cruise clothing

Granny1

Ladies, are you looking for new clothes for your cruise? Where are you looking, I have been looking and not finding anything yet that is spring/summer..All I am seeing is winter dresses and such, BRING ON THE SUMMER CLOTHES.. This might get us thru these winter months..:)

we will probably start seeing spring/summer clothes sometime next month. What I did was buy in August summer clothes for my upcoming cruise. I took inventory and all I need to get is a couple more of summer blouses and some comfy sneakers. I bought sandals on clearance last year and I racked up. I bought so many I have to choose which ones I will take.:D

Stuff should start to trickle in soon. I've already bought a black swimsuit bottom that I needed. Swimsuits tend to be scarce around here by July so you have to get it early if you want your size!

I may buy something with the intent of wearing it on a cruise, but then it goes into my summer wardrobe anyway. The nice thing about cruising in the fall or winter is that all my summer clothes are new and exciting again.

Amazon! Love Amazon!

My first cruise is in May. I really have not bought much. I bought dresses for the 2 formal nights and 1 summery dress. I plan on buying one more pair of shorts because I am losing weight. And I need to buy some sandals, but it's mostly because my sandals are worn out. Everything I have bought can be used in my "real everyday life." I have heeded the CC warnings to not buy "cruise clothes"

I've been hitting up the sales racks pretty heavily for the past few months. I have a local Maurices store that I have found several summer dresses at for less than $10. I also recently ordered a few new bathing suits from Athleta because the separates were marked down as low as $9.99 plus you could get an additional 20% off. I love a good deal! Plus, these are all things that I can wear this summer as well.

Chicos always has a variety of things on sale. If you buy something and within a couple weeks it gets reduced, you can be credited the difference.

I'd say my wardrobe is 50% Chicos with some Coldwater Creek and Lands End making up another 40%. Impulse buys make up the remaining 10% and I realize that those are the things I hardly ever wear. :rolleyes: I rarely buy things ONLY for a cruise, but I do fill in bits and pieces if I have a cruise coming up. Our next cruise is going to be cold, so I'm getting a few pieces (coat, hat and gloves) that are on sale now. :)

... Everything I have bought can be used in my "real everyday life." I have heeded the CC warnings to not buy "cruise clothes"

Where are these warnings to not buy cruise clothes?! I need all the help I can get to not shop like mad. :D

Where are these warnings to not buy cruise clothes?! I need all the help I can get to not shop like mad. :D

FOFL

Actually, except for formal wear ... which rarely comes up in a tiny, farming community ... I do not discriminate between cruise clothing and 'normal' clothing. I like to look spectacular and keep the neighbors puzzled all the time.

I shop mostly thrift stores. Many keep out of season on racks in back. So, I can shop all seasons year round. And, wow, from time to time someone cleaning out their closet sends me an out of season bonanza!

I don't have separate travel clothing either - I have clothing that fits my needs (casual, work appropriate, climate appropriate etc) and when I have holes, I shop. I had some summer "holes" still because of my weight loss last year and a few weeks ago bought a bunch of things on clearance from JJill online - linen knit tank, woven linen dress (I look massively pregnant but it was so cheap and I know it will be SOOOOOO cooling come August in NC:rolleyes: that I'm keeping it anyway)

I dress pretty much the same year round, so I needed sun dresses and a few nice dresses to wear for dinner...and a new swim suit. Thankfully I was able to stock up in August and September. White House Black Market's clearance has been amazing. Those $160 dresses I coveted were knocked down to $40 :D

I don't have any specific clothes for vacations or cruises. I'll buy things that I will wear in regular life - I haven't won the lotto to have extra money to spend on specific vacation clothes. Now, if a vacation requires something very specific, I'll do that. For the safari I took, I was told I had to bring totally neutral color clothes so as not to stand out to the animals…Bought a few more tan/olive colored shirts (thanks Ex-Officio and Eddie Bauer) and pants (thanks North Face) for that trip. But, the pants and shirts do get worn at home - the shirts go well with my jeans and I wear the pants when I go hiking at home (which I do weekly).