Embarrassing thing I do on Cruises

kelmac

My wife told me not to tell anyone, but I want to know if I'm the only one this has happened too?

On three separate cruises, we've come back to the cabin for the evening and get ready for bed. I shut down most of the lights and get into bed and the next morning I wake up to find that I've gone to sleep on my pillow chocolate and there is chocolate all over the sheets. Does not look great!:eek:

This past Century cruise it happened (third time) and my wife is incredulous as to HOW I could let this happen again. I had to do my "I'm so sorry" routine for the Cabin Steward for the third time. And of course, I always add a huge "extra tip" for the poor person that has to clean up after me.

Okay, for a very well educated person, I'm an idiot.

Anyone willing to fess up?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Enjoy!

We're all idiots at some point; it's just a matter of how we prove it! I've fallen asleep on chocolate but it had the decency to soften but stay within its wrapper. You must really be hot stuff!

Never did it on a cruise. But I did it a few months ago in Atlantic City. I still swear that those chocolates were hidden under the pillow. There's no way I could have missed them since the sheets and blankets were all white and the chocolate packs (there were 3) were dark brown. I woke up and thought "OMG, I had an accident"!

It was funny to post a picture of the mess on Facebook with the caption "Look what I did in my hotel bed last night". Not funny to have to write a note to housekeeping (with a nice tip) explaining that it's just chocolate!!

Nope, haven't ever done that. I put them all in my nightstand drawer and take them home for the grandchildren. They love their treat when Grandma gets back from vacation. :)

I don't have grandchildren but I also take most chocolates back from our cruises. :):)

Never did it on a cruise. But I did it a few months ago in Atlantic City. I still swear that those chocolates were hidden under the pillow. There's no way I could have missed them since the sheets and blankets were all white and the chocolate packs (there were 3) were dark brown. I woke up and thought "OMG, I had an accident"!

It was funny to post a picture of the mess on Facebook with the caption "Look what I did in my hotel bed last night". Not funny to have to write a note to housekeeping (with a nice tip) explaining that it's just chocolate!!

Thanks for sharing! I think when I sit down on the edge of the bed, the chocolate slides off the pillow and I miss it. Or maybe it was the extra wine at dinner?:rolleyes::D LOL about the Facebook caption!

Kel

My wife told me not to tell anyone, but I want to know if I'm the only one this has happened too?

On three separate cruises, we've come back to the cabin for the evening and get ready for bed. I shut down most of the lights and get into bed and the next morning I wake up to find that I've gone to sleep on my pillow chocolate and there is chocolate all over the sheets. Does not look great!:eek:

This past Century cruise it happened (third time) and my wife is incredulous as to HOW I could let this happen again. I had to do my "I'm so sorry" routine for the Cabin Steward for the third time. And of course, I always add a huge "extra tip" for the poor person that has to clean up after me.

Enjoy!

I've been known to eat them both and then say we didn't get any....I usually fess up though..

I think it's time that your wife take charge and scoop the chocolates off the bed pillows as soon as you enter your stateroom! :) That's what I do. Sometimes I eat one, but most go into the drawer to bring home to my freezer for a chocolate fix.

I must agree with above poster. We always look expectantly for the chocolate when we get back to our room. If it is not there I immediately blame my partner for taking mine !!

Thanks for the posting. It gave us a good laugh

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

This thread just irritates me. :D We were on the Dec 7th sailing on The Summit in a RS and didn't have chocolates on the pillow one single night. We assumed after the 2nd night they had done away with them. Very disappointed to read now that that is not the case!

I'm especially glad now that we commented about it on our comment card! Grrrr ;)

This thread just irritates me. :D We were on the Dec 7th sailing on The Summit in a RS and didn't have chocolates on the pillow one single night. We assumed after the 2nd night they had done away with them. Very disappointed to read now that that is not the case!

Maybe the butler took them.

I'm especially glad now that we commented about it on our comment card! Grrrr ;)

On our sailing in October on Summit we were in Penthouse and did not get chocolates. We got instead different "treats" each night. Did not like them. Would have preferred the chocolates we hot on the December sailing on Reflection

My chocolates (when they come) are sadly left behind. It would be too dangerous to try to eat them. Haven't you seen "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life"?

Just one teeny tiny wafer-thin mint monsieur . . . :D

*LMAO* I hope those chocolates come with a bucket :)

For what you paid they should have left you the whole box plus a block of shares in Whitman's

Nope, haven't ever done that. I put them all in my nightstand drawer and take them home for the grandchildren. They love their treat when Grandma gets back from vacation. :)

We do that as well. Sorry but noone eats them but us!

My chocolates (when they come) are sadly left behind. It would be too dangerous to try to eat them. Haven't you seen "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life"?

Just one teeny tiny wafer-thin mint monsieur . . . :D

"Bring a bucket, I'm going......"

My husband slept on his chocolate once. I left a note for the steward to tell him it was chocolate and not something much worse. Since then I confiscate his candy. We bring it all home with us and eat it over the course of a few weeks. Much better in our mouths than on the sheets.

Barbara

First afternoon on first cruise with BiL and DS (seasoned cruisers) my usually quiet, but very excited, DH sat down at a table at the Mast bar, flung out his long arms and said "isn't this wonderful", knocking the beer on the table all over BiL.

Our bags hadn't even been delivered to our rooms yet.

Cheers, h.

My husband slept on his chocolate once. I left a note for the steward to tell him it was chocolate and not something much worse. Since then I confiscate his candy. We bring it all home with us and eat it over the course of a few weeks. Much better in our mouths than on the sheets.

Barbara

Whew Barb,

I was afraid I was the only one! When you see it all over those white sheets, it not only looks suspect, but down right scary.

After this episode, my wife wouldn't even let me near the bed until she collected all the chocolates. :)

Enjoy!

Kel

This is really FUNNY!! Thanks for sharing! :D