Navigator...not so luxurious....we are not happy cruisers at the moment

CruiserPK

You are coming across as angry, and seem to take it out on some posters. Your incorrect assumptions come across as fact (my DH worked for about aerospace company in the United States but you have no clue as to his background for example). He isn't even from the U.S.

When someone posts using the words may, possibly, reportedly, could, perhaps and other non definitive words it seems that they are accused of lying, making misstatements, stating something as a fact that is not a fact etc.

We all have the right to post our opinions and no poster has the right to ask another poster to stop posting because we either do not know what we are talking about or because we are thousands of miles away. A simple disagreement post without putting my DH and his opinion down would have sufficed.

I hope that Host Dan allows these posts to remain so that in the future these types of posts will no longer come from anyone ... at any time.

So, hopefully getting back on topic, you disagree with my DH. No problem. Perhaps we can both agree that neither of know what Regent will or will not do. We can only speculate.

Fizzy ... yes, it would be interesting to hear what the General Manager has to say, but I really would love to hear from the engineer on board.

Edited by Travelcat2

I would like to hear back from the OP. Hope he/she wasn't scared off by all the negative and useless responses. Brown water, come on man:eek: Next I'll be told to just ignore the little floaties in the toilet.

Am a bit confused by your post. What useless responses??? Hopefully all responses will give the OP a background on brown water. They could have thought that something much worse than rust was coming out of the sink. While still gross, and can't easily be ignored, hopefully they can enjoy other aspects of the cruise rather than letting it destroy their entire holiday.

We just returned from a less than perfect cruise that could easily have ruined our vacation (high percentage of passengers ill). My DH missed Christmas Eve completely. Another passenger missed New Year's. We did not focus on the negative ... even had some laughs about it and managed to have a nice (not great but nice) cruise. Hope the OP can do the same.:)

Edited to say to rallydave that when I was quoting my husband, it could have come across more definitively than I typically post since I try to avoid definitive words. He was giving an opinion based on materials used on ships ... things I have no understanding of. I do understand Ford heater coils but doubt if that is relative.

Edited by Travelcat2

We (other half and I) intend to have a trip to the Carribean next year and had intended (obviously) to go on Navigator however whatever the cause of the problem, I don't want brown water so with regard to this and all the other problems (perceived or real) with Navigator it looks like we'll be going with Oceania although we've been entirely satisfied with Voyager and Mariner.

Shame really, like TC I'd rather cruise with the egalitarian Regent rather than lines where "the people in the cheap cabins clap their hands and those in the expensive cabins rattle their jewellry! (sic)"

R

Edited by Swyre

We were moved to a new cabin yesterday, downgraded by two categories. We have no idea how long this problem has existed or how widespread it is on the ship. I have seen the weird brownish yellow water in public restrooms. No further comments as we intend to be in touch with Regent when we return home.

We (other half and I) intend to have a trip to the Carribean next year and had intended (obviously) to go on Navigator however whatever the cause of the problem, I don't want brown water so with regard to this and all the other problems (perceived or real) with Navigator it looks like we'll be going with Oceania although we've been entirely satisfied with Voyager and Mariner.

Shame really, like TC I'd rather cruise with the egalitarian Regent rather than lines where "the people in the cheap cabins clap their hands and those in the expensive cabins rattle their jewellry! (sic)"

R

Really appreciate your last sentence. We are going on Oceania to the Caribbean later this year (staying in one of the top suites). We all have decisions to make in life and apparently your decision is the same as ours.

Nobody disagrees that things can and do malfunction-----on land or sea. Having a cabin with brown water would be disturbing at best. The more important thing to me as a customer is...what did they know and when did they know it? If it was a new occurrence, I would be a lot more understanding as the staff worked to make things right. If the problem has been ongoing then the room should not be being sold. I would feel the same if it were air conditioning/heat problems. The onboard personnel can only do so much without corporate support.

Friends on a recent Oceania cruise made comment that there were a lot of kids running amok onboard but they had just as much right to be there having "kid fun". What pissed them off was they were apparently told that it was a PCH president or some big boss whose family was a part of the problem. Mr. Whoever should have set an example from a PR standpoint and taken a cruise on a kid friendly line. It is this corporate attitude from both brands that is becoming annoying. I personally would have not had a problem with the kids but I can see where others might from the standpoint of how and to who the cruises are marketed to.

People like to receive what they feel that they have paid for and it doesn't matter what the product is.

Clearly none of you were raised on well water in a 150 year old house. We leave Friday on the Navigator so will report back on the water ASAP. The last two cruises were good in every aspect. I do wonder if changing ships in the answer to those of you doing so--Is there a guarantee on the other ships that nothing will go wrong?

Right now all I want is warm weather!

Debi

We were moved to a new cabin yesterday, downgraded by two categories. We have no idea how long this problem has existed or how widespread it is on the ship. I have seen the weird brownish yellow water in public restrooms. No further comments as we intend to be in touch with Regent when we return home.

Pam, I know Arlene and I would be just as upset as you over the brown water; however, don't grumble about the downgrade from a Cat D to a Cat F. Make sure they bring your concierge toiletries, coffee pot, etc with you; as long as there is no problem with vibration there is no real downgrade from a Cat D to Cat F.

By the way, any cinnamon ice cream onboard?

I truly hope you and Tom are able to make lemonade during remainder of your trip.

Marc

Edited by Marq

We have over 100 days on Regent and will never return after our horrible sewage experience on Greece trip. They never offered to move us or do anything other than give us a room ionizier.....yuk......have you heard anything good about silver seas Galapagos, don't want to make another mistake with a poor ship. Many people have said bad things about silver sea.....just thought I would ask.

