US Port Lines With the Most Gastro Disease Outbreaks

Just did a tally from the CDC website

Here it is. This includes noro and other infections like shigella and ecoli, but is mostly noro

Considering the ginormous size of the Royal fleet, I'd say they have some good policies in place if they have only had 25 when Holland & Princess have had over 45 each

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm

Holland 50

Princess 46

Norwegian 29

Royal 25

Cunard 10

Crystal 3

Celebrity 2

Seabourn 1

Hey, for all the bashing they take perhaps this is an area where all of the other lines could learn from Carnival. They seem to have very few noro outbreaks considering their large number of ships (many of which are of rather high passenger density). I wonder why that is / what they do differently?

OK, so not all of the numbers were provided here. Counted

16 - Carnival

2 - Disney

Plus a bunch of other onesie twosie line outbreaks

Either way, not sure what the lines are doing but I was on Liberty 2 weeks ago and it boggles the mind the number of people I see walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands plus the ones who refuse to use hand sanitizer on the way into the eating areas. Seriously, cleaning your hands will solve most of these outbreaks..

Oh well, such is the life. Just hope I never run into the weight loss virus :rolleyes:

Here it is. This includes noro and other infections like shigella and ecoli, but is mostly noro

Considering the ginormous size of the Royal fleet, I'd say they have some good policies in place if they have only had 25 when Holland & Princess have had over 45 each

Holland 50

Princess 46

Norwegian 29

Royal 25

Cunard 10

Crystal 3

Celebrity 2

Seabourn 1

I don't think you added Celebrity correctly - it looks to me that they had 29 or so if you add all the years in the report.

Holland 50

Princess 46

Norwegian 29

Royal 25

Cunard 10

Crystal 3

Celebrity 2

Seabourn 1

I count 27 for Celebrity.

BTW, for anyone that ever says the cruise lines don't maintain proper health standards, just point them to the Liberty of the Seas incident in 2007.

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2007/june1liberty.htm

She had an outbreak on her second sailing ever. We were on the 4th sailing and it was still high alert and many of the fernishings were not completed again or ruined. They had to remove all of the mattresses, sheets, towels, and cabin books after the second sailing and at that time burn them. I don't think they ever go to that extreme any more, but that was amidst the huge number of cases in 06/07 when they didn't want to take any chances.