Heels or flats??

DJSchib

With the amount of walking I hear you have to do, do you wear a high heel or a flatter or lower heel with formal dress? I am sure the high heel might look the nicest but leery on how far you have to walk with not wearing them very often

Thoughts? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That will entirely depend on your comfort level. I wear heels nearly every day, and I can walk forever in them. Despite this, I was on a really rocky ship once when even I had difficulty maintaining my balance! You can find some very dressy lower heel shoes, if you aren't comfortable wearing heels. Or else you can wear heels just to dinner, then change into something more comfortable for you afterwards.

I wear flat, loafer type shoes every day (flat sandals in summer) for work. When dressing up, I wear a 1 to 1-1/2 inch heel sparkly ballroom dancing shoe, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007P58KLY/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have them in gold and silver and between them they go with everything. Wider, shorter heel and a suede bottom, all of which make them easy to walk in, even when the ship lets you know you are on the ocean.

Those shoes are very cute. First time cruising and I forget if the water is turbulent that might not make good for walking in heels. Good point!

I am lucky to wear a heel more then an inch once a year unless a wedding or funeral etc. I probably should look for something shorter

definitely wear heels. pain is temporary, your cruise experience will last forever. :D

:eek:Obviously written by someone with no foot problems! :D

It's possible to wear low heels, look good, and be comfortable. And your cruise experience memories will be the sweeter for it!

Heels for sure. Usually at least about 4" if not 5'-6". I do not wear heels at all around home. Just on cruises. My feet kill, but I figure oh well, I will just sit down and rest while walking around the ship. I have yet to go on a cruise where someone doesn't comment how cute my shoes are or wants them. I usually say, "Oh, you can have them, they kill my feet. LOL

I don't even know where to begin to look for lower heels. Don't really see any that I like.

I love heels. I have several pairs sitting in my closet. However, my back is a hot mess after a car accident and my doctor has ordered me not to wear them :-(

I have three pairs of fun flats packed for our cruise, but I wish I could wear the heels.

how far can it possibility be to walk from your room to the MDR? obviously if you have a foot or back or mental problem with wearing heels then you don't have a heel option and wouldn't have asked about heels. if you have to slip on some footies then put on your shoes outside the MDR. it would also depend on if your grown was hemmed to be worn with flats or high heels.

Edited by Sherlock43031

how far can it possibility be to walk from your room to the MDR? obviously if you have a foot or back or mental problem with wearing heels then you don't have a heel option and wouldn't have asked about heels. if you have to slip on some footies then put on your shoes outside the MDR. it would also depend on if your grown was hemmed to be worn with flats or high heels.

I just can't see doing that to myself. Causing yourself pain in the name of fashion? Something definitely wrong with this picture, IMO.

For me it's a matter of balance, not pain. I am now an older woman, but I couldn't even wear 3 in. heels when I was a teenager, because I had and still have poor balance. I have found many options for 2 inch heels that are dressy and comfortable. I also have a pair of silver metallic thongs that have about a 1/2 - 3/4 inch wedge heel that I wear sometimes.

:eek:Obviously written by someone with no foot problems! :D

It's possible to wear low heels, look good, and be comfortable. And your cruise experience memories will be the sweeter for it!

Agree; after 4 foot surgeries on my left foot I can barely wear anything but flip flops. I'm lucky to get my foot in a tennis shoe. I wish I could wear heels but those days are long gone for me.

With the amount of walking I hear you have to do, do you wear a high heel or a flatter or lower heel with formal dress? I am sure the high heel might look the nicest but leery on how far you have to walk with not wearing them very often

Thoughts? Thanks

I wear flats all the time. For me it is better. As for long walks onboard a ship, well it can be a long walk for some. We were just on Freedom of the Seas, and the walk was long from forward to aft.

The overall length of the ship is 1,112 ft and width is 185 ft. While public hall ways are not 1,112 ft, some of them a pretty long. so, I did wear flats.