Cross body purse suggestions please

rpinphx1

Roots! They make wonderful quality, very comfortable, good looking leather purses. This is the one I have http://usa.roots.com/SideSaddleInTribeLeatherWithBrassHardware/RootsOriginalflatbags//18019694,default,pd.html?cgid=leatherViewAllWomensBags&selectedColor=024, but they make various sizes and colours.

Really depends on what you're looking for.

I have a Vera Bradley messenger bag I bring & it has a great back zipper pocket for docs. But being a messenger bag, it's bigger.

I have 2 smaller bags (in the 9 x 12 range), one is a Tiagnello (not sure if I spelled that right) which has pockets and spaces for CC so you don't end to bring another wallet. It's handy but smaller.

I also have an ebags brand cross body (pretty sure it's the piazza day bag) I took it to the Med this year & loved it except for the strap. The strap reminds me of a seatbelt it's just annoying! I did like that I could zip out the side pocket & fit a water bottle.

Both of these fit into my messenger bag. So I usually have my messenger bag as my carry-on/purse & then have one of the 2 smaller bags stuffed inside it to use on excursions.

Wanted to add, I carried around Rick Steve's guide books in that piazza day bag, and there was plenty of room for other stuff - wallet, tissue, gum, all the brochures from the places we visited. That can hopefully give you a size idea.

Edited by hansolosmom
Adding more info

I've been hooked on Betsey Johnson lately. She has one style that I have in about 6 different colors and decor. They're about 10x11, made of padded material, have two side to side horizontal zippers on the front that I keep my camera, tickets/passes, gum, small tablet and pen for notes, small stuff like that. Top zipper for security. They're a lightweight but strong semi-padded material so very lightweight. They're "edgy" with flowers and skulls and sequins, some "edgier" than others, haha.

I do have other styles in leather that I got on QVC, Tignanello has beautiful ones and B. Makowski, (though lately his prices have gone thru the roof.) BUT,........you can find all these brands at Ross, Marshalls and TJ Max for much, much less. :)

I think an RFID purse is more than a little excessive - after all, the only RFID information you likely have are the chips in your credit cards (if you have chip and pin cards) and in your passport. Having an RFID blocking wallet or (what I use) RFID credit card sleeves are more than enough - and much less expensive. And if you buy some sleeves for your credit cards, you can use them at home with any purse or wallet (identity theft isn't just for tourists, after all).

I love, love, love my crossbody purse from Thirty-One gifts. It is virtually weightless. The soft wallet that coordinates with it is equally as light.

I think it's called the organizing shoulder bag. I have the quilted brown one. I believe that it is not in the spring catalog, but you can find it on Ebay. There are twill ones available that are very lightweight also. It's well worth the $45 purchase.

HI,

Flying to Athens for Med cruise. Bringing underseat small rolling tote. But... need crossbody so docs etc. avail. If you have one you love please post.

Thanks so much

Brighton has a great multi pocket bag. Zippers are secure and its light weight. Have been able to stow 2 prs eyeglasses, seapass, digital camera & cash & credit cards w/o feeling like a pack mule

Carole

I just today bought a lovely Lily Blossoms (or was that Lily Blooms?) cross-body bag. Can't wait to use it. I bought it at Belk, and it was $50 . . . But on 40% off sale + I had a $10 off total price coupon, so it was pretty cheap.

I carry Vera Bradley bags frequently, and I love them. This material seems like hers in that they're bright colored and casual, and I hope the workmanship will hold up as well. I think the Lily material may be more spot-cleanable (Vera's never quite the same after you've washed it, but it's fabric and it must be done). However, I've only owned the Lily bag for a few hours, so I may be wrong.

It's a little bigger than the wallets-on-a-string that I enjoy carrying during the school year (which I love because they slide into my school bag so easily), but this is a summer bag.

What sold me was that the back side has a a padded zipper bag that holds an iPad. I haven't tried it yet to verify whether that means with or without a case. The outside has a medium sized zipper pocket that would be a large change purse. And the outside has a large snap pocket, probably for your phone. Lift the flap and you see credit card pockets. And that's all before you reach the moderate-sized main pocket. Adjustable, wide strap.

I can't wait to use this bag! Mine's a medium blue with bright colors.

My previous favorite cross-body bag is the Vera Bradley mini-hipster. Love it so much I wore one flat-out. I used the zipped flat pocket on front for cash money. Inside is a spot for credit cards. I used the small main pocket for sunglasses and other necessities. And the back open, slide-in pocket is just right for my Kindle. The strap is a little too long for me, and it doesn't adjust, so I tied a small knot in mine. Works fine. It is definitely smaller than my new Lily bag, but it usually did the job . . . As long as I didn't want to carry snacks or souvenirs. For every day, it was great.

If you are looking for a good bag for safety we got one from Pacsafe which has RFID protection and also other features to protect you from thieves and pickpockets. The extra feature for me was the fact that my husband could carry it!!!!
I have two Pacsafe bags for travel. Using one as an everyday purse this winter.

We went to a busy flea market last week and I locked up the zipper tab so I didn't have to worry about it.

My SIL borrowed the smaller one for a Greek vacation and Med cruise and I was worried I might not get it back because she loved it so much.

I think an RFID purse is more than a little excessive - after all, the only RFID information you likely have are the chips in your credit cards (if you have chip and pin cards) and in your passport.

It's only a RFID pocket in mine for your passport or wallet, not the whole purse.

I just today bought a lovely Lily Blossoms (or was that Lily Blooms?) cross-body bag. Can't wait to use it. I bought it at Belk, and it was $50 . . . But on 40% off sale + I had a $10 off total price coupon, so it was pretty cheap.

I have a Lily Blossoms purse for my summer bag. Love that it is made of recycled water bottles and has a colourful pattern.

I really like the LeSportsac bags. They're very lightweight and washable. They wear very well. I have several in different sizes.

https://www.lesportsac.com/collection/classic-collection/mini-bags

I like LeSportsac too:)...so sturdy AND lightweight! Holds alot of

stuff as well:D