B To B But Different Ships

Dave from Ont

We will be coming off the Century and going to the Silhouette in February. Have seen lots of advice and topics about doing B to B on the same ship but not 2 different ships. Has anyone out there ever done this before? Any advice on what is the easiest way to do this. Did you just take a cab in the port area to the next ship? Any help would be appreciated to alleviate any problems. Thanks in advance.

By the way, we are on the same ship together:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41399456#post41399456

I believe another couple is making the same switch as you are. Ask the question on board at the Cruise Critic get together.

Same deduction… about 4 and 25.

We disembarked the Century 17 days ago and we were at Pier #4, and looking across the harbor, the Silhouette was over at #24 (embarkation Pier)/ #25 (disembarkation Pier).

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We did a B2B on the Constellation and Reflection in Miami. We stayed on the Connie as long as we could enjoying the coffee shop. Walked off the ship, got our luggage, went thru customs, then changed luggage tags and walked to the Reflection. We walked up to a luggage porter and gave him our luggage for check in and then got in line for check in. It was fairly easy. Not any different than walking to any other area with your luggage in tow.

We asked on board if they could do the transfer of luggage but that service wasn't available.

.🌴🍸🍻🌴

We asked on board if they could do the transfer of luggage but that service wasn't available.

It's like arriving in a US airport, luggage has to be transported by the owner.

Port Everglades is not as easy as some Miami ship swaps. When we were on Millennium a couple of years ago, Eclipse was docked right behind us. The same terminal allowed passengers to go left to Eclipse, right to Millennium.

Last month, we completed our Reflection cruise (Miami) and boarded the Constellation (Ft. Lauderdale) on the same day. Celebrity provided complimentary transfers. We did have to wait until our bus had dropped off all airport passengers...then we were delivered right to the ship. I did have to inquire early during the first cruise so that plans could be made (approval from Miami office?). Guest relations and/or Captain's Club can assist.

Laura

Last month, we completed our Reflection cruise (Miami) and boarded the Constellation (Ft. Lauderdale) on the same day. Celebrity provided complimentary transfers. We did have to wait until our bus had dropped off all airport passengers...then we were delivered right to the ship. I did have to inquire early during the first cruise so that plans could be made (approval from Miami office?). Guest relations and/or Captain's Club can assist.

Laura

This is one of the complaints that I have with Celebrity (not too many since we keep on coming back). Both our TA and I placed calls to Miami about transfers and we were told NO. We had Reflection booked for February and we switched to Oasis for ease of moving between ships in Port Everglades.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Will keep tabs on this thread just in case there are other suggestions. We will check with guest relations and the CC concierge once we board. Most have suggested just taking a cab, we will probably do that. And of course, make it worth the cabby's while. Thanks again. Dave From Ontario.

I have a cruise that ends on a Friday and another that leaves on Saturday from the same port. I asked our TA about what would Celebrity do to accommodate the day difference? In the past Celebrity would provide transportation and overnight lodging. Celebrity's response was that that policy was stopped as of April of 2013. Captains club said "they would see what they could do". This doesn't happen till the fall for us, so we're still waiting.

Keep you posted,

Hal

We are doing this in February/March on the Eclipse/Silhouette. Celebrity are covering the room and the transfers this time (which were booked before March 2013) but I am drawing a blank when I asked them about our 2015 cruises. According to Celebrity UK they have never done that. The 2014 cruises were booked via a US agent but I suspect that doesn't make much difference.

The Silhouette will probably be at terminals 24 and 25. If Century is around berth 4 which I have seen other Celebrity ships at, it is quite a walk and with cases too far. We did it on a true B2B last November and walked all the way to the shops at Las Olas. It takes around an hour to get to the port gates from where Silhouette usually berths.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

We did this moving from Oasis to Infinity in Fort Lauderdale. We left the ship at 9:30 and took a taxi. We asked the taxi driver to take us first to the Infinity berth and wait for us to drop the luggage. The taxi then took us, free of luggage, into Fort Lauderdale to walk around the mall for a few hours. We then took a cab back to the port for embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are doing this in February/March on the Eclipse/Silhouette. Celebrity are covering the room and the transfers this time (which were booked before March 2013) but I am drawing a blank when I asked them about our 2015 cruises. According to Celebrity UK they have never done that. The 2014 cruises were booked via a US agent but I suspect that doesn't make much difference.
Hmmmm, maybe it is a matter of which agent you happen to ask.

Our most recent such transfer experience took place on your side of the pond. Just last year in the UK they comped our transfer from the first ship to London, the overnight hotel room in London at the DoubleTree including breakfast, and then the transfer from London back to the port the next day.

Handling such transfers between cruises appeared to be a routine procedure for the UK people we encountered, at the port and at the hotel as well. It all went very smoothly.

We also had originally booked directly via a US agent, but later transferred our reservations to a travel agency for additional perks.

However, we made sure to have the ground transfers in place with everything all lined up before we transferred the booking to the TA, not wanting to complicate matters by needlessly involving a third party.

Don't know whether or not you are using a travel agent, but our travel agent was never involved with our ground transfers between the cruises at all.

We were disappointed to learn they will no longer be doing that, but now we are finding out that people are getting conflicting answers as to whether or not the cruise line will still comp such transfers in the future.

Edited by fleckle

Hmmmm, maybe it is a matter of which agent you happen to ask.

Our most recent such transfer experience took place on your side of the pond. Just last year in the UK they comped our transfer from the first ship to London, the overnight hotel room in London at the DoubleTree including breakfast, and then the transfer from London back to the port the next day.

