List your top 3 changes you would like to see

baytraller

Crystal Cruises and "children sail for free" is a deal breaker. Why in the world would I abandon a 5* cruise line such as Seabourn to sail on P&O which I know does this gimmick? Is that Crystal of today?

Sounds stupid and dangerous for the luxury market segment. Smacks of desperation by Crystal. And debilitating for the crew who, like me, expected more.

Crystal? Looks to me as if their faux anytime dining and small cabins have caught up with them.

Happy sailing where your dosh really does buy quality!

My sentiments on Crystal exactly. For us the only thing it had going for it was the Nobu on board, the rest of the main restaurant fare was edible at best.

As of January this year, they are now charging $60 a couple for visits to Nobu and Prego, you do get one visit free.

Really does go to show that we must all make the most of the great value for money, and excellent food SB offers at the moment.

Why 21?

My 19 and a few others had a great cruise to Antarctica and I'm sure there are others who would back up the fact that the group of young ones were perfectly human...

She participated in lectures, trivia, baggo and enjoyed her fine dining.... and she paid full fare

Edited by MrsWaldo

You can compare/contrast this with recent first time cruiser Able Seaman Hs daughter who from all reports was very well behaved. Im guessing if more parents were like him (& his wife) and more young passengers were like her people wouldn't go nuclear on the subject of children.

Thank you for your kind words. Clearly aimed more at Mrs Able Seaman H than my good self :)

I am a firm believer in free choice and strongly reject "banning" certain sections of society from taking part in activities. We knew the score when we booked onto Sojourn and it delivered on the nose. I don't want someone taking away that free choice. I am mindful of the fact that I am not the only guest on board and it doesn't help anyone if my actions upset the majority. That's why we felt it necessary to do some homework.

However, and it's a very big however, to offer free children's places sends out a message that says we have infrastructure in place to cater for children in the same way Royal Caribbean, Carnival and even Disney do. This clearly isn't the case. With "kids sail free" programmes parents don't think to research in the same way we did. Why would they? The cruise line is saying all will be well.

I can not see Seabourn ever offering free child places on board. Free internet to keep them occupied and make up for the lack of booze they will be putting away would be great, but that isn't going to open the floodgates for junior Seabourn cruisers.

I think Seabourn and importantly their agents strike a good balance in terms of "warning" parents without banning them all together. If I were a gambling man I would suggest that a lot of the "problem" cases come from large groups where the parent probably didn't have much say in the booking process. Grandma, Great Uncle Fester or Auntie Sue decided they wanted a family cruise and booked everyone on. The parents just rocked up on the day sproglet in hand.

Henry :)

Why 21?

My 19 and a few others had a great cruise to Antarctica and I'm sure there are others who would back up the fact that the group of young ones were perfectly human...

She participated in lectures, trivia, baggo and enjoyed her fine dining.... and she paid full fare

Some people don't like competition for bar stools from those not of legal drinking age (depends on the line).;)

Why 21?

We were also on this cruise with MrsWaldo and we found that the group of young ones were as she said "perfectly human". I don't remember them sitting at the bar at any stage. The only time we saw them was listening to the band in the evenings

I also think the "junior" Waldos helped a lot of other passengers with their photos

We were also on this cruise with MrsWaldo and we found that the group of young ones were as she said "perfectly human". I don't remember them sitting at the bar at any stage. The only time we saw them was listening to the band in the evenings

I also think the "junior" Waldos helped a lot of other passengers with their photos

Congratulations on not dealing with the Dingle berries on Oceania.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone

Why 21?

I can certainly vouch for Mrs. Waldo's young adults (not children). A pleasure to be around and, from time to time, the font of all knowledge.

We had a number of young adults (very few children) on our Antarctic cruise and they were great company.

There were certain older guests who were somewhat less agreeable. I would swap a young adult for them any day.

If they surprise one person they'll disappoint someone else. And no matter to what concept they might change R2 some people will be unhappy. Make it Italian someone will want Asian. Make it Asian and someone will want French. Make it French and someone will want a steak house. There's only one solution for everyone....Oasis of the Seas where they can have it all.

I love this post!! I had to laugh. Thanks wripo.

1.Increase prices so that quality can be maintained

2.Implement a new themed restaurant to replace restaurant 2 which is coming to the end of its useful life

3.Stop hiring musicians who have never played together before and make sure that they can play requests from guests and that they are able to judge the type of crowd to keep them on the dance floor.

Good choices - hopefully the Hawaiian shirt brigade will be deterred!:D

1) FOOD - Food with some seasoning would be nice, what’s wrong with garlic? The food can be excellent at times, but too much steak, not enough lamb, pork, fish and different poultry. After two weeks at sea it feels like the chicken or beef choice on an airline – boring!

2) DRESS CODE - More formal nights in the main restaurant in tandem with fully relaxed attire in the Colonnade then everyone’s happy!

3) SEVEN DAY MED CRUISES – Do away with these – they never fully sell out – get discounted and then the tone is lowered as you get the Hawaiian shirt brigade in from other lines. That might sound snobby but it’s true. (Perhaps Seabourn and her agents could offer deals to those who have sailed often with the line with targeted marketing, after all shouldn’t they be encouraging loyalty?!)

SMOKING - I know the thread said three wishes but just say NO to smoking.....Please!!

Oh and by the way the small ships are going, going, gone and are not coming back so please get over it!

Lovetocruz,

Whilst I totally agree with you on your first two points,and partially on your third point,about offering the discounts to frequent SBr's. I have to disagree about the dismissal of the med cruises,as these have their place. I for one cannot leave my business for lengthy periods of time,but love to go on seabourn in the med, for a week of sun. It makes for a lovely little break in the summer, I could afford to go wherever I wanted, for however long on seabourn, but currently, business takes priority. Therefore, if all seabourn offered was 14-100 day cruises, then I would be very upset,as time would not allow me to do these.

Whilst, sometimes one sees your so called Hawaiian shirt brigade onboard, usually the majority have sailed SB before, and are after a short sunshine break.

To add, from the many lengthy chats to the captains and crew members onboard SB, they all generally come to the conclusion that the shorter cruises in the sun tend to be more jovial and fun, people are happier. I have been told many tales of people on lengthy cruises who have gotten aggressive and argumentative with others.

OK, so this is my only gripe - and it isn't a big deal. (I have never gone hungry!!)

1. The fruit in the suite be ripe enough to eat

2. The fruit not be taken just as it is ripening

3. The finally ripened fruit not be replaced with fruit not ripe enough to eat

OK, so this is my only gripe - and it isn't a big deal. (I have never gone hungry!!)

1. The fruit in the suite be ripe enough to eat

2. The fruit not be taken just as it is ripening

3. The finally ripened fruit not be replaced with fruit not ripe enough to eat

I could not agree more. We love fruit but have never been able to eat any that has been left in our room.