New Main Dinning Room Menus coming soon

galliegirlie

Hopefully I'm not putting the cart before the horse, but our Hotel Director on our 1/5/14 NCL Dawn sailing told us (during our CC meet & Greet) that we could expect to see new main dinning room menus coming "soon". He said that its all hands on deck with Getaway coming out, but after that Corporate was going to work on the roll out of the new menus fleetwide. Which probably actually means spring-late spring, but hey still good news!

I'm just hoping that they will be in place for our June Baltic Capitals cruise. :D

If anyone else has any news/rumors to report about new menus, please feel free to do so.

Apparently there were new menus on the Getaway transatlantic, but I've not seen details.

I was on a Getaway one nighter and the MDR menu looked very different (I ate in Cagneys so didn't look in detail). I assumed at the time it was a special for one night cruises, but maybe it was one of the new ones.

Hopefully we will get some reports from the Getaway soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One member here (who has had some kind of inside information before) told about this already couple of weeks ago stating that the menus should be rolled out already at this point. I think last minor update was late 2012 and larger update even further away so I think that the update is due - let's just hope that it's a good one. :)

I uploaded some more or less readable photos of the new dinner menus here

I am very pleased with the choices, as we only plan to do specialty restaurants once or twice. Those look great! Thank you very much for sharing.

Edited by LrgPizza

When we did the Chef's Table on the BA in November the chef said they were bringing the new menus on the following week. He said they would be testing for a little while and then decide if the menu would go fleet wide. I guess it went well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It looks pretty good but I noticed that there were no spring rolls :( and not one lamb dish...:(...I guess Ill see when I go in Jan of next year...Im sure there will be the finalized new menus posted by then...I wonder if they are just going to have that or still have the menu that doesnt change each day and then have that one for the menu that changes if that makes any sense..:confused:

It looks pretty good but I noticed that there were no spring rolls :( and not one lamb dish...:(...I guess Ill see when I go in Jan of next year...Im sure there will be the finalized new menus posted by then...I wonder if they are just going to have that or still have the menu that doesnt change each day and then have that one for the menu that changes if that makes any sense..:confused:

It looks, to me, like there are a number of items which do not change from menu to menu. Notice the selections marked with an 'e'. I'm guessing it's 'e' for Everyday.

Hi, on the 0015 picture shows spring rolls as a starter and a lamb dish entree.

Yeah, I'd noticed the spring rolls were there. I looked as they are one of my favourites.

There must be more menus than this. Aren't there currently about 14 that they use?

Sadly, the menus someone so kindly posted on Flickr bore me. So much for trying something on board that I've never had before and being adventurous. Maybe the daily special will be more exciting (though my experience those haven't been great).

It looks, to me, like there are a number of items which do not change from menu to menu. Notice the selections marked with an 'e'. I'm guessing it's 'e' for Everyday.

that is the way it has been for a few years or more. One side is 'always available" the other is daily menu which does change .

Sadly, the menus someone so kindly posted on Flickr bore me. So much for trying something on board that I've never had before and being adventurous. Maybe the daily special will be more exciting (though my experience those haven't been great).

I have to ask this and not out of rudeness or to start a debate, but what would you have liked to see on the standard MDR menu that isn't there? I know we don't expect Filet, Swordfish, Rack of Lamb, etc on a daily basis. We just expect a decent and attractive choice. That is what they seem to be offering or to me, that is what they are offering. We have always found something we enjoyed eating and rarely had a bad meal. No, the MDR isn't top of the line, but even the always available side has some items that we think are very good: the Salmon, the soups and the Cesar Salad, all are tasty and prepared correctly in our estimation.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Sorry, I guess that was the one that was out of focus and I couldnt read it very well....Im glad to see they have them one day, but *sigh* I did so enjoy the spring rolls every day....but, Im sure Ill find something else that Ill like too...always plenty of options...;)

Well Lobster will no longer be on MDR menus--Lobster Night is canceled and the steak will be very thin sirloin. I was told those items will continue to be available upon request at the Specialty Restaurants. I feel like we are being nickled and dimed...:(

Well Lobster will no longer be on MDR menus--Lobster Night is canceled and the steak will be very thin sirloin. I was told those items will continue to be available upon request at the Specialty Restaurants. I feel like we are being nickled and dimed...:(

If it's not a hidden charge IMO you are not being "nickeled and dimed"

I believe you're misinformed. They may not have had lobster on your recent cruise on the Sky, but the latest menus from the Getaway clearly show lobster night (surf and turf) on the menu (there's a link posted right on this thread in the post immediately preceding yours), and my understanding is the new menus introduced on the Getaway are being rolled out to the remainder of the fleet.

Edited by njhorseman

If it's not a hidden charge IMO you are not being "nickeled and dimed"

Nickle and Dimeing is a term used to describe the push of a company to pull every bit of money out of someone. In this case the term was used properly as they have shifted the dinner option that most cruisers look forward to to a pay restaurant. This is there for a Nickle and Dime tactic used to push you to a specialty restaurant to get that, for a lot of people, special cruise lobster dinner.

6&8