How would you ever know if you got an upgrade?

dln929

Just curious. I was on the (US) Azamara website doing some of my online check-in for May. Nowhere in my reservation can I see what cabin we have--unlike Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. So how would anyone know if they'd been upgraded? Do you get a phone call? E-mail? Or is it a surprise when you board?

You are right….but, it is there -just in a different section. You can find it under "My Azamara"….or - on the front page of the online check in section, there is a tab at the bottom to print your bag tags. If you click on that, your cabin number will be on the printable bag tag that pops up in a pdf file. I would not suggest printing it - they will have them available at the ship if you did not order them online.

Thanks, nonrev, but I think that only works when you're close enough to your voyage that the luggage tags are ready. Only then could you check to see if your cabin number changed. But then again, I suppose if there were upgrades, that's about the exact time they'd be doled out?

Of course this is all moot when the "My Reservation" page reads out this message. ;)

Please note: Due to recent modifications in technical functionality, you are only able to view current and future reservations

In all my cruises I've never had an upgrade, but I'd love that functionality to come back so that I could actually manage my flippin' booking (paying for the cruise for example, checking shore excursions etc) ;) I think I read here that it is being brought back soon, but Azamara timelines are pretty suspect at the moment.

Deirdre, more than likely you'd find out about any upgrade on the ship. Friends were moved from a Club Continent Suite to one of the Club World Owners Suites and found out when they boarded. Nice! I live in hope I'll get one one day.:)

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall not be disappointed :)

Haha! I'll never be disappointed because in reality, I think one has as much chance as "winning" an upgrade as one does in winning the lottery. I'm actually more concerned about what I call an anti-upgrade and that's why I'd love to be able to keep tabs on my cabin number (if I could even see it ;)). So what's an anti-upgrade? It's when, to use Celebrity as an example, you've booked a hump cabin with a great big balcony and it's on Deck 6 with an obstructed view but you don't care because you like to stretch your legs out. And then...you get upgraded to Deck 10 with a great view and an itty bitty balcony. Hmmmm. Upgrade? It may be in the eyes of the beholder!

Ask your TA.

I agree. Why not ask your TA, or give Azamara an occasional phone call if you've booked direct. It's tough to navigate the website these days, and it does not offer the items I wish to see... so I'm avoiding it until the next upgrade in April. Hopefully, things will improve when the upgrade is implemented.

I agree. Why not ask your TA, or give Azamara an occasional phone call if you've booked direct. It's tough to navigate the website these days, and it does not offer the items I wish to see... so I'm avoiding it until the next upgrade in April. Hopefully, things will improve when the upgrade is implemented.

Andy and wripro, sometimes getting your TA to call you back is as tiresome as trying to navigate Azamara's website. ;) Nevertheless, I hope someone from Azamara is keeping at least half an eye cracked on this forum because there's an awful lot of useful information here as to what people would like/want/need on their websites!

I agree with wripro….your TA should call you back or you should find another TA. There is no problem calling Azamara directly and asking them for your cabin info. Yes, Azamara does monitor the boards and have made many changes based on our input.