What age did you put child in pull-down bed

Laurba99

On liberty of seas I noticed that most rooms did not have pull-out sofas so you really had to figure out what rooms on each deck had the (triangle)

If anyone has photos of cabins with sofas pulled out I would love to see or balcony cabins with bed pulled down. We have a D1 but I would have booked E1 or E2 but no triangle rooms were left. I'm thinking probably was a blessing in disguise as we are now on deck 9 midship not too far from elevator and the room is slightly larger which can't hurt with 3! He is going to be 7 which I know sounds old enough for pulls own but we prefer pullout.

At home, our son is in a raised bed, so at 5 he will be in a pull down starting on Tuesday.:D Worst case scenario, Mommy will be in the pull down.:eek:

....Daddy has been in them as well! :D They are actually quite comfortable and have a safety railing - so I felt secure. ;) Our kids were probably 6 - 8 when they first used them.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Our son slept in a pulldown for a 12 nighter just a few weeks after his 5th birthday. No problems whatsoever. Yes the bed was over about a third of our bed but the ladder is at the foot and there really is no way to "fall out" with the safety railing unless they climb over the top of it.

Ours had just turned 5.

Does your child roll out of bed at home? If no, then do not worry. Just because the bed is raised, they have no more likelihood of falling out then they do from a normal height bed. If yes, there are rails on the bed that should stop them, but I would be leery if my child was a regular roller/faller from a regular bed.

My son was 11 and he LOVED the pullman. I think your son will LOVE it. Worse thing that will happen is he will fall down on your bed below. he will be fine. You might get a knee in the forehead though.

In reality, he will do great there is a bar there as you can see in the pic.

http://img3.sellersourcebook.com/users/1822/fos_cruise_028.jpg

DS was doing flips down from his bed to our bed. It was a playground for him

Yes at 11 it would be an easy decision. I showed this to my husband as a.. See what a good idea we had not getting the pull down lol :)

He is adorable! This trip we have pullout but I see the benefit of this and would consider it maybe the next time or in a few years.

Ours were 4 & 6 on our first cruise in Pullmans. There's no way they can fall out, as someone said there's a rail, they'd have to climb over it to get out.

One thing, because I can't remember which ships did this, is bring a little night light for them. Some of the ships have a little light they can turn on. But we bring a little battery powered one because my youngest doesn't like the dark & it makes him feel better even though we leave the bathroom door open with the light on too.

On liberty of seas I noticed that most rooms did not have pull-out sofas so you really had to figure out what rooms on each deck had the (triangle)

If anyone has photos of cabins with sofas pulled out I would love to see or balcony cabins with bed pulled down. We have a D1 but I would have booked E1 or E2 but no triangle rooms were left. I'm thinking probably was a blessing in disguise as we are now on deck 9 midship not too far from elevator and the room is slightly larger which can't hurt with 3! He is going to be 7 which I know sounds old enough for pulls own but we prefer pullout.

Here is the warning label on the pullman bed:

pullmanbedwarninglabel_zpsa40bfdc2.jpg

Absolutely amazed hat you had a picture of that.:)

I just got off the Independence, and I had an oceanview quad on Deck 2 for four days. I was lying in bed and looked up and saw this big sign. I decided to photograph it for just such a use.

:D

P.S. Having two pullman ladders in the closet was rather annoying. ;)

Thanks!

I wish I could see a room

With soda pulled out in both the E1 (hard to find) and what we have booked D1. On NCL star the room was so small that when my sons bed was out )more

Like sofa chair that unfolded) we could not get to the bathroom or front door. Can't imagine how safe that is?

Thanks!

I wish I could see a room

With soda pulled out in both the E1 (hard to find) and what we have booked D1. On NCL star the room was so small that when my sons bed was out )more

Like sofa chair that unfolded) we could not get to the bathroom or front door. Can't imagine how safe that is?

I have never seen an E1 with a sofabed instead of a pullman.

Which ship, which cabin?

Wow, thanks for the photos! We are on FOS in June and my husband and I have one room, and my kids (11, 9, and 9) and my 16 year old niece will be in a connecting quad room. My kids are going to be fighting over who gets to sleep in the top bunks, they will be switching beds each night. They are very excited!