Celebrity web site

neeko

Is anyone else having trouble with Celebrity's web site? It seems if you want to look at the deck plans etc. it is not available. I know they have been "updating" their site but come on its been over a month.

Alas, it's been many months. New glitches constantly appear.

For deck plans there are some travel agencies that have them on their sites. It's against Cruisecritic rules to name any specifically but if you google "Celebrity

Deck Plans" you should find some you can view.

Too many issues with the Celebrity website to list. They come and they go, they get fixed and new ones arrive.

One of my Pet Peeves is when you save a cruise so you can keep an eye on it, half the time when you come back it says that itinerary is no longer available (and it is). Oh well.

As they say, First World Problems.

Is anyone else having trouble with Celebrity's web site? It seems if you want to look at the deck plans etc. it is not available. I know they have been "updating" their site but come on its been over a month.

I use another site to look at the deck plans, even if it was working the ones on X are so small I can't read the cabin numbers, which is what I usually look up, best bet is to google "celebrity shipname deck plans" and chose a site that is not X's.

Celebrity has a web site? Could have fooled me. The last time I was able to use it was when we booked our cruise way back in September. After I made an on-line payment that never got processed I've had to rely on phone calls.

Call to add insurance. Call to make final payment. Today I tried to call to arrange airport/ship transfers and was told the wait was 30 minutes. Hung up and called back in 10 minutes. Had a 1 minute wait and did the transaction.

With all the reliance on technology I am wondering if the Reflection will end up cruising to Cleveland instead of San Juan.

Not only the website but the entirety of technology!

I got tired of waiting on hold so I tried the "we'll call you" button. Yes, I got a call back within 1 minute, but got a recording that said there was a "fatal error" and was disconnected!! :eek:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having problems. I'm trying to research cruises for 2015. I can get search to work for itineraries but get "page not found" when I try to click on ship, deck plans, or cabins. I thought I'd try a "fake" booking to figure out what cabins were available for a couple itineraries that look promising, but it wouldn't let me do that last night.

Real kicker was when I finally gave up in frustration and went to close the website, I got a invitation to take a survey about the website. I clicked yes, but the survey was basically worthless. It asked on a scale of 1 - 10, how would I rank the website. I gave it a 1 and expected another screen asking about ways to improve so I could document the problems I had experienced. NOPE! That was it. No place to enter any real feedback.

X's website is not the place I go when researching cruises. I go to ANY TA's site and get much better information - including little flashy dots telling me which cabins are available.

I know X monitors these boards. They HAVE to know that we're frustrated with the website, yet they don't really seem to care. :(

X's website is not the place I go when researching cruises. I go to ANY TA's site and get much better information - including little flashy dots telling me which cabins are available.

I know X monitors these boards. They HAVE to know that we're frustrated with the website, yet they don't really seem to care. :(

Why should they care? The sheeple are filling their cabins regardless of the terrible web site. Now excuse me while I try once more to get luggage tags. ;(

Edited by BosoxI

Here is a deck plan site that can be mentioned on these boards...www.cruisecritic.com :) .........
...furthermore it is easy to substitute the name of whichever ship you want by typing over it in the address bar

such as

www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-reflection-deck-plans/dp/

www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-eclipse-deck-plans/dp/

www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-infinity-deck-plans/dp/

www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-summit-deck-plans/dp/

and so on

I was reading through this post hoping someone would mention the Cruise Critic deck plans before I had to post the info.

A poll was done on the use of CC's deck plans and the most popular comment was they were too hard to find and access.

In the hopes that Cruise Critic is monitoring the poll, please go to the thread vote, and comment so this valuable resourse may become more uses friendly.

Cheers, h.

I've been trying to book excursions for over a month and have gotten the "due to website updates this feature cannot be displayed.".... "website updates"? If that wasn't so pathetic, I would laugh.

I got the same error when trying to book spa treatments and that was back in March! I ended up not booking once I got on the ship and had lots to do. They are losing money with such a poorly managed website.

As others said, their website is a disaster. Regarding shore excursions, I got tired of trying to even SEE what they were, never mind BOOK them on-line so I just called Celebrity and had them send me a file with the shore excursions for my sailing. Then I had to call to book.

Thanks for the clue - will call. Have been trying to access excursions for the last week and it just never works. No wonder there's the need for private excursions, as they are surely simple to see and book, in comparison.

I suppose it would be ridiculous to ask if the site has emergency contact information for someone who has to get in touch with a passenger?

It does: Click the "Staying in Touch" then "Phone" links on this page: http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_during_cruise

And you'll get the following information:

Friends and family can contact the ship by calling 877-266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call 321-953-9002. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute. This can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S., additional long distance charges will also apply.

We always just leave the info, along with our travel itinerary, with close family so it won't be hard to find in an emergency - which is the only time I could imagine someone calling the ship through that method. I usually tell them that in in emergency to first try texting us, then try calling our cell phones and only then to try calling the ship.

A month? Celebrity has been having off and on problems with their web site for years. They apparently have never hired anyone who follows good discipline and procedures for advance testing before putting changes through live despite the never ending chain of problems.

One suggestion is to try a different browser. Among their issues is that changes sometimes don't work with all browsers. Choose between the three popular browsers or more (Chrome, Firefox and either Safari or Internet Explorer depending on your computer or tablet). Also, I've found that the latest versions of Internet Explorer don't work on some of their pages.

Edited by Lsimon

Ever since I made final payment I haven’t been able to access the reservation for our second leg of our B2B Cruise. No problem with accessing the first leg prior to and after final payment. Multiple phone calls with my complaint and nothing but lip service in return! Celebrity needs to hire some real IT geeks.

Edited by davekathy