Embarrassing thing I do on Cruises

kelmac

[quote:

This is really FUNNY!! Thanks for sharing! :D

Actually, it was pretty funny the first time it happened. The second time, not so much…, My wife said I had to do the "walk of shame" to find the cabin steward.

:rolleyes::)

Kel

Edited by kelmac

One of our Cruises on the last evening I put the last piece of luggage outside of our cabin. The next sound I heard was the cabin door close and latch. No card to open the cabin door, the wife taking a shower and I was standing there wearing only my boxers. Lucky for me the next person I saw in the hallway was the guy collecting the luggage. I asked him to call down to guest relations and have someone come up and let me in. That was the longest few minutes I’ve ever spent waiting for someone. To top it off others Cruisers were heading back to their cabins. Yikes! The guy from security assured me this wasn’t the first time he has seen this and I told him it probably wouldn’t be his last. When disembarking the next morning he saw me as we were leaving the ship and he gave me thumbs up and a big smile.

We're all idiots at some point; it's just a matter of how we prove it! I've fallen asleep on chocolate but it had the decency to soften but stay within its wrapper. You must really be hot stuff!

I've thankfully had the same experience when I've mistakenly gone to bed on the chocolate LOL

Royal did away with the chocolates a few years ago, and I deeply miss them. (more the symbolism, possibly - I feel so spoiled to get them at turn down-like a 4/5 star hotel) I'm so happy and excited to hear that they exist on X! We will be on Millennium going to Alaska this summer. I will have chocolates again! I feel more "valued" by X already. Yes, I know that's not logical, but then the "logical part" of the brain works differently than the part, that enjoys the thought of feeling special.

We put them in the drawer too and then take them home so we can pretend we're still on the cruise. However, this time I can't find them. I don't know where they went. Will probably find them when I go to pack for the next cruise....I hope.:o

Royal did away with the chocolates a few years ago, and I deeply miss them. (more the symbolism, possibly - I feel so spoiled to get them at turn down-like a 4/5 star hotel) I'm so happy and excited to hear that they exist on X! We will be on Millennium going to Alaska this summer. I will have chocolates again! I feel more "valued" by X already. Yes, I know that's not logical, but then the "logical part" of the brain works differently than the part, that enjoys the thought of feeling special.

Hi c,

The first time it happened to me was on the Allure of the Seas, Thanksgiving 2012, so are the pillow chocolates gone now? That was only 14 months ago.

At any rate, Celebrity still has them and they are better than ever.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Last year on a cruise on another line we adjourned to our cabin one afternoon for a bit of "entertainment":D We had a balcony cabin and left the drapes wide open thinking "who's gonna see us?"

That worked well until the "Vindow Vashers" came bye.;)

I melted the chocolate in my bed on my first cruise. I was mortified, because it did look like a terrible thing had happened in my bed.

Never occurred to me that this might be fairly common. I was so mortified and explained to my cabin steward John Henry - " I slept on the chocolate & melted it - I Swear that's all it is!" Personality wise this was the most aloof and stone faced steward of any cruise I've been on, he just looked at me sideways and didn't say much.

One of our Cruises on the last evening I put the last piece of luggage outside of our cabin. The next sound I heard was the cabin door close and latch. No card to open the cabin door, the wife taking a shower and I was standing there wearing only my boxers. Lucky for me the next person I saw in the hallway was the guy collecting the luggage. I asked him to call down to guest relations and have someone come up and let me in. That was the longest few minutes I’ve ever spent waiting for someone. To top it off others Cruisers were heading back to their cabins. Yikes! The guy from security assured me this wasn’t the first time he has seen this and I told him it probably wouldn’t be his last. When disembarking the next morning he saw me as we were leaving the ship and he gave me thumbs up and a big smile.

This happened to me ...only WITHOUT the boxers:eek::o

During the night, I had to go to the bathroom, was like a zombie and took the wrong door. Before I knew it, Despegue was locked in the hallway as God created him...luckily my wife is a very light sleeper and I managed a quick escape back in:D

The best feature, besides tasting great, is that X chocolates are very well packaged being sealed in durable foil/plastic. It's difficult to get the chocolate out even when you want to. I've distorted a few by sleeping on them overnight but they have always been contained in their packaging.:D

[IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=298987&d=1389881682[/IMG]

PS-Note to ourselves, above is our last X chocolate so it's time to go on cruise for more.:p Edited by robtulipe

I'm diabetic and usually don't eat the candy, at least not right away. I put the candies in my nightstand and take them home in my backpack for blood sugar emergencies on the way home (It HAS happened). I also keep them on my nightstand at home in case my blood sugar gets low in the night. Sometimes I find them months later covered up by other stuff, dry and inedible. This is a tribute to my effort not to gobble them up immediately, since I am actually a chocoholic. :eek:

[quote name='davekathy']One of our Cruises on the last evening I put the last piece of luggage outside of our cabin. The next sound I heard was the cabin door close and latch. No card to open the cabin door, the wife taking a shower and I was standing there wearing only my boxers. Lucky for me the next person I saw in the hallway was the guy collecting the luggage. I asked him to call down to guest relations and have someone come up and let me in. That was the longest few minutes I’ve ever spent waiting for someone. To top it off others Cruisers were heading back to their cabins. Yikes! The guy from security assured me this wasn’t the first time he has seen this and I told him it probably wouldn’t be his last. When disembarking the next morning he saw me as we were leaving the ship and he gave me thumbs up and a big smile.[/quote]

[quote name='Despegue']This happened to me ...only WITHOUT the boxers:eek::o
During the night, I had to go to the bathroom, was like a zombie and took the wrong door. Before I knew it, Despegue was locked in the hallway as God created him...luckily my wife is a very light sleeper and I managed a quick escape back in:D[/quote]

Oh my!:eek: Thanks so much! I really needed a laugh this morning :D I will take heed and carry my card at ALL times.

[quote name='kelmac']My wife told me not to tell anyone, but I want to know if I'm the only one this has happened too?
On three separate cruises, we've come back to the cabin for the evening and get ready for bed. I shut down most of the lights and get into bed and the next morning I wake up to find that[B] I've gone to sleep on my pillow chocolate [/B]and there is chocolate all over the sheets. Does not look great!:eek:

This past Century cruise it happened (third time) and my wife is incredulous as to HOW I could let this happen again. I had to do my "I'm so sorry" routine for the Cabin Steward for the third time. And of course, I always add a huge "extra tip" for the poor person that has to clean up after me.

Okay, for a very well educated person, I'm an idiot.

Anyone willing to fess up?

Enjoy!
Kel:)[/QUOTE]
You must be a pretty agressive sleeper...

I've fallen asleep on them about five times and they melted to the consistency of liquid but they never opened.... The curent chocolates on Celebrity are very tightly sealed.......

[quote name='cherylroslyn']You must be a pretty agressive sleeper...

I've fallen asleep on them about five times and they melted to the consistency of liquid but they never opened.... The curent chocolates on Celebrity are very tightly sealed.......[/QUOTE]

Hi Cheryl,

It's not unusual for my wife and I to sleep 10 -- 12 hours straight on a cruise ship. We are "out" -- big time! On land, I can't do that.
The sealed chocolates would have helped, but on the Century they still used the old style wrapped candy.

But I do feel better about my [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]Nocturnal thermochocomesses!![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] I'm not the only one.:rolleyes::)

Enjoy!
Kel

[quote name='kelmac']The sealed chocolates would have helped, but on the Century they still used the old style wrapped candy.
Kel[/quote]

The X chocolate in the shot above came from our Century Hawaii cruise we returned from last month so these are on Century. On a couple evening we got Snickers bars but these were in sealed packaging also.:confused:
Perhaps your cabin steward was keeping the good chocolates for him/herself and providing cheap one to their passengers?;) Edited by robtulipe

[quote name='coordinator23']Royal did away with the chocolates a few years ago, and I deeply miss them...[/quote]When I heard that RCI did that, we still had a few RC chocolates in the freezer that I took on our next RCI cruise. I placed one on DW's pillow every evening. About day five someone at dinner remarked about missing the chocolates, and she said "but I'm getting them". Then the light went on, she looked at me and I was no longer able to keep a straight face:D

[quote name='TravelerThom']When I heard that RCI did that, we still had a few RC chocolates in the freezer that I took on our next RCI cruise. I placed one on DW's pillow every evening. About day five someone at dinner remarked about missing the chocolates, and she said "but I'm getting them". Then the light went on, she looked at me and I was no longer able to keep a straight face:D[/quote]
You're really a devil aren't you. :D