Ladies ... let's talk Perfume!

heyitsmejudy

Lucky You!! I hope you feel better soon. (((Hugs)))

Thanks. :) Broken ribs are slowly healing, bruises are almost gone, dizziness from the concussion is slowly going away as well.

I can't wait to get back to my exercise routine. I took a very gentle yoga class last Saturday designed for seniors and those with physical limitations, and might try another tonight. My brain wants to run and lift and go to power yoga, but my body simply laughs at the thought at this point. :)

I wear Angel or White Diamonds, but my DH likes me to wear White Shoulders as that is what I always used when we first met over 40 yrs. ago. My darling grandmother gave me my first bottle of White Shoulders for my 16th. B.D. so I always think of her when I do wear it. :)

I am thrilled with this thread!

Versace Yellow Diamond

Burberry Body Tender (just got this and I am IN LOVE)

Chanel Chance

Christian Dior Miss Dior & Miss Dior Cherie

Pucci Vivara

I wear a couple of scents that are made in a little small perfumery in the French quarter in New Orleans called Hove, they have been around about a hundred years.

Our next cruise is out of Nola so I am looking forward to going there and shopping for some more

If you like Hove, be sure to check out Bourbon French Parfum on Royal Street in the French Quarter. I had a custom scent made there last year for my birthday, but their 150 year old Kus Kus is my go-to.

I also love just about any of the old Guerlain scents... L'Heure Blue and Jicky are my favorites from there.

Summertime fave...Bobbi Brown's Beach!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I would love to try that one. I stopped by Macy's a few weeks back to sample it, only to find out they don't carry it in the store :(. Right now I have Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess perfume and body oil. One of my favorites for summer!!

My favs are, in no particular order

D&G Light Blue

Estee Lauder Modern Muse (I only have a few samples, need to purchase)

Marc Jacob's Daisy

Coach Poppy

Coach Love

Calvin Klein Euphoria

• 2 weeks later...

I wear perfume every day. I use body lotion and shower gel/body wash of the same series almost always.

I don't mix scents, I finish the current one before taking up another one.

I've worn Escada summer fragrances every summer since 2002.

This is the first year I'm hesitating :eek::(

I very very rarely buy the same fragrance twice.

I have bought a second bottle of Hugo Boss Woman, DKNY Be Delicious and Be Delicious Fresh Blossom.

Never a third bottle though.

So many lovely scents, so little time :D

At the moment I'm wearing Love Spell by Victoria's Secret.

Next on my list is Hugo Boss Jour.

Mousey, My Mom wore Tabu.

Aww, my Mom too and she has been gone now for over 30 years. I can still smell it and see the shape of the bottle and the color of the perfume.

Right now, the only perfume I like is Romance by Ralph Lauren. Since my chemotherapy, my "nose" has changed and my perfume drawer is filled with ones I used to love but cannot handle anymore... D&G Light Blue, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Acqua di Gio by Armani, and some others. On my recent cruise, I was quite liking a few in the duty free shop (Cool Water by Davidoff, and Desire by D&G) but in the end I did not purchase.

Mousey,

My Mom wore Tabu. I do hope I am seated next to you one day or pass you in a crowd.

She was always so stylish, the scent of Tabu takes me right back to a very happy time with my Mom. :)

Thank you, you are so nice to share that story with me!

Tabu was the first perfume my mom ever bought for me when I was 13. Since then, she has given me a small bottle of Tabu every single Christmas! I'm 67 now so that's a lot of Tabu. And yes, I got another bottle this past Christmas, and yes I do go through the whole bottle (it's not very big) every year as it reminds me of my beloved mom whenever I wear it. As we live on opposite coasts and I only get to see her about twice a year...I wear it often.

The funny thing is, even though I don't always wear it...I don't wear just one perfume exclusively as I like variety, I have gotten compliments from a lot of men when I wear Tabu. One of my x-boyfriends told me he used to go into the drugstore and just spray some into the air so he could feel like he was with me. Isn't that sweet!:)

Karen,

Thanks for telling me about your mom too. Tabu is a real classic and has been around for years and years. I hope someday my DS will remember me wearing Tabu also.

Edited by mousey

• 1 year later...

Can anyone recommend some lemony or citrus scents? My sister in law is looking for something new.

She also wears Chance eau tendre by Chanel.

I bought myself the original green Be Delicious by DKNY in St Maarten the last time we were there.

I have become very sensitive to fragrances over the years. Almost anything floral will give me a headache, often severe, and anything at all with Patchouli will give me an instant migraine. I don't understand why people insist on wearing perfumes and colognes when they cause severe problems for so many.

