Toiletry questions for RCI

Does RCI have any restrictions on the size or amount of toiletries you bring? I hope it is not something absurd like the TSA 3oz size. We will be driving to port for our next cruise and I would like to bring my "regular" items but I did have an experience where one bottle of conditioner burst in a bag before. The lids fasten by friction, not really screwed down. Not fun.

Does anyone recommend made for travel toiletry containers that fasten securely? I don't want to drag a dozen big bottles of toiletries if I don't have to, but 3oz won't cut it either. I suppose I could just put toiletries in their own bag so I don't ruin clothes if this happens again.

What do you other cruisers use? Thanks in advance.

Does RCI have any restrictions on the size or amount of toiletries you bring? I hope it is not something absurd like the TSA 3oz size. We will be driving to port for our next cruise and I would like to bring my "regular" items but I did have an experience where one bottle of conditioner burst in a bag before. The lids fasten by friction, not really screwed down. Not fun.

Does anyone recommend made for travel toiletry containers that fasten securely? I don't want to drag a dozen big bottles of toiletries if I don't have to, but 3oz won't cut it either. I suppose I could just put toiletries in their own bag so I don't ruin clothes if this happens again.

Royal has no restrictions on toiletries.

No restrictions- your showers will have a dispenser of generic hair and body wash, so you will likely need to bring your own items!

One of the the things we do (mainly to ensure we have enough sun screen) is put all our toiletries in a "dry sack"; this is a water proof bag made for people who kayak or go boating alot. They aren't super cheap, but they do hold up better than a typical "plastic bag". We put the stuff in the plastic bag and then in the dry sack, then in a separate pocket of our checked bag.

Another option is carry on only the stuff you only need 3 OZ of, and buy the big shampoo, conditioner and sun screen bottles etc, at your destination. We often stop at Walgreens or Rite Aid before cruising to get those things; we buy a medium bottle cheap, and use it up, or just leave what's left for the crew to use:D

I always take my own toiletries b/c I use specific brands. On a 3/4 nighter I take smaller ones, on long cruises I take bigger ones. You can take what you want, Royal could care less. The toiletries they give me b/c we are D+ I take home and give to my mom who gives them to a VA homeless shelter so they get put to good use.

Let's just say I can bet that no one brings more toiletries than me lol! If we don't fly I usually bring full size bottles because the weight is no an issue. If we fly than I have to downsize. I always put everything into a big zip lock bag and take all the air out of it. Then I put that bag into another zip lock just to be safe. I have never had a problem ( knock on wood) with anything spilling or breaking open. The ship doesn't care how much you bring or what size just airlines. Coming home if I only have a drop of something left over I usually leave it behind. Doesn't make sense to bring a dime size amount of shower gel home. Try and measure what you use at home. Sometimes travel size items are worth it to reduce the weight in luggage just for your own comfort.

• 1 year later...
Royal has no restrictions on toiletries.

Hi Bob... Is this still the case? No size restrictions? I'm particularly concerned about contact lens solution. I told my DH he had to buy a few travel size bottles!!

Thanks,

Eileen

Hi Bob... Is this still the case? No size restrictions? I'm particularly concerned about contact lens solution. I told my DH he had to buy a few travel size bottles!!

Thanks,

Eileen

The airlines care about the size of liquids in carry-on bags, but the cruise lines don't care about that.

My wife brings plenty of full sizes stuff for her and our two girls. She has a small hard suitcase that she puts all that stuff into. We drive to the port so we don't care how many bags we bring, and the small, hard suitcase can easily be set on to of our regular wheeled suitcases when we return and have to go out to our car (if we do not use a porter).

Thanks,

Eileen

NO

NO

NO

There never has been, and there are no restrictions. You can bring a gallon of stuff if you want (no booze). You can bring corkscrews, curling irons, etc etc

Thank you all for your quick responses!

So the only reason I would be putting any of these toiletries in my carry on or backpack would be if I need them PRIOR to checked luggage being delivered to cabin. I think I got it!

Thank u again!!