Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, its going to get cold down here

Trekker954

Anyone heading down to florida this week/weekend surely bring warm clothes. Sadly I'm actually heading to Port Canaveral for my cruise tomorrow and its going to be extremely chilly (as far as this Floridian is concerned). Weather in the Bahamas won't get up beyond mid 70s. I put my snorkel equipment away. Don't see the need to bring that this weekend. :(

Anyone heading down to florida this week/weekend surely bring warm clothes. Sadly I'm actually heading to Port Canaveral for my cruise tomorrow and its going to be extremely chilly (as far as this Floridian is concerned). Weather in the Bahamas won't get up beyond mid 70s. I put my snorkel equipment away. Don't see the need to bring that this weekend. :(

I'll swap weather with you any time!;)

And here I am in Michigan basking in the heat-wave......we're above freezing!! I actually been running errands wearing only a t-shirt, jeans and a hoodie!! 60 degrees and I'd be in shorts and a tank top!😎

And here I am in Michigan basking in the heat-wave......we're above freezing!! I actually been running errands wearing only a t-shirt, jeans and a hoodie!! 60 degrees and I'd be in shorts and a tank top!

Oops! Warmed back up to 63! Down here you'll see people in parkas when the temp falls under 72.

Reminds me of a few years ago when I got ready to disembark in FLL. The capton anounced that it was 47 degrees. :eek: Away went the shorts and out came the jeans. :D I had booked the Everglades airboat ride before going to the airport. Unfortunately I left my jacket in my suitcase packed in the bus. I was glad to get off the airboat and into the shop for some hot coffee. Even though I am a toughened central Illinoisian. . . That was a chilly day. :D It was still better than being at work. We leave Sat. for FLL but am more prepared this time. :D

You can still bring the snorkel gear, just make sure you pack a pick to crack through the frozen seawater. :D

Seriously, I'm also a soft Florida boy, and those temps wouldn't keep me from snorkeling. Just bring a light windbreaker-style jacket to put on when you get out (I've always done that through my years as an avid scuba diver; I sometimes get some funny looks when I carry that jacket, but post-dive when you're on the boat going to the next site it can get chilly & I've had a lot of people then tell me "that jacket is a great idea")

Reminds me of a few years ago when I got ready to disembark in FLL. The capton anounced that it was 47 degrees. :eek: Away went the shorts and out came the jeans. :D I had booked the Everglades airboat ride before going to the airport. Unfortunately I left my jacket in my suitcase packed in the bus. I was glad to get off the airboat and into the shop for some hot coffee. Even though I am a toughened central Illinoisian. . . That was a chilly day. :D It was still better than being at work. We leave Sat. for FLL but am more prepared this time. :D

Safe travels. We've still got a bit more than a week before we head out to San Juan. Will be glad to get a break from this weather. Snow again this morning.

Oops! Warmed back up to 63! Down here you'll see people in parkas when the temp falls under 72.

I'm dreaming of sunshine....we're in the middle of another snowstorm....dropping an inch an hour! I'm really counting down the days to my cruise......while seriously considering applying for a nursing license in Florida!! 🌴

Good Post! We are sailing out of FLL on Saturday (1/18) and it's only to be a high of 68 which means it will be even colder most of the day. This time, we'll be taking jackets to board.

Looking forward to getting past Florida and the Bahamas and into the warm Caribbean. :)

LuLu

So I'm watching television here at Hyatt PLace, the sun is shining, the palm trees are swaying, and the weather guy is warning everyone to protect their plants and animals and dress in layers because it's going to be cold with a high of only 64. Seriously?? LOL.

That's exactly why I got the four-year degree! Better chances for positions and advancement! ;)

And, the chances for a PA greatly increase with a Masters and PHD. With significant government intrusion into our medical system the number of young superior learners entering medical school is greatly diminishing. The clear wave of the future is RNs and PAs.

And here I am in Michigan basking in the heat-wave......we're above freezing!! I actually been running errands wearing only a t-shirt, jeans and a hoodie!! 60 degrees and I'd be in shorts and a tank top!

I know. We had almost 60 degree weather and we were walking around in short sleeves, no coats. But it was windy so It was not quite as pleasant. It did melt the rest of the snow that we had gotten earlier in the week, when we had sub zero temperatures. :eek: I love the mid-west. One Sunday my pipes freeze and the next Sunday its 59 degrees. Whats up with that.:confused:

Edited by cruzinlisa