We've had several cruise ship meals that were ruined for us because we were seated next to women who were doused with fragrance. We could not smell or taste our food, their perfume was that overwhelming.

I love fragrance (favourites are Hermes Eau de Merveilles and a few Fragonard fragrances) but I hardly wear it now because so many others are assaulting my senses on a daily basis. We used to endure the unpleasantness, now we ask to be reseated in restaurants. What's the point of spending good money on a nice meal and good wine if it's just going to taste like perfume?

Fragrance should be subtle, not offensive.

Almost as bad as smoke around me.. Hopefully most will leave the perfume at home when cruising Almost all offices these days are scent free zones as they should be. Now to get the same in all restaurants.

I used to sneeze from Patchouli or Sandlewood candle scents when I worked for giftware companies. Still have a problem in some candle shops or places that sell incense. I used to work with a woman who wore to much Poison. Can't stand it now.

I don't wear scents everyday. I know my dental office is scent free and one grocery store near us has a scent free cash lane for a sensitive cashier.

Normally I do wear some for evenings on cruises. I like to try something different from the shops and live with it for a night to see what I like.

I love perfume!!! I don't wear it at work because the coworker next to me is allergic. He is to retire soon, then I can wear it again. ]

I do wear perfume, but a little bit. I have some from France that I love.

I am looking to buy the Lolita Lempika, I love the scent.

Can anyone recommend some lemony or citrus scents? My sister in law is looking for something new.

She also wears Chance eau tendre by Chanel.

I bought myself the original green Be Delicious by DKNY in St Maarten the last time we were there.

I also love lemon and citrus scents.

My favorite lemon scent is from C O Bigelow (Bath and Body Works) and it is called Lemon. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd bottle. If you want all lemon and not much else, this is the scent.

Bath and Body also has an Orange Ginger scent that I buy in their body spray.

I also love lemon and citrus scents.

My favorite lemon scent is from C O Bigelow (Bath and Body Works) and it is called Lemon. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd bottle. If you want all lemon and not much else, this is the scent.

Bath and Body also has an Orange Ginger scent that I buy in their body spray.

Thanks. I'll look for them in our Bath and Body Works. If I can't find them here I can look in Florida in April before our cruise.

I lovvvvee perfume but I only can stand floral or vanilla type scents on me though I love how the smokier and deeper smells on paper but with my body it doesn't work well but anyways some of my fav are:

The new version of chloe I dont really like the older version...too bad for my bf he did not know that they are the same name and purchased me the older version.

Chloe Roses

La Vanilla

Noel (bath and body works)

viktor and rolf flowerbomb

Marc Jacobs Dot

I love mixing LaVanilla and Noel it makes almost a grown up sugar cookie smell lol. I have been commented on before when mixing these two that I smell like delicious cookies. Chloe just to me is very romantic and girly which I love and it has a smell that sort of reminds me of my great grandmothers house which always smelled like perfumed roses with a hint of vanilla.

Edited by Rainbowfalls

I have become very sensitive to fragrances over the years. Almost anything floral will give me a headache, often severe, and anything at all with Patchouli will give me an instant migraine. I don't understand why people insist on wearing perfumes and colognes when they cause severe problems for so many.

Yes. Totally agree. Perfume in pubic places is so problematic for those of us who are sensitive.

I was in a profession that required extensive continuing professional education. It was not uncommon for a seminar leader to decree that there should be no perfumes or scents used by attendees. I believe that awareness has not reached general social situations.

The husband got me some new Michael Kors Gold perfume for Christmas. I'd been alternating Chanel Chance and Chanel #5 for a while. Do you have any "signature" scents? I know they all smell different on different people, but I'm interested to see what all of you love!

Bond no. 9 Harrods Rose

I like to change it up according to the season but my die-hard pick is Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. I wear that all year long..I always go back to it.

Other picks are.. Chanel Coco Noir, Theirry Mugler Alien. I also really like the Sonia Kashuk line at Target. The one in the yellow bottle is lemony and so summery.

Edited by BellaSweet

I've worn Chanel #5 for 35 years. I cheated a little in high school with Charlie and Scoundrel and then later with White Shoulders, Red, and Coco. Back to #5 for good. I wish Chanel would make a small small travel size. I tried the little "bullet pump" but couldn't get it to fit on my #5 spritzer.

My mother still wears Giorgio. One grandmother wore Oscar which I really like but it was her perfume. Other grandmother wore Emeraude which I wasn't fond of.