Redeeming Visa Points - smooth as butter

orville99

We just redeemed 50,000 points for a 3-night cruise in Enchantment. Booked a JS for us and GS. Called the redemption number once we had the booking confirmed, and the whole process to redeem the points and tie them to the booking took all of 3 minutes. The RCL rep was great, and as soon as I confirmed the redemption, she linked it to the booking number. Couldn't have been easier or more painless.:)

What # did you call .I requested a redemption on line several days ago but am still waiting for a confirmation. I booked my cruise through a travel agent. Does that make a difference?

888-305-4626, and I got an email confirmation before the call ended.

Not sure about the TA question, we always book directly online with RCL.

Edited by orville99

What # did you call .I requested a redemption on line several days ago but am still waiting for a confirmation. I booked my cruise through a travel agent. Does that make a difference?

If your redemption is for OBC, then the travel agent does not have to get involved. However, if you redemption reduces the price of the cruise, then the travel agent has to approve it.

I didn't know you could call again to redeem your points. Years ago I always called and found the process to be very easy. For my last cruise in December, I redeemed my points online but I still found it easier to call than having to redeem them online and have to set up an account with password and such.

Edited by lauren0309

We just redeemed 50,000 points for a 3-night cruise in Enchantment. Booked a JS for us and GS. Called the redemption number once we had the booking confirmed, and the whole process to redeem the points and tie them to the booking took all of 3 minutes. The RCL rep was great, and as soon as I confirmed the redemption, she linked it to the booking number. Couldn't have been easier or more painless.:)

Is this a Bank of America Visa? Reason I asked is we just redeemed 25,000 pts for a companion fare on the Brilliance Feb 6th for 4 nights.

I wonder why you had to redeem 50,000 for a 3 night....is this for 2 free fares?

Is this a Bank of America Visa? Reason I asked is we just redeemed 25,000 pts for a companion fare on the Brilliance Feb 6th for 4 nights.

I wonder why you had to redeem 50,000 for a 3 night....is this for 2 free fares?

50,000 gets you a free OV for two on a 3 or 4 night cruise. We used it to get a JS, and our cost ended up at $279 each:) OVs were going at $515 so we got the maximum value of $1,000 deducted.

50,000 gets you a free OV for two on a 3 or 4 night cruise. We used it to get a JS, and our cost ended up at $279 each:) OVs were going at $515 so we got the maximum value of $1,000 deducted.

That's great! Our sailing was less expensive..the OV's were going for $429 so we ended up paying $10 for the second fare because we had booked an H at $439.

We too were extremely pleased at how fast the credit was applied to our credit card. We booked on a Tuesday and 3 days later it came off the card. We only had a little over 3 weeks til we sailed so the rep told us our request would take priority.

I redeemed for the first time and did it online and then booked my cruise. I thought you had to do it that way. Then I didn't book the cruise I thought I was going to. Ended up calling RCI and booking through the phone. Someone from Rewards called me the next day because the cruise I was booked for was not the same as what I put on the redemption. I also thought Alaska cruise for two was inside cabin when it's actually outside, so they just gave me $2,500 off the cruise. Happy with the service I got.

Great to know it was so easy. We plan on using 125,000 for a free week for 2. I will do it in a couple of weeks. We upgraded to a JS so will get credit for an ocean view. Just waiting a bit to make sure we are going for sure since once you redeem the points you can not get them back.

Great to know it was so easy. We plan on using 125,000 for a free week for 2. I will do it in a couple of weeks. We upgraded to a JS so will get credit for an ocean view. Just waiting a bit to make sure we are going for sure since once you redeem the points you can not get them back.

That's true...but you have 18months to use them once you redeem them.

can you get OBC if you got a diamond discount?

oh wait I am thinking about stock points.

if you use the points for obc you can still get the balcony discount. if you use them for a free cruise or companion fare, you can't.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know no balcony discount for a "free" ticket but what about the companion who is paying full price( by upgrading to a balcony)

Sadly no and you can't use it with any special fares either, such as senior, resident or military. See below

COMPANION FARES

Companion Fare Rewards are not valid on Christmas Sailings and New Year Sailings. Companion Fare Reward Redemptions may not be combined with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Companion Fare Rewards, Cruise Rewards, Upgrade Rewards or other promotional coupons and/or other Crown and Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage promotions and benefits. Companion Fares are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates. The guest or travel agent may call Royal Caribbean International for details regarding combinability with Price Programs. Companion Fare Rewards are valid only for oceanview, Boardwalk® view or Central Park® view staterooms. Companion Fares are not applicable on new ships during their first 13 months in operation, also known as, their ‘Inaugural Season".12