Crown & Anchor kids

anaivali

Hi!

Can anyone tell me exactly what benefits they give to children in Crown & Anchor? what is the gift?:)

What level? I'm not sure what you're asking. C&A doesn't give gifts out to everyone. As far as I know no one below D+ gets really anything. DH and I are D and other than the non-alcoholic drink and gift basket (key lime cookies and dried fruit-yuck) the only things we've received is our crystal block for hitting 140 points. The only exception we've had was the Member's cruise on EX in Nov 2012 where we got a gift everyday (wine charms, shoe bags, picture, magnet, things like that), but that was for a special annual cruise.

Edited by BND

All C&A kids receive he same coupons and gifts regardless of thir actual C&A level. The last few cruises our kids have received e tote bags.

Coupons that they get are 10 free Internet minutes, credits for the arcade which are a spend x get x type of coupon, discount for pts at sea and maybe a Johnny Rocketts.

Our kids use the Internet and arcade credits and thats it.

What level? I'm not sure what you're asking. C&A doesn't give gifts out to everyone. As far as I know no one below D+ gets really anything. DH and I are D and other than the non-alcoholic drink and gift basket the only things we've received is our crystal block for hitting 140 points. The only exception we've had was the Member's cruise on EX in Nov 2012 where we got a gift everyday (wine charms, shoe bags, picture, magnet, things like that), but that was for a special annual cruise.

OP asked about kids.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

OP asked about kids.

I understand that, but the question wasn't clear to me. It sounded like they were asking what the kids got as in comparison to the adults.

Are the gifts from the kids program? If so, that's not C&A gifts perse.

Edited by BND

Last few cruises my grandchildren, ages 4-6 have gotten crayons. They are D+ but I think all kids (at least in their age group) get the same thing.

If you don't mind me asking how old we're your kids. I think mine received the crayons a couple of years ago when they were 7 and 9 but now at 10 and 12 have received The tote bags. I just thought hey had changed the gift not that they had different gifts for different ages.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thank you very much!! :D

I refer to the part of members benefits "Youth programme benefits" , obtained at any level:

- An activity and ultimate value booklet with special onboard savings

- commemorative gift

- the same member status as the parents after your child's first completed cruise.

Sorry, my english is bad. :o

If you don't mind me asking how old we're your kids. I think mine received the crayons a couple of years ago when they were 7 and 9 but now at 10 and 12 have received The tote bags. I just thought hey had changed the gift not that they had different gifts for different ages.

Last cruise (last year) they were 5 and 6. My only experience is with the younger ones.

We are diamond and on our new year cruise our son (5) got the bag and on the next week on a different ship nothing. I'm grateful for what we are given but you know how it is with kids the come to expect things and he noticed that there was no gift second week.

Usually we have had crayola twistables which he is very happy with.

Although the bag was very useful to transport newly purchased bucket and spade!

grandchildren dia+?? how long will they hold this status???

They will remain D+ until they become Pinnacle. Their mother is D+. When they reach 18 they will still be D+ but will have only the cruise points they have earned on their own. (Should be D+ on their own by then)

They will remain D+ until they become Pinnacle. Their mother is D+. When they reach 18 they will still be D+ but will have only the cruise points they have earned on their own. (Should be D+ on their own by then)

so if they have only accrued 95 points on their on before they turned 18, when they turn 18 they will no longer be dia+ (lose their mom's status) and have their 95 points only???

so if they have only accrued 95 points on their on before they turned 18, when they turn 18 they will no longer be dia+ (lose their mom's status) and have their 95 points only???

No, as previously mentioned they will retain their status as you can't go backwards - so they will still be diamond plus.

They will only have the 95 points (in your example) so they would be waiting a long time to get to pinnacle.

They retain the D+ status when they turn 18. They are already Diamond on their own (ages 6 and 7) so they will probably be D+ by that time. However, should they not be D+ on their own when they turn 18 they keep the D+ status but would only have the points they have earned....95 using their example. They would have an even longer way to make PC, but still be D+.

No, as previously mentioned they will retain their status as you can't go backwards - so they will still be diamond plus.

They will only have the 95 points (in your example) so they would be waiting a long time to get to pinnacle.

this explains why the CL is always so crowded....... the new generation does not have to earn their dia+ status like most had to.

PS---i know RCCL created this monster.-----but really---

Edited by phish tales

• 9 months later...

I have asked the same question as to a 'kids commemorative gift" on Freedom....The Loyalty Ambass said there isn't any, as well as the Diamond Concierge. (I am dplus but the concierge said 'he only assists the Suite guests")...I am on phone now with RCL questioning it. At first she said the kids get a comm gift if there is something available on the ship. Each ship is different. I said then you need to say that on your website...the website says "Commemorative gift"...not commemorative gift if we have one...No wonder everything I read on CC and FB about kids and their gifts is negative!...Even RCL has no clue what they are doing....Kinda crazy if you ask me!!! LOL

My kids have cruised numerous times and we have never gotten gifts. We are all platinum only though. So the cutoff age is 18 and they will retain the same status as the parents? I thought I had read it was 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My kids have cruised numerous times and we have never gotten gifts. We are all platinum only though. So the cutoff age is 18 and they will retain the same status as the parents? I thought I had read it was 21.

The kids get disconnected from their parents status on their 18th birthday. They retain whatever level their parents had at that point.

My kids have been on 2 cruises since joining C&A and haven't gotten any sort of gift. Not that I care. We don't really need more markers, crayons or junk. I'll see if it's any different on Enchantment in 7 weeks.

Ooh, 7 weeks from today. I should have realized that when I got the Cruise Docs email this morning.

I asked specifically about this on Allure last week as my daughter used to always get crayons and a cute little activity book but nothing on our last couple of cruises and was told that yes, of course she would get something!

That was day 2.

On day 4 after not getting anything I asked again and was told it would be delivered today for sure.

On day 6 I went back again, still nothing was ever delivered, and the LA finally checked the list, confirmed my daughter was on it and what her age was. (Crayons for under 8's and something else for those above).

Finally that night we got the crayons and book delivered.

It's a benefit you're entitled to, but it seems like on some ships and more recently you have to ask if you have not received.