Deposit $900?!

whataboutport

Is this normal for Celebrity? I thought it was pretty standard for the deposit to be $200pp, or $100/pp if you book onboard. I am really close to booking a sailing but the deposit is $900 for the two of us. I know I don't have a choice, it is what it is. But just curious, is this bc it's a 11 nt sailing?

Is this normal for Celebrity? I thought it was pretty standard for the deposit to be $200pp, or $100/pp if you book onboard. I am really close to booking a sailing but the deposit is $900 for the two of us. I know I don't have a choice, it is what it is. But just curious, is this bc it's a 11 nt sailing?

The deposit is less if you book on board. If you are just calling them

and it is an 11 night cruise? Then yes, it is 450.00 each.

Standard? 7 night cruises are 250.00 each....longer ones are the

higher deposit.

If you are a Captain's Club member then you only pay 50% deposit. I just booked a cruise for Feb 2015 and paid $480 for DH and myself. Our T/A just plugged in our CC #'s and deposit was automatically reduced.

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!!

Cathy

I'm not a member, yet. I sailed once before with my dad in 2001. I have to call him and see if he ever signed up or if he has the info from that trip. Doubt it though. Oh well. No biggie. It's got to be paid off sometime, right?

I'm not a member, yet. I sailed once before with my dad in 2001. I have to call him and see if he ever signed up or if he has the info from that trip. Doubt it though. Oh well. No biggie. It's got to be paid off sometime, right?

Haha, so true, you pay either up front or at final. Had noticed that you'd cruised Celebrity before so figured you were a member...be sure to sign up after this cruise and then you'll only have to pay half deposit for the next cruise!! Have fun!!

Haha, so true, you pay either up front or at final. Had noticed that you'd cruised Celebrity before so figured you were a member...be sure to sign up after this cruise and then you'll only have to pay half deposit for the next cruise!! Have fun!!

That's not necessarily the case. The regular deposit for captain's club members is still $450.00 a person on longer cruises and it's sometimes reduced for CC members if there is a "Special". For example with the current 123 Sale

If your dad doesn't have the info you need sign up now as a 'preview' member, you no longer need to have cruised before you can join the Captains club.

Here is the link: Preview member

Cheers, h

Preview Member Benefits

As a Preview Member, you'll receive our Captain's Club Newsletter to get an insider's look at everything new with Celebrity. You'll also have access to the exclusive Captain's Club area of our website where you'll learn about our recognition and rewards programs.

Then, once you've enjoyed your first Celebrity vacation, you'll be upgraded to a Classic member and be eligible for exclusive member offers, elevated onboard benefits, and special events.

Just remember, when booking, to include your Captain's Club member number to ensure you earn Club Points for your cruises in our recognition and rewards programs.

That's not necessarily the case. The regular deposit for captain's club members is still $450.00 a person on longer cruises and it's sometimes reduced for CC members if there is a "Special". For example with the current 123 Sale

Just had to check on that one and I see that we got the discounted deposit as part of the 123promo...thanks for clarifying that RTLS!! I stand corrected!

Cathy

Edited by Barwick Cruiser

Well that's weird then because we just booked a 14 night cruise for Feb 2015 and paid a total of $480 for both of us (slightly more because of the Cdn$). I thought one of the new perks for CC members was 50% deposit on all bookings. When you say longer cruises do you mean longer than 14 nights?

There are current promotions that include a 50% deposit benefit. Perhaps you qualified for it and automatically got the benefit.

Edited by SantaFeFan