Island P. question

gisnered

We're thinking about a cruise through the Panama Canal and are considering the Island Princess. I have been checking out the reviews and relevant posts in the forums as well as the specifics for several dates on the Princess site and I've come across a minor peculiarity that I can't find an answer to. It's no biggie, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable about Princess can answer. On the "Island Princess Activities" page, subhead "Pools & Spas" the third bullet item reads "Pirate’s View hot tub and splash pool". Can't find such a feature anywhere on the deck plans and am wondering if the "PVHT and SP" are a "used-to-was" item or a "soon-to-be".

I did try a search but the only thing that came up were several quips about Somali pirates. :D

Thanks

Edited by gisnered
syntax

We're thinking about a cruise through the Panama Canal and are considering the Island Princess. I have been checking out the reviews and relevant posts in the forums as well as the specifics for several dates on the Princess site and I've come across a minor peculiarity that I can't find an answer to. It's no biggie, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable about Princess can answer. On the "Island Princess Activities" page, subhead "Pools & Spas" the third bullet item reads "Pirate’s View hot tub and splash pool". Can't find such a feature anywhere on the deck plans and am wondering if the "PVHT and SP" are a "used-to-was" item or a "soon-to-be".

I did try a search but the only thing that came up were several quips about Somali pirates. :D

Thanks

I know there used to be a splash pool above the Horizon Court buffet forward.

I know there used to be a splash pool above the Horizon Court buffet forward.

Eureka! Perhaps it's an old name for the the Splash Pool on Sports Deck - but then where is the hot tub?

Mysteries, mysteries! :confused: :D

I'll bet you dollars-to-donuts that the "Pirate's Pool" is the aft pool in the Sanctuary area. We were ALL over that ship when we cruised except for the Sanctuary space since we didn't pay for that.

The Island Princess is a great ship and the Panama Canal cruise is wonderful. The best pool is the Lotus Pool. It was quiet with comfortable seats and never crowded.

We have booked for the 1st May transit through to Vancouver and are looking forward to a 'new' ship for us.

I believe I have been told that the cost for the Sanctuary on the transit canal day is more than the usual cost?

We have booked for the 1st May transit through to Vancouver and are looking forward to a 'new' ship for us.

I believe I have been told that the cost for the Sanctuary on the transit canal day is more than the usual cost?

i wouldn't book the sanctuary on transit day. you'll want move about the ship, maybe even for a coffee on deck 5 to see the graffiti on the lock walls.

you will love the Island. indoor pool :D

Thanks

I believe that is an error. The Pirate's View hot tubs and splash pool are aft on Sports deck (17) on the Caribbean. On the Star they are called The Oasis hot tubs and splash pool.

The aft pool on the Island and Coral that is in the Sanctuary now used to be called the Youth Center Pool.

We found the Sanctuary to very hot on the slow transit day. Would not do it again. Agree with wanting to move around the ship. The forward viewing areas through the "secret" doors

are great.

Thanks for the advice money saved (can have a couple of cocktails while we transit instead.

Pictured here

980B08681112SplashPooldeck16DSC01567_zps67210898.jpg

Thanks. I've seen pics of the Sanctuary but not this little gem. Still wondering about the hot tub, but I guess it's gone the way of all things and no one remembers.

The other thing that intrigues and amuses me is the "Pirate" imagery - something from a completely different era.

Thanks, all.

Thanks. I've seen pics of the Sanctuary but not this little gem. Still wondering about the hot tub, but I guess it's gone the way of all things and no one remembers.

The other thing that intrigues and amuses me is the "Pirate" imagery - something from a completely different era.

Thanks, all.

As I posted above, the Pirate's View hot tubs and splash pool are aft on Sports deck (17) on the Caribbean. The aft pool on the Island and Coral that is in the Sanctuary now used to be called the Youth Center Pool. Never were hot tubs there or by the Splash Pool forward on Sports deck (16). The Princess information is wrong. Now that has never happened before, has it ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app