Window suites - which ships?

Hazelnut1106

The Caribbean, Golden and Grand all have window suites. These are located on the Fiesta deck close to the Princess theater. They are a great way to take advantage of the suite perks on the ship with out pay more for suite with balcony. I have stayed in these suites a couple of time and will be again on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of weeks.

After reading both threads, I am quite intrigued by the WS option. But one big question: is there still a curtain or other divider between the bed and couch areas?? DH and I keep different hours, and we need the "suite" effect of two rooms.

After reading both threads, I am quite intrigued by the WS option. But one big question: is there still a curtain or other divider between the bed and couch areas?? DH and I keep different hours, and we need the "suite" effect of two rooms.

No curtain in the WS I have seen.

Mike:)

The downside to Window suites, 1- If the sea is rough, really hear the waves hitting against the hull. 2-The ship's stabilizer makes noise at times. 3-People running on the promenade desk above you. 4- Smoke smell from Churchill bar if the forward door is open

Edited by skidroe

The downside to Window suites, 1- If the sea is rough, really hear the waves hitting against the hull. 2-The ship's stabilizer makes noise at times. 3-People running on the promenade desk above you. 4- Smoke smell from Churchill bar if the forward door is open

Yes, there is a chance that the stabilizers will make some noise. If you are further back (F311), this is minimized.

Never heard anyone running above on the Promenade Deck. I'm sure it is possible. Most everyone up there are walkers.

Never smelled smoke from the Churchill bar. This was a major concern for me. Yes, you will smell the smoke if you are in the little passageway to the Princess Theater. Normally their Starboard doors are closed and there is an additional door to the Window Suites Hallway.

Here is another lessor known perk....there are additional bathrooms right outside the suites (women's is just down the hall). This can be quite an advantage!

Edited by cr8tiv1

We just had our first WS on Grand (311) to Alaska and loved it. They are usually too high priced for us but this time almost the same as the mini so we took it. Sabatini's is the best perk - plus being able to order off the dining room menus for all meals. I hope we get to do this again - spoiled us for sure.

Yes, there is a chance that the stabilizers will make some noise. If you are further back (F311), this is minimized.

Never heard anyone running above on the Promenade Deck. I'm sure it is possible. Most everyone up there are walkers.

Never smelled smoke from the Churchill bar. This was a major concern for me. Yes, you will smell the smoke if you are in the little passageway to the Princess Theater. Normally their Starboard doors are closed and there is an additional door to the Window Suites Hallway.

Here is another lessor known perk....there are additional bathrooms right outside the suites (women's is just down the hall). This can be quite an advantage!

We had the same exact experience (and room - F311) as you did. We loved the Window Suites and have booked them for our 3 upcoming Princess cruises in October. Fabulous room, great perks and a price that compares to minisuites (which we usually get). We love balconies, but are sometimes willing to give up the balcony for the wonderful suite/sweet life! ;) (And the 2 cruise credits!).