When is the best time to book a cruise

When is the best time to book a cruise to get the best price.

We have a future cruise certificate that we can use.

Is the best price when you are on a ship? We also have balcony upgrade option.

Sue

My experience is book as soon as the date is offered. You have the best cabin selection and usually the best price. If the price goes down before final payment you can get it.

The "other" best time to book is 10 to 65 days prior to sailing for those fill the ship with new booking only offers. Down side is cabin selection and it may not happen.

Sometimes you just get lucky. So, the real best time to book is right now! Enjoy :)

We always book as soon as we see one that appeals to us at the right price. That way, we don't have to worry about price increases. If the price goes down, we can get the lower price or an upgrade depending on when the price change happens.

We always book as soon as we see one that appeals to us at the right price. That way, we don't have to worry about price increases. If the price goes down, we can get the lower price or an upgrade depending on when the price change happens.

How do you get the lower price or upgrade? Did you book through royal? Or side company?

How do you get the lower price or upgrade? Did you book through royal? Or side company?

Royal will honor price drops up to final payment date, whether you book direct with Royal, or use a travel agent. However, the travel agent may have their own rules, and not honor the price drop.

Royal will honor price drops up to final payment date, whether you book direct with Royal, or use a travel agent. However, the travel agent may have their own rules, and not honor the price drop.

Oh ok...Sounds good...I didnt know that. We will have to keep any eye on the price with our next cruise. Good to know.

Taking your question in another direction. Often times we look for cruises that leave during certain times of the year when prices are routinely lower. For example the two weeks after Thanksgiving routinely have better pricing. Anything during hurrican season is often cheaper than during spring break or June when schools get out. This year, as you will see below, we found May to be cheaper than other times during the month. One of the fun things about cruising is the search.

For our upcoming Cruise from Sao Paulo(Santos) Brazil to Barcelona we booked this past August for our April Sailing.

Here are the benefits to booking early.

1. You have a wide selection of cabins.

2. You can get more Onboard Credit and other promos

3. You can always get a price reduction if the fare goes down until Final Payment then after it comes to you as Onboard Credit.

4. More options for dining times.

3. You have more time to search for airfares and with a firm sailing date there won't be back and forward with airfares.

4. Hotels run specials if you book early. I booked us at a Mercure in Sao Paulo for $88 with Breakfast, Mercure in Santos for $125 and a 4 Star Hotel in Barcelona that is $88 per night on Hotwire going for $200 today.

5. You have more shore excursions available.

6. You can now ask you boss for the exact dates you want off.

For our upcoming Cruise from Sao Paulo(Santos) Brazil to Barcelona we booked this past August for our April Sailing.

Here are the benefits to booking early.

1. You have a wide selection of cabins.

2. You can get more Onboard Credit and other promos

3. You can always get a price reduction if the fare goes down until Final Payment then after it comes to you as Onboard Credit.

4. More options for dining times.

3. You have more time to search for airfares and with a firm sailing date there won't be back and forward with airfares.

4. Hotels run specials if you book early. I booked us at a Mercure in Sao Paulo for $88 with Breakfast, Mercure in Santos for $125 and a 4 Star Hotel in Barcelona that is $88 per night on Hotwire going for $200 today.

5. You have more shore excursions available.

6. You can now ask you boss for the exact dates you want off.

Number 3- :confused: really? AFTER final payment you can get OBC? I thought after final payment all you could do was upgrade if the prices were equal or below what you paid? :o I hope I am wrong because OBC sounds good!

Number 3- :confused: really? AFTER final payment you can get OBC? I thought after final payment all you could do was upgrade if the prices were equal or below what you paid? :o I hope I am wrong because OBC sounds good!

Since May 2010 there has been no OBC for a price drop after final payment date. The only exception is the 48 hour price guarantee, i.e., you book and pay for a cruise within final payment period, and the price goes down within 48 hours of booking, then they will give you 110% of the difference in OBC.