B To B But Different Ships

Dave from Ont

I became elite in Sept. of 2011. When I boarded my next cruise in January of 2012, the system didn't recognize me as elite, probably b/c when I booked, I was only select.

I was rather flabbergasted. The CC hostess, Karena, was lovely and did of course fix our status; but we had already not received the correct coupon offers and welcome letter, and our key card had the wrong status. All easily corrected, but I never dreamt it wouldn't happen automatically. And who wants the annoyance of having to request what you already should've received? Not I.

I don't want to hear this;) At this very moment I am anxiously awaiting credits I have earned which would put me in a higher CC category in time, I hope, to give me the benefits on a TA next month. I doubt an angel of a CC hostess will be helping me, if they don't appear. Maybe a real angel will intervene

We just did this in February, went from independence to oasis and checked at customer service and they has a big bus that shuttled us from one ship to the other free of charge, we were the only 2 that got off at oasis, they had a few other people on the bus they were taking to airport

I don't want to hear this;) At this very moment I am anxiously awaiting credits I have earned which would put me in a higher CC category in time, I hope, to give me the benefits on a TA next month. I doubt an angel of a CC hostess will be helping me, if they don't appear. Maybe a real angel will intervene

I suggest you make sure on line before you depart that your status is correct after your credit appears. I have no doubt that if your on line credits/status is correct the angel of a CC host will take care of you. But if it was me I would call CC to make sure my reservation matches my on line status before I cruise.

we just did this exact thing in February. but on RCI. it was easy peasy...and RCI does call it a B2B. go to guest services and ask to be last off, they will give you new luggage tags. when you get off get a orrter and tell him you are going to get a cab to other terminal. he will bring you to cab and explain to driver. the wait at the other port was like 35 minutes...truly very easy. it was in fort Lauderdale too. they porters called us "jumpers" lol

It was easy for her to do, but had she not done it, you might not have been recognized as Elite on the second half. I have had similar problems twice in the last year and had to spend a lot of time trying to iron things out with Celebrity headquarters. And there's no place to sit when you're using the concierge's phone. :( She did you a big favor.

I agree that if she had not done it we would not have been recognized, nor would we have expected to be in such a short time. That was why I mentioned it to her. I always check on line to see that the credits are added correctly, and it seems to take about a week these days, although I am not concerned until we have another cruise booked, in which case I would get it sorted out before departure.

Edited by smtcan

I suggest you make sure on line before you depart that your status is correct after your credit appears. I have no doubt that if your on line credits/status is correct the angel of a CC host will take care of you. But if it was me I would call CC to make sure my reservation matches my on line status before I cruise.

Believe me, I've already been on the horn with the CC and I've been told to wait until the end of March. There are a good number of us in the same situation, and the credits, we are told, have to be added manually.

Believe me, I've already been on the horn with the CC and I've been told to wait until the end of March. There are a good number of us in the same situation, and the credits, we are told, have to be added manually.

Good luck

We have friends who, a couple of weeks ago, sailed out of Port Everglades on Liberty OTS and when they disembarked, they transferred to Oasis OTS the same day. They told us they took the port shuttle, and it transported them and all their luggage with no problem. You might want to contact Port Everglades to inquire about the shuttle.

This is interesting information. Thanks !

We have friends who, a couple of weeks ago, sailed out of Port Everglades on Liberty OTS and when they disembarked, they transferred to Oasis OTS the same day. They told us they took the port shuttle, and it transported them and all their luggage with no problem. You might want to contact Port Everglades to inquire about the shuttle.
I personally transferred from Independence to Allure two months ago. At the suggesstion of Guest Relations, we used the RCI contracted airport shuttle which left Independence with paying passengers for FLL, dropped us and others at Allure at no cost, and picked up paying airport transfers to FLL from Allure. Port Everglades did not operate this RCI bus. PE does run shuttles to & from on-port parking; it is possible to use this to parking and then on another bus to the next ship, but this is more of a hassle. Possible that PE has ship-to-ship shuttles, but I couldn't find them.

Thom