LIVE from the RUBY PRINCESS Jan. 13-23, 2014

Pia1913

Welcome aboard the Ruby Princess as we begin our short 5 day Eastern Caribbean cruise, which will be followed by another short 5 day Western Caribbean cruise. It seems like only yesterday that we were on this ship. :) Hey, it was almost yesterday. ;) We got off on December 26th. Boarding was quick and easy; pier 2 and in our cabin by 11:40. And what a cabin this is. Since this cruise is a promotional one wherein we get all our money back, we happily grabbed a PH suite. Let me tell you, I could learn to live this way. But not having unlimited $$$, we will be very happy in the future with our usual balcony and/or obstructed view cabin. In fact, we need to move after these first five days.

For those who are interested in the wine situation, I carried on 2 bottles in my wheelie and one more in my big purse. They asked after xray screening how many bottles I had in my wheelie and I told them two. They didn’t ask about my purse and I didn’t offer info. Then they told me to go over to the table to officially tell about my wine. I didn’t.

Ship’s Officers

Commodore Giuseppe Romano

Staff Capt. Tony Ruggero

Hotel Mgr Guenther Kopf

CD Lee Childers

Maitre D’ Nicola Furlan

Customer Services Jeanine Whitehouse

We’re about ready to do muster, and I wanted to get this started ASAP.

Other than the usual Welcome Aboard Show, tonight’s entertainment is The Wolverine on MUTS. Nothing going on in Fusion except Bingo. Craig Andrews is in Crooners, Icon is in Explorers and G & V Duo in Wheelhouse.

Nothing else to report. Later

Pia, are you getting free Crown Grill tonight? thanks, I'm getting on the day you get off and in a pent house suite as well. Any scoop would be welcome. Then we'll see each other on the Emerald, February 7th or march 28th, I forgot which.

Have a great cruise, or 2or 3.

Pia, are you getting free Crown Grill tonight? thanks, I'm getting on the day you get off and in a pent house suite as well. Any scoop would be welcome. Then we'll see each other on the Emerald, February 7th or march 28th, I forgot which.

Have a great cruise, or 2or 3.

Liz, no. No free specialty dinner on cruises less than 6 days. Already asked. My friend is on a short cruise now out of San Pedro, and the Calif. folks in suites get it.

Bhopal: you are always looking for escargot. :D

I was on the Christmas cruise with you and will be back on Ruby Feb. 20th. I understand the Commodore will be leaving the Ruby before then (and possibly retiring?). If you see him, please say hi from me and that he will be greatly missed. Tell him I sent the photo and poem and he then invited my 82 year old DM and I to the bridge and he will know who I am. I should have grabbed one of those promotional rates and gone the Suite route, but it's back to the Ob View for me! lol Have a great time!!!!! I know you will.

Happy sailaway day Pia! Boo on the no crown dinner, Ron and I are in a freebie suite too on the 23rd and were wondering about the specialty dinner. Saw the little * saying not under six days but not everyone reads the fine print! Oh well!

Still don't have our cabin assignment yet but feel free to leave any left over wine in case we end up in your room when you disembark. :D

Sorry we'll miss you, haven't seen you since 2008! :(

Wishing you and Mike a fabulous ten days :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Forums mobile app

Edited by WendyG

Liz, no. No free specialty dinner on cruises less than 6 days. Already asked. My friend is on a short cruise now out of San Pedro, and the Calif. folks in suites get it.

Bhopal: you are always looking for escargot. :D

pia are they doing anything for the top 40 most traveled?

Just read this on the board and hope that someone on the ship now reads it and gets help for him. Pia, where are you???????

To anyone on Ruby Princess--URGENT! STUCK ON BALCONY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about this but either my cabin attendant locked my balcony door when he turned down my cabin or its stuck but I'm in L107 and can't attract a response by shouting. I'm not in any distress, but would like to be let in. Thanks all. Sorry to be a bother. Will stay online.

Welcome aboard the Ruby Princess as we begin our short 5 day Eastern Caribbean cruise, which will be followed by another short 5 day Western Caribbean cruise. It seems like only yesterday that we were on this ship. :) Hey, it was almost yesterday. ;) We got off on December 26th. Boarding was quick and easy; pier 2 and in our cabin by 11:40. And what a cabin this is. Since this cruise is a promotional one wherein we get all our money back, we happily grabbed a PH suite. Let me tell you, I could learn to live this way. But not having unlimited $$$, we will be very happy in the future with our usual balcony and/or obstructed view cabin. In fact, we need to move after these first five days.

For those who are interested in the wine situation, I carried on 2 bottles in my wheelie and one more in my big purse. They asked after xray screening how many bottles I had in my wheelie and I told them two. They didn’t ask about my purse and I didn’t offer info. Then they told me to go over to the table to officially tell about my wine. I didn’t.

Ship’s Officers

Commodore Giuseppe Romano

Staff Capt. Tony Ruggero

Hotel Mgr Guenther Kopf

CD Lee Childers

Maitre D’ Nicola Furlan

Customer Services Jeanine Whitehouse

We’re about ready to do muster, and I wanted to get this started ASAP.

Other than the usual Welcome Aboard Show, tonight’s entertainment is The Wolverine on MUTS. Nothing going on in Fusion except Bingo. Craig Andrews is in Crooners, Icon is in Explorers and G & V Duo in Wheelhouse.

Nothing else to report. Later

Pia

There is another thread by Wehwait cabin L107. He says he is locked out of his cabin and stuck on his balcony!! I called Princess CA in the hopes they will get a message to the ship. If you read this anytime soon (now 6:50 eastern) can you call pax services to see if Wehwait ok. Thanks and enjoy your cruise. I will be on Ruby feb 20. Looking forward to testing the short cruise.

Kathleen

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Pia...so glad to see your live. Have a great cruise and enjoy that cabin!! Sorry about the dinner :( Hi to Mike :)

I just read about the guy stuck on his balcony where he posted it. Someone has already called Princess in CA and they are sending a message to the ship. Fingers crossed for him!

Please check to see if Wehwalt has been rescued from balcony...his balcony door is locked. He is asking for help....

Pia is probably at dinner. I just called Princess also and advised them. They said they are checking to be sure it's not prank. i told them it wasn't. I truly hope it's not!