Just off the Noordam: Review

mrluckycharms

Just to clarify about the Explore4: Was there an invitation to the Pinnacle Grill in your cabin when you arrived? Was the Pinnacle exceedingly busy? And how did the beverage card work?

There was no invitation card in our cabin when we arrived. We already had booked and paid for the first night so when we went to down for our reservation we just booked our free dinner at that time. Found the Pinnacle to be pretty empty to be honest. It was our first cruise but from what I had read and heard from friends and family, I expected it to be at least close to full. We ate at 6pm and 6:30pm. Liked the beverage cards and we purchased two others so we never charged our room. Brought two of those curly wrist bands and hole punched our room card and beverage cards. Just handed it to the server with the beverage card in hand and would receive a receipt showing the balance that I just left or threw out.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Too bad about the misses on this sailing and encountering rude passengers. I am also looking at the Noordam for next January when our 19 year old daughter in on her college break!

I'm wondering about the self debarkation, if you or anyone else has insight...If the ship docks at 7AM what time can you physically walk off the ship with your luggage and how long does it take to get through customs and get in line for a taxi (if taxi's are lined up)? And how long does it take to get to the FL airport? We've never done self debarkation and did not pay attention to anyone getting off the ship early on our last cruise.

Thanks in Advance!

Just to clarify about the Explore4: Was there an invitation to the Pinnacle Grill in your cabin when you arrived? Was the Pinnacle exceedingly busy? And how did the beverage card work?

Upon arriving to our cabin, there was laid out on our bed, a note about the explore 4 drink cards and the cards... a card titled " A Gift", inside it said

"you are cordially invited to dinner in the PINNACLE GRILL for 2 as part of your "Explore 4 promotion............. Please make your reservation by dialing 88

or by visiting the restaurant located on deck 2 by the atrium mid ship"

We had no problem making our reservations to our liking, and the restaurant was not busy, I think we ate around 5:30....... hope this helps.

Upon arriving to our cabin, there was laid out on our bed, a note about the explore 4 drink cards and the cards... a card titled " A Gift", inside it said

"you are cordially invited to dinner in the PINNACLE GRILL for 2 as part of your "Explore 4 promotion............. Please make your reservation by dialing 88

or by visiting the restaurant located on deck 2 by the atrium mid ship"

We had no problem making our reservations to our liking, and the restaurant was not busy, I think we ate around 5:30....... hope this helps.

Thanks ! Yes, that helps!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Too bad about the misses on this sailing and encountering rude passengers. I am also looking at the Noordam for next January when our 19 year old daughter in on her college break!

I'm wondering about the self debarkation, if you or anyone else has insight...If the ship docks at 7AM what time can you physically walk off the ship with your luggage and how long does it take to get through customs and get in line for a taxi (if taxi's are lined up)? And how long does it take to get to the FL airport? We've never done self debarkation and did not pay attention to anyone getting off the ship early on our last cruise.

Thanks in Advance!

We did self-debarkation on December 7th from the Westerdam in Fort Lauderdale. We were #3 in line (started to line up around 6:35 AM). There was a bit of a delay in getting ship cleared or the gangway situated (depended on whom you asked). The debarkation was handled by ground personnel and the line up of folks quickly became a mess and in the end it did not matter what your position in line was - they just let anybody hustle for the door.

Anyway, we were off the ship by about 7:20 AM or so and went through what supposedly passes for "immigration". Ha! :D Quick glance at the passport and that was it. Did not even scan them (perhaps because the have the manifest?).

We went straight to a cab and were at FLL airport within a few minutes. We sat at our gate by 8:00 AM or so and were bored and waiting for our 11:00 AM flight. It all worked out well and we would do self-service debarkation again anytime. Safe Travels!

We did self-debarkation on December 7th from the Westerdam in Fort Lauderdale. We were #3 in line (started to line up around 6:35 AM). There was a bit of a delay in getting ship cleared or the gangway situated (depended on whom you asked). The debarkation was handled by ground personnel and the line up of folks quickly became a mess and in the end it did not matter what your position in line was - they just let anybody hustle for the door.

Anyway, we were off the ship by about 7:20 AM or so and went through what supposedly passes for "immigration". Ha! :D Quick glance at the passport and that was it. Did not even scan them (perhaps because the have the manifest?).

We went straight to a cab and were at FLL airport within a few minutes. We sat at our gate by 8:00 AM or so and were bored and waiting for our 11:00 AM flight. It all worked out well and we would do self-service debarkation again anytime. Safe Travels!

Thank You! This thread got buried on the second page yesterday, glad it moved forward and you saw my post!

Thinking about a (cringe!) 10:35 am flight, I know it's a gamble that most would choose not to make and one little hiccup and we're you know what. At least this gives me an idea of real time when all goes well. We never sleep well the last night anyway, we might as well be up and ready to go at 6:30am! Thanks again

Your comments regarding the words Canadian passenger is totally unacceptable in this day and age, if fact very small minded.

I was incensed when I read the comments about "Canadian passengers". After a while, though, I realized the comments said a lot more about mrluckycharms than they did about Canadians :D :rolleyes: :D

Thank you for bringing up smoking on the balcony next to you, we had the same problem with a cigar smoker next to us on a fourteen righter which included the coughing. This also was on the Noordom, front office pleaded with him to no avail, time to move them outside to open deck, I have no objection to some one who wants to kill themselves slowly but not in my backyard.

I was incensed when I read the comments about "Canadian passengers". After a while, though, I realized the comments said a lot more about mrluckycharms than they did about Canadians :D :rolleyes: :D

You know, interesting comments - I have done a number of reviews and live threads - I have seen some obnoxious passengers (haven't we all?) but it has never dawned on me to generalize an entire nationality by the actions of a few.

Unfortunately there are a few bad apples every where - but I have met many wonderful people - and I don't let a few bad apples ruin the barrel :)