Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, its going to get cold down here

Trekker954

I know. We had almost 60 degree weather and we were walking around in short sleeves, no coats. But it was windy so It was not quite as pleasant. It did melt the rest of the snow that we had gotten earlier in the week, when we had sub zero temperatures. :eek: I love the mid-west. One Sunday my pipes freeze and the next Sunday its 59 degrees. Whats up with that.:confused:

Ya know what they say about the Midwest.....if you don't like the weather, wait a couple hours and it will change!

We had -10 degrees F temp with -60 windchill on Tuesday...Saturday it was 59 degrees....one week later we had the snowstorm of all snowstorms...and all the nurses had to be picked up by the local ambulance company as the roads weren't passable! Two days later....melting and now they say the high will be 6 today! :eek:

How I long for 60 degrees for a couple days in a row and sunshine!! 🌞

My AC has been off for three days.

There are people sitting out at the pool. I think they are from up north.:D

Right now there are people swimming in the ocean in Pompano Beach (just north of Fort Lauderdale) - the locals call them 'Canadians'. :) Our pool has women in bikinis sunbathing - must have warmed up some since 2 hours ago they were also wearing hoodies!

LOL! Definitely from Michigan!!!

But, in about 14 days they will have achieved a metabolic adjustment. Interestingly, the yankee snow birds who frequent our neighborhood just jump into our pools during the first few days of their visit. However, after about two weeks they complain if the water temperature is not at least 80.

But, in about 14 days they will have achieved a metabolic adjustment. Interestingly, the yankee snow birds who frequent our neighborhood just jump into our pools during the first few days of their visit. However, after about two weeks they complain if the water temperature is not at least 80.

Trust me....the complaints don't just happen down south! The Snowbirds start to complain if the air temps don't hit 90 by Memorial Day in the North!

Hi!

Being as everyone on here appears to be quite knowledgable, I thought I'd just ask another question here instead of starting a new thread.....😎

Can someone please tell me about Little Havana? Is it just the name for an area like Soho and Hell's Kitchen in NYC? Is it someplace I should visit at least once in my life? Is there a particular restaurant that isn't over the top in price that is recommended....a good, non-touristy bar that's out of the way and quiet where I can drown my sorrows now that my cruise is over🍺...OR is this someplace that you would even recommend visiting at all?

We will be staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell one night post-cruise and I think I've read that Little Havana is close to this hotel. I want to do something different from Bayside Market, which I will be visiting again with the pre-cruise stay as the other three that I will be with have never been to Miami. 😐

We will arrive two days pre-cruise with the intention of pretty much taking the bus to South Beach to spend the day walking and checking out the beautiful people on the beaches and in the sidewalk bars....which then takes South Beach out if the mix for post-cruise visits. Oh, and I gave up on the Key West drive...one in our group doesn't do well with bridges...which would make for one hellish drive 🙀!

Thanks for any and all information! It's so nice to be able to talk with people you've never met...but trust their input! 😉

It would be a heatwave to me. We hit -32 just a week or so ago. You had to have every thing cover as frostbite could hit within about 4-5 minutes. I went to work with 3 layers on (including long johns!)

I remember when we sailed in December of 2010 on the Oasis. We were staying at the Hilton Marina. When we got up that Saturday (boarding day), I wanted to do a small load of laundry before we left. The temperature was around 54, we had shorts and t-shirts on. LOL We saw people in bubble coats, scarves, and mittens! It was a hoot.

:p