Handling such transfers between cruises appeared to be a routine procedure for the UK people we encountered, at the port and at the hotel as well. It all went very smoothly.

We also had originally booked directly via a US agent, but later transferred our reservations to a travel agency for additional perks.

However, we made sure to have the ground transfers in place with everything all lined up before we transferred the booking to the TA, not wanting to complicate matters by needlessly involving a third party.

Don't know whether or not you are using a travel agent, but our travel agent was never involved with our ground transfers between the cruises at all.

We were disappointed to learn they will no longer be doing that, but now we are finding out that people are getting conflicting answers as to whether or not the cruise line will still comp such transfers in the future.

I would be very interested if you found out. I presumed that the difference was due to booking in US rather in the UK.

I don't know whether the UK people are being totally up front as they say Celebrity UK has never done this. Can anyone let me know if that is the case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It has been done (in theory) although not without difficulty. Last spring we had a B2B on Infinity, followed by 5 days on Connie, followed by one day later, TA ON RCL Independence back to the UK. After the usual "we don't do this" replies from Celebrity we eventually managed to speak to a lady (Pat?) on the "hotels desk" who put in a request to Miami which was agreed. We duly received transfer vouchers and hotel voucher on the RCL booking. Checking with guest relations on Connie got assurances that we would be met outside which didn't happen, the bus captain eventually getting us a transfer from Miami via FLL airport to the hotel which did have a room in our name, transfer back worked because we just joined the scramble with everyone else - no names taken, just all for Indie on this bus!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

One agent I spoke with regarding my disembarkation from the Connie, embarkation same day on the Century, recommended taking the shuttle to the parking garage from the Connie, then getting on the shuttle to the Century.

That's our plan right now.

Happy, safe travels, everybody!

• 1 month later...

I promised to resurrect this thread for anyone who may search on here again.

We got back earlier this week from a B2B on Allure and then Silhouette. We asked onboard Allure whether there would be a free transfer and they said only between RC ships.

We looked at the pathway between the ships and asked questions of people in port and it just isn't easy to walk - some area with no walkway and a long distance, usually in the heat.

In the end we took a cab which cost us $10. But you should let the cab driver know what you intend to do. If you just get into a cab and they put it on the meter it will cost around $4 but the driver has to then go all the way outside the port and rejoin the cab line. Our driver was grateful that we told him what we wanted so at least he got a fair price.

in Port Evergladw

We will be coming off the Century and going to the Silhouette in February. Have seen lots of advice and topics about doing B to B on the same ship but not 2 different ships. Has anyone out there ever done this before? Any advice on what is the easiest way to do this. Did you just take a cab in the port area to the next ship? Any help would be appreciated to alleviate any problems. Thanks in advance.

We did exactly that in December-from the Connie to the Eclipse in Port Everglades. Celebrity provided a free bus, as there were quite a number of us, but there was a half hour wait to board it. Maybe this is uncommon but it worked well for all of us including a couple who was dragging scuba gear. Some passengers took cabs, rather than wait for the bus.

Edited by BosoxI

It is too bad that Celebrity and Royal Caribbean will no longer comp such transfers the way they have done in the past.

I agree. Next year we disembark the Silhouette in Port Everglades and the same day we embark the Eclipse in Miami. We were hoping that Celebrity still was providing the transfer. Too bad.

We did this a couple of years ago when we got off an Eclipse TA and onto Century for a short Caribbean cruise. Luckily for us, the ships were moored next to each other, so we walked with our suitcases quite easily. We had asked for help before we knew how close the ships would be, but Celebrity was not interested n accommodating us. After the first cruise we reached Elite, and the Captain's Club Host made sure we had the status accepted on Century, but apart from that there was no assistance.

Sheila

We have friends who, a couple of weeks ago, sailed out of Port Everglades on Liberty OTS and when they disembarked, they transferred to Oasis OTS the same day. They told us they took the port shuttle, and it transported them and all their luggage with no problem. You might want to contact Port Everglades to inquire about the shuttle.

Why do you say that the CC host did them a favor. They were Elite after the first cruise, correct?

Yes, technically they were Elite, but the Celebrity system allows 14 days for the points to be registered. That being the case, the computer wouldn't have shown them as being Elite on the second half of the back to back. So the host did them a big favor.

Yes, technically they were Elite, but the Celebrity system allows 14 days for the points to be registered. That being the case, the computer wouldn't have shown them as being Elite on the second half of the back to back. So the host did them a big favor.

If we had done B2B on the same ship we would have been recognized as elite on the second cruise. The CC host didn't make a big deal out of it, she just said she would email the other ship for us. We appreciated her help and thanked her, but it didn't seem like a major favour.

I became elite in Sept. of 2011. When I boarded my next cruise in January of 2012, the system didn't recognize me as elite, probably b/c when I booked, I was only select.

I was rather flabbergasted. The CC hostess, Karena, was lovely and did of course fix our status; but we had already not received the correct coupon offers and welcome letter, and our key card had the wrong status. All easily corrected, but I never dreamt it wouldn't happen automatically. And who wants the annoyance of having to request what you already should've received? Not I.

I believe Karena is not still around, which is a loss to Celebrity. She was outstanding.

If we had done B2B on the same ship we would have been recognized as elite on the second cruise. The CC host didn't make a big deal out of it, she just said she would email the other ship for us. We appreciated her help and thanked her, but it didn't seem like a major favour.

It was easy for her to do, but had she not done it, you might not have been recognized as Elite on the second half. I have had similar problems twice in the last year and had to spend a lot of time trying to iron things out with Celebrity headquarters. And there's no place to sit when you're using the concierge's phone. :( She did you a big favor.