What are the laundry room hours on the Royal?

Jetswdo

I don't want to spend a whole sea day doing laundry- will have 1 full load to wash and dry during a sea day (like probobly everyone else) My dh wakes up super early all the time and would have no problem doing the clothes first thing in the morning. So just wondering what exactly are the laundry room hours? Thanks, Anita (will be on the Royal)

I don't want to spend a whole sea day doing laundry- will have 1 full load to wash and dry during a sea day (like probobly everyone else) My dh wakes up super early all the time and would have no problem doing the clothes first thing in the morning. So just wondering what exactly are the laundry room hours? Thanks, Anita (will be on the Royal)

Sadly, there are no self-service laundry rooms on RCI ships. Thus is one of my (only) pet peeves of Royal!

MY dh will hang out then at 7:45 am. As soon as door is opened, he will dump the stuff in. I figure then by 9:30 it will be done. Somewhere I read that it takes 2 dryer cylces for clothes to get dry? So does 9:30 seem about right?

MY dh will hang out then at 7:45 am. As soon as door is opened, he will dump the stuff in. I figure then by 9:30 it will be done. Somewhere I read that it takes 2 dryer cylces for clothes to get dry? So does 9:30 seem about right?

The wash time and drying time is posted on the wall. (not sure the exact time but 25 to wash and 35 to dry? ) The dryers are very hot and only needed one cycle. I did not have jeans..that might make a difference. You swipe your cruise card for tokens for the machines. There is a TV in the laundry room for entertainment!! Pretty crowded in the am if it is a sea day.

I am an early riser (The "One Who Must Be Obeyed" likes to sleep in) and used the laundry just last week on the Royal shortly after 7 a.m. I am not sure that the doors are locked at night, but they may be. I was awake for some two hours before I did the laundry, but waited until then to do it.

There is a laundry toward the aft section of most decks. with access from both the port and starboard sides. I put in a load and then went to the International Café for a quick breakfast. When I put it in the dryer, I sat and read. There is a television, but no remote. I guess that you have to bring your own from the cabin. It only took one dryer cycle for permanent press. I suppose if you really jammed a huge load into the dryer, it might take longer. I finished with everything in about 90 minutes.

My only gripe was that the token machine would not accept my card and I had to call for a crew member to come up and give me tokens.

Edited by tip

I utilized the laundry room despite the fact we were in a full suite. This was due to the long wait times it took to get items returned. I saw fellow cruisers using the laundry room (Dolphin Deck) outside the posted hours. In October it took me two cycles to dry due to using the lower heat cycle. I had heard stories how the higher temp setting was ruining clothes. With this in mind, I didn't want to take any chances. My only small complaint about the laundry was the fact the coin machine, which was tied into the ship's computers, was down on a number of occasions.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

OK. Here is our revised plan of laundry room attack: (LOL)

1. When we board ship and after muster drill, will get in advance tokens.

1. On a sea day, DH will head to laundry room on our deck (Riviera) at 7:00 am. If open fine. If not, will return at 7:30 etc. he will just sit in front and read until open. (He doesn't care as long as he has a book to read)

2. If laundry room is open at 7:00, then according to advice above, will have 1 wash cycle and possibly 2 dry cylces (on medium heat) so I figure by 9:00 he should be finished. If it really is 8:00, then 10:00 at the latest. I usually damp dry my shirts at home and then hang up for rest of day any way so maybe 1 cycle will be good enough!

Thanks for all the valuable information. Sincerely, Anita