are sailing on.

If you have any money left on the Beverage Card, that money will be credited back to your credit card.

On the Soda Card, you will only get back any money that you have left on the card up to $25.

Thanks Krazy Kruisers,

Are we limited to pre-ordering these, or can we buy them on the ship? The man I spoke with at ship's services didn't kept putting me on hold to inquire up the chain, and some of his answers didn't seem right. I checked my shipboard receipt, and got a partial refund for my $50 beverage card on Rotterdam last year.

Thanks Krazy Kruisers,

Are we limited to pre-ordering these, or can we buy them on the ship? The man I spoke with at ship's services didn't kept putting me on hold to inquire up the chain, and some of his answers didn't seem right. I checked my shipboard receipt, and got a partial refund for my $50 beverage card on Rotterdam last year.

Not KK, but..

The regular beverage cards are always refunded with any balance remaining. The soda card is discounted so the refund is proportional to the original cost.

You could buy them on the ship on our last cruise (April/2017) just as you could buy the full price beverage cards.

Advantage to buying on line for me (aside for budgeting and exchange rate control) is that our name is on the beverage cards (they aren't if you buy them on board). Makes it easy to make sure you got yours back.

Let me get this right. If you buy a beverage card, you pay full price for a beverage, wether it is a soda, coffee or alcoholic drink. If you are a three or four star Mariner and charge the same drink to your on board account, you get a 25 or 50 % discount. Why would these Mariners ever buy a beverage card?

DD

Let me get this right. If you buy a beverage card, you pay full price for a beverage, wether it is a soda, coffee or alcoholic drink. If you are a three or four star Mariner and charge the same drink to your on board account, you get a 25 or 50 % discount. Why would these Mariners ever buy a beverage card?

DD

No discount on beverages for 3 and 4* Mariners.

The only discounts are on the wine packages (Navigator & Admiral) and the mini bar and at the specialty coffee place. We pay full price for drinks just like everyone else, so a beverage card works just fine for those of us that don't want long bills on cruises with a bunch of little slips to match up.