Smoke reported on magic

vols_159

I read on another blog from a person who was on the ship and on the same floor. The smoke was from some stupid passenger stuffing a towel in a vent to make the room hotter with the heat on. This caused the system to overheat and smoke. People thought there was a fire due to water seen in the corridor but it was an unrelated event of a shower in one of the cabins backing up.

I read on another blog from a person who was on the ship and on the same floor.

The smoke was from some stupid passenger stuffing a towel in a vent to make the room hotter with the heat on.

This caused the system to overheat and smoke. People thought there was a fire due to water seen in the corridor

but it was an unrelated event of a shower in one of the cabins backing up.

Thereby proving that very often

the most dangerous thing on your cruise ship is idiot passengers doing dumb things

like not washing their hands/properly -and stuffing towels into heating vents!!

The OP doesnt sail Carnival but likes to stir the pot:rolleyes:

How am I stirring the pot ? It was a headline on this very site.. And it's not that I don't sail carnival I Havnt yet.. I will soon tho one of my next 2 cruises.. Only 2 lines I'm interested in sailing ncl and carnival..

I read on another blog from a person who was on the ship and on the same floor. The smoke was from some stupid passenger stuffing a towel in a vent to make the room hotter with the heat on. This caused the system to overheat and smoke. People thought there was a fire due to water seen in the corridor but it was an unrelated event of a shower in one of the cabins backing up.

How would it make the room hotter by stuffing a towel in the vent? With the heat on.. That would block the heat

How would it make the room hotter by stuffing a towel in the vent? With the heat on.. That would block the heat

I"m glad you asked that question, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to speak up in case I was missing something that was probably very obvious. N

Or it is possible that someone idiotic enough to stuff a vent might have felt cool air coming out during a brief heat-off interval and decided to eliminate the draft by stuffing the vent. It is unlikely that stuffing an outgoing vent (if there were any) would cause heat buildup beyond what a sensor could tolerate.

It is also possible that he/she felt their room was too warm!

Edited by billie5