We only drink bottled water and this happens on all lines from time to time, including backed up toilets which can be cleared from the outside of you suite. When this happens we leave the faucet on and it eventually clears up. Of course we notify the HD and stewardess.

Four days is way too long. Does the shower or toilet have brown water? The brown water is harmless just not clear it is just iron as you would get on occasion from a well tank in your home. Even city water can become brown at times.

RachelG and tallship are correct. The water is probably not contaminated... just a bit brown. Drink bottled water and you'll be fine. This is not something that a general manager can fix (or anyone else on board). There are reasons that this happens that was explained to us years ago ..... but still, it is upsetting.

Try to enjoy everything else on the ship.:o

This post is unreasonable, ill thought out and should never have been made. PingPong told the whole story very succinctly and correctly. To say no person aboard can fix the problem is a statement of opinion. Why do you think there is an engineering division aboard? Perhaps you are an engineer with experience in these matters.?:confused:

Edited by AWED23

Really appreciate your last sentence. We are going on Oceania to the Caribbean later this year (staying in one of the top suites). We all have decisions to make in life and apparently your decision is the same as ours.

I see that you found it neccessary to mention that you would be staying in one of the "Top suites". So you will have access to the very exclusive Exectutive Lounge.? I am surprised. Good sailing!...in First Class.:D

This post is unreasonable, ill thought out and should never have been made. PingPong told the whole story very succinctly and correctly. To say no person aboard can fix the problem is a statement of opinion. Why do you think there is an engineering division aboard? Perhaps you are an engineer with experience in these matters.?:confused:

Another angry post. Words such as unreasonable and the rest of the sentence is why, IMO, we have problems on the Regent board. There were two opinions posted ... neither of which were yours. While i may not agree with another poster, far be it from me to tell them that their post should never have been made.

Fizzy (sorry, my Kindle insists on capitalizing your name). I agree 100% about children on board which is why we don't sail during the summer. Our last cruise was an exception ... sailing at Christmas. I more or less feel that we got what we deserved. Will never sAil when kids are likely to be on board again:o

Pam, I know Arlene and I would be just as upset as you over the brown water; however, don't grumble about the downgrade from a Cat D to a Cat F. Make sure they bring your concierge toiletries, coffee pot, etc with you; as long as there is no problem with vibration there is no real downgrade from a Cat D to Cat F.

By the way, any cinnamon ice cream onboard?

I truly hope you and Tom are able to make lemonade during remainder of your trip.

Marc

I agree as well. The suites are identical with the exception of the coffee maker

Cutting through the side trips on this thread.. it would be much more in true Cruise Critic style to help those looking to book future cruises on the Navigator...

..by posting the cabin numbers that are known to have these water/sewage issues.

Can this be done by those who have experienced it?

We have a 2015 cruise booked on the Navigator and, I for one, would like to know if we need to change cabins, since it sounds unlikely that this will be fixed.

Edited by computerworks

Hmm. brown water problem in guests' staterooms...what about elsewhere on board ship? For cooking: does the ship use a special water filtration system?

OP has not returned with updates. Oh WELL.

Edited by 8dimsum

Cutting through the side trips on this thread.. it would be much more in true Cruise Critic style to help those looking to book future cruises on the Navigator...

..by posting the cabin numbers that are known to have these water/sewage issues.

Can this be done by those who have experienced it?

We have a 2015 cruise booked on the Navigator and, I for one, would like to know if we need to change cabins, since it sounds unlikely that this will be fixed.

Computerworks,

We were in a Penthouse A Suite on deck 10 and experienced brown water in the bathroom (sink, bathtub) more often than not on our 12 night cruise on the Navigator in May 2011. We were traveling with two other couples on the same deck and they experienced the gross brown water also. Not pleasant to say the least.

Experienced brownish water once in the sink (ran the water about 30 sec and it was gone) and another day in the tub (again, gone after running the water a bit). We've had it on other non-Regent ships. As long as it doesn't last, we don't worry about it much.

I've experienced it before on the Navigator, very long ago prior to 2006, and on Silver Sea as well, also several years ago. But I was not left feeling ignored or felt I was getting the brush-off either time, either line. Friends have had other experiences, and not so quick a resolution. Sorry, I have no recollection of my cabin number. It was before the major refit of the ship several years ago, which I hoped would solve it.

The important thing is that for now, Cruiser PK has a different cabin, thank goodness! And go from there.

With me, they were attentive and, one time, did some thing through the wall in the hallway. I can only equate it to backwashing a pool, except that requires a hose on my Lawn! Who knows, we all speculate about causes, it could be anything, and I hope by the end of the cruise, the OP will somehow feel made whole with this, without delay, which is entirely between her and Regent. She certainly has enough nights on the line to know this is not a common occurrence.

Edited by jhp

Another angry post. Words such as unreasonable and the rest of the sentence is why, IMO, we have problems on the Regent board. There were two opinions posted ... neither of which were yours. While i may not agree with another poster, far be it from me to tell them that their post should never have been made.

Fizzy (sorry, my Kindle insists on capitalizing your name). I agree 100% about children on board which is why we don't sail during the summer. Our last cruise was an exception ... sailing at Christmas. I more or less feel that we got what we deserved. Will never sAil when kids are likely to be on board again:o

Angry..??? Perhaps you misread my post. I felt that you made a poorly thought out post or should I add IMHO.? I spent too much time below decks to let never mind. There is no reasonable way to disagree with you. That is why this board gets so arbitrary and the Oceania board